Hotel Torbraeu
$421
$394
Hotels.com
1,122 results
All reviewsoldest hotelgreat locationisartor stationhofbrau housefront desk staffwonderful hotels bahnbreakfast roomold citysitting roomshort walkjunior suitewithin walking distancethe hotel staffincluded in the room ratelovely roomlarge bathroom
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We spent two nights in Torbrau during Oktoberfest, and could not have been more satisfied. The service was great, the staff spoke good English and had a good sense of humour. Also the room was good; we had a spacious room overlooking the nearby church, and when the windows were closed, there was no noise coming from the street below. The room was clean, as was the rest of the hotel.
I have to commend the breakfast. When entering the breakfast room, we were shown to our tables and asked what we wanted to drink. The waiter then brought the drinks to the table. The breakfast buffet was excellent with fresh fruit, cheeses, cold cuts, bread rolls of different kinds, yogurt, as well as juices and even sparkling wine for drink. Also some German and Bavarian delicacies were included. If I wanted an omelette, I could order it directly from the kitchen. And since I have a sweet tooth, I was happy to see that they had freshly baked goodies as well.
When stepping out of the hotel, there were several recommended restaurants nearby. Also several big department stores were along the same street the hotel was. The area itself was clean and safe.
All in all, I recommend reserving Hotel Torbrau for your stay in Munich!

1  Thank Sari T
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Our room and bath were a good size, but the room had a very dated appearance. It was quiet. Our room looked out over the car park, which didn't matter during the day since we were mostly out. However, at night the car park was brightly lit and the drapes were not long enough to block the light. Very annoying. The breakfast buffet was average. They had a sign by the hard boiled eggs saying that you could ask for cooked eggs or an omelet but they never asked if you wanted it, you had to flag someone down. Made me feel like they didn't really want to do it. If I return to Munich I'll probably check out other hotels.

Room Tip: Don't look out over the car park if you like a dark room!
1  Thank msu_mom
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We have to love this hotel because, among many things, they had our room ready for us early when we arrived from the airport, after a LONG flight. This made all the difference in our jet lag experience. We were able to crash for a couple of hours which helped tremendously. We arranged airport pick up which was on time and worth the $$.

The staff is great. Very helpful and never too busy to help with directions and general chit chat. We booked a suite and I agree with the other reviews that the decor is a bit corny and cluttered but the bed was cozy and the bathroom was huge. Double sinks and a large soaking tub. Lots of counter space for "stuff".

The breakfast was delicious and beautifully arranged. The restaurant Schapeau was excellent and we especially loved our server, Gabriel.

Perfect location.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I have stayed several times at the Torbräu, most frequently to attend the Oktoberfest, and thoroughly enjoy staying there. The location is wonderful, just a five minute walk down the Tal to the Marienplatz, the center of old Munich. We were told that the Torbräu is the oldest hotel in Munich, but it is continually being modernized, a testament to the wisdom of the owners. The hotel staff are uniformly helpful and considerate.

We stayed in a standard room, which was a bit small (not a big deal because we spent little time in our hotel room) but well equipped, including two comfortable easy chairs and a desk. Free internet is a real plus and we had a very strong signal in our room. The bathroom was large enough for the two of us, sporting a double sink (a feature that I like very much but is not common in German hotels). I do not believe that all rooms in the Torbräu come with a double sink, so if that is important to you be sure to ask for it.

The breakfasts are terrific, even better than the typically excellent German breakfasts. Many selections are available on the buffet—an assortment of juices, fruits, cereals, breads, meats, fish, cheeses, pastries and other goodies. One can also have made-to-order eggs, which I did every morning.

The Torbräu has a restaurant on site which is quite good. The décor is modern and charming and offers a broad selection of drinks and meals.

The hotel offers parking at their private lot on the side street of the hotel. Unfortunately, it is not possible to make a garage reservation, a policy that I can understand. But it was a bit annoying that after having stayed at the hotel for several nights, I decided to drive outside Munich to do a bit of touring but was not permitted to keep my parking place. Instead, when I returned to the hotel, someone else had occupied my space and I was compelled to park at the public lot a couple of hundred meters away. Not a huge deal, but an annoyance nevertheless.

Nevertheless, I would recommend the Torbräu very highly as a wonderful hotel in the heart of Munich.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

This was a really delightful hotel. They even provided us with a tea tray in our room. The staff were so accommodating and the room was perfectly appointed and quiet. The location couldn't have been better as it was a business trip for us. We had to get to the Drinktech exhibition and it was easy on the train We ate at the restaurant for dinner twice and it was excellent. Thankyou for the wonderful 5 days - I can heartily recommend the Hotel Torbrau to all our friends.

Room Tip: Our room was at the back of the hotel on the top floor and was very quiet and we could sleep with the window open
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business