“Very good value for money (in winter)”
Review of Hotel Regent

Hotel Regent
Ranked #263 of 383 Hotels in Munich
Athens, Greece
“Very good value for money (in winter)”
Reviewed December 26, 2010

Just returned from an 8 night stay in Regent Hotel in Munich.
When booking this hotel I was afraid because of some bad reviews.
Thanks God, (allmost) everything was ok!

The positives:
- Room:
We got a very very big room (#117). It was so big that allthout we had two babycots in it, there was plenty of space for our children to play (2 years and 1 year old). They didn't charge anything for the second babbycot.
- Location:
Hotel is very close to the central train station and that means that you have all the transport opportunitites just a couple of steps away from you.
- Breakfast:
Good and many choices to start your day with eating something.
- Staff:
Very helpfull staff on everything we asked. Especially, with a probloem we had with our booking. We were overcharged from the site we made the booking and hotel staff tried to resolve the problem. Finally, they couldn't do anything, but they tried (and thanks for that).

The negatives:
- Allthought this is a NON Smoking Hotel (as all Munich Hotels), there is a smell of smoke everywhere. I am sure that all hotel guests were smoking in their rooms. Also, there was an ashtray on the desk in our room. Why does someone need an ashtray in a NON smoking Hotel?
- I am sure that the noise of the central train station will be a big problem on summer. We slept with closed windows (it was snowing in Munich) and i don't wanna know how we could sleep if the weather was hot and we had to sleep with open windows.

Generally,
- This is not 4 star hotel. Maybe sometime it was, but now i think it is a 3 star Hotel.
- We (myself, my wife and our babies) feet lucky to book it. It was a very good value for money and we will stay there again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cardiff
Reviewed November 29, 2010

Spent 2 nights here and enjoyed the stay. The hotel is virtually next door to the station.
Being next to the station in most major cities tend to find the odd adult shop and Munich was no different, but I never felt uncomfortable.
We paid £50 per night through last minute which proved very good value. It is 2 tube stops to the main square, a 15 minute walk or a 10 Euro taxi journey.
The rooms were clean, the only disappointment was a faint smell of smoke in the room.
The room we had (219) was massive. Breakfast was Ok, not bad nothing special.
It waould have had 4/5 if it was not for the smell of smoke but would use it again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
manchester
Reviewed November 14, 2010

part of a group of 13 people all had rooms on 2nd floor, nobody had a complaint.
breakfast choice was good, rooms were clean, staff friendly. I would suggest a 3* rating might be better than 4*. Beds were firm, but in my experience thats typical of german hotels. I would recommend this hotel especially to anybody wishing to be centrally located on a touring or city break. The last review I read suggested they compared it
with a Hostel, Sorry but they must be used to staying in palaces or need to go to specsavers. We paid about £ 90.00 a night for Bed & breakfast for a double room and stayed 5 nights. this may not be the cheapest but it does not justify the bad reviews that I have read. The bar in the hotel was fine but a little expensive. No resturant which was a shame. Hair dryers in room

• Stayed October 2010
kuala lumpur
Reviewed November 10, 2010

This hotel supersedes every negative remark i read about this hotel. I was actually was pleasantly surprise from the moment i walked in. Greeted by really friendly staff who turned out to be really helpful throughout my stay. Location was superb. Not a very short walk to the october fest grounds. Took us about 20 minutes to get there. But it was ok. Breakfast was great. Rooms were very clean and large. Decent looking. Floorboards felt rather cold at the beginning. But all you need is a comfy pair of bedroom slippers which you can from front desk. The best part is it's value for money. While nearly every hotel in Munich increase their price during the october fest, this one gave a really good package. Price depending on the number of nights. In short. I was a happy customer.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Hilden, Germany
Reviewed November 10, 2010

The Regent in Munich was one of the few centrally located choices left due to a trade fair and in the aftermath of Octoberfest. Hence the pricing for the room was pretty steep with EUR 160, especially considering what this hotel offers.
The hotel is located near the main train station in a very convenient location for public transport. There is a supermarket right across the street, but the overall all area is a bit train station like, meaning not the greatest area to walk around in.
The lobby area has a worn and a bit outdated feel to it, the check-in staff was moderately friendly and efficient. The rooms have been rennovated in the recent years and follow a modern, but cheap looking, design. The overall impression of the room was that is was worn and cleanliness was also not very impressive. If you have a room to the main street it is also not possible to have the window open when sleeping.
WiFi is offered, and though I did not have to use it, my neighbour apparently had to sit out in the hallway to have proper reception.
The beds were very good though, but did not justify the price I paid. I am sure if you stay at the regular rates this hotel offers, the value is fine. This is definitely a no frills basic place to stay in Munich, which has a youth hostel feel to it. Generally not what a business traveller is looking for.
The check-out process was also rather lengthy and cumbersome, with the staff being at the bare minimum of friendlyness. I know that my travels will take me to Munich again, and I am sure that I will not choose this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Munich hotels

London
Reviewed October 22, 2010

Stayed here whilst attending a meeting and it was a boring but comfortable room. Wooden floors, clean bathroom and toilet. The single room was corridor like, the bed was comfortable, the bedding was not changed nightly. The rooms overlooked the railway and I wasn't aware of any noise from incoming trains, though at night you can hear a few rowdy people below . The good point was closeness to train station, you do not need a taxi to get to the hotel and its easy to get to and from the airport either by train or bus. Also easy to walk to the sites of Munich. Breakfast was more than adequate - plenty of choice and good quality. There is a computer for free internet access in the lobby. As a previous person has mentioned 2 small lifts which fill up quickly, although I used the stairs to come down in the morning and only used them to go up. (Cant believe people actually waited so long to go up one flight of stairs!!!!!)

Not sure if I would stay here if it wasn't for work as it did cost just under 100 Euros for a single room. Having said that I think this is a typically German type of hotel and there is very little to choose between them. Have no complaints and certainly wouldn't hesitate in recommending it

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Auckland NZ
Reviewed October 9, 2010

Stayed 2 nights at end of Austrian Tirol/Oberammergau tour. Really enjoyed the stay here, very comfortable, roomy and easy to get places as so well situated.Right near the train station which was great as our tour to Dachau concentration camp commenced from there. Good breakfast, helpful staff.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple