“Very convenient - right next to the airport terminals”

Hilton Munich Airport
Ranked #26 of 385 Hotels in Munich
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Kempinski Munich Airport Hotel twice in December, both times because we were taking a flight out of Munich and figured that it will save us much time and trouble if we stay near the airport.

We chose the Kempinski based on the reviews we'd read in Tripadvisor. It was a good decision. The hotel is well located between Terminals 1 and 2. We literally walked out of the airport terminal and straight into the hotel lobby after a 5 minute walk.

The building is built of glass and steel, very modern and light. The room is spacious, we had very comfortable slippers, nice bathroom amenities. The room was surprisingly quiet despite it being in the airport.

The only complaint we had is with the Wifi. We used iPhone and iPad to read our emails and browse the internet. The Wifi service was intermitent - each time the gadget is power off and when you turned it on again you need to re-connect and re-log in. We didn't have this problem with the other hotels in Austria and Croatia we stayed during this trip. As we were not on a business trip, we can take it easy. I will be very frustrated if I'm on business and have trouble getting connection to the internet.

Overall it was a comfortable stay at the Kempinski. Staff are friendly and helpful. We will stay here again if we are flying through Munich.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hilton Munich Airport

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Having stayed at the Kempinski, Munich Airport, 15 years ago, we decided to do so again. Service and staff excellent in every way. Room spacious and comfortable, and very nice bath. We did not opt for the breakfast, so don't know about the food.

They did charge extra for internet: 6 € for 1 hour, and other prices for longer times. I find it extremely irritating that a very nice hotel, like the Kempinski ,which is not cheap, would charge extra for internet. On our travels this trip, which included Czech Republic, Austria, and Germany, this was the ONLY hotel which charged extra for internet!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We stayed at the Kempinski for an overnight stop. The hotel was lovely, service pretty good, rooms are really nice but really overpriced. I was really disappointed to know that there was no wireless in the rooms and there was only really expense internet access. I thought this was a shame and would have really made the stay even better. Unfortunately I didn't get a good nights sleep at this hotel - the pillows were quite bad. You can however BUY better pillows to use in the room, so it's not all that bad I suppose (!)
What I have to definitely give the hotel credit for is the breakfast buffet, it was AMAZING! I've given this review 4/5 just for the breakfast. If it wasn't for the breakfast the hotel would get an average. I've stayed at top hotels before and they have definitely been worth the price, the Kempinski, not so much..

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ZPasha01
KempinskiMUC, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Munich Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for allowing Kempinski Hotel Airport Munich to be your host during your recent visit to Munich and the Munich Airport. Your feedback is much appreciated and is very valuable to us.
We are very disappointed to hear that your visit was not a complete success in regards to the internet service as well as the pillows in the room. Please accept our apologies for the dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay.

Should you wish to further discuss the details of your visit, we invite you to contact us directly with your Tripadvisor name as well as your confirmation number (claudia.soost@kempinski.com). It is our sincere hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations on a future visit.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

I had stayed two nights at Kempinski Munich Airport on one prior occasion, and wanted the convenience of walking out of my hotel room and going to the gate for my departure in just a few minutes with no vehicles involved. While the accommodations are very nice, they are twice as expensive as comparable rooms. I was not willing to spend time online since with internet service charged at €6 per hour, and only one password per room. Staff members were very helpful, almost embarrassingly subservient, and their service was exemplary, but all at a price. With Accor so close now, at less than one-half the price, I think I’ve stayed for the last time at Kempinski.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Rosson45
KempinskiMUC, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Hilton Munich Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the TripAdvisor community.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed not only the great location but although our helpful staff.
The comments regarding our Internet prices are extremely helpful to us, as our team is constantly reviewing our pricing and procedures to best suit our guests.

We hope to see you back at Kempinski Hotel Airport Munich.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

We used this hotel for just an overnight stop before heading in Muncich itself.

Totally impersonal the only thing it had going for it was the convenience of a 5 minute walk into the airport terminal.

The cost of online access was daylight robbery at €18 per day.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We are very disappointed to hear that your visit was not a complete success. Please accept our apologies for the dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

You can't beat the access to the airport. You can walk or they took us by car because we were leaving from another terminal. The spa messed up our reservation. My wife and I were suppose to be scheduled for a massage at the same time. When we got to the spa we were told that they had us scheduled one right after the other. Because we did not want to be waiting around for each other we cancelled my massage and my wife got one. The massage was one of the best she had ever received and was very pleased, just wish we could both have received what we had scheduled. The room was great. The staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I was planning to go to Munich Airport from Zurich to do some planespotting. However, given that it was cold and I was still a bit jet lagged, I decided to find a hotel to stay. Having stayed at the Kempinski Munchen Airport before, I figured "why not."

All I had with me were the clothes on my back, my camera and cell phone. I hadn't planned on staying overnight so I was a bit unprepared. I checked in around 11:30 or 12 noon. They provided me a rate of 155 Euros with breakfast, which was not too bad for literally last minute. They gave me a standard room, which was more than adequate.

Although a five star hotel, the room was a bit on the bland side. It was relatively large and somewhat sparsely furnished. I believe it needs to be updated to the 21st century. Given that I was too lazy to explore Terminal 1 and 2 for food, I used the minibar. 3,80 Euros for a Coke. Yeah, that's a bit too much, but what the heck. I ended up having four drinks total.

I had my sweater washed at the rate of 8,00 Euros. It took about half a day to get back, but given that I gave it to them at 1 in the afternoon, it was not too bad.

I ordered room service. It was more than fine for me. Breakfast the next morning in the Charles Lindberg restaurant across the courtyard was just fine. Great service and good food. Just remember to not take the newspaper out of the restaurant.

My only negative review would be that of the parking. 28,00 Euros for one day is a bit pricey, but not the most I have spent for parking. That was at the Marriott hotel in Frankfurt. I paid roughly $54.00 for one night.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Munich
Novotel Muenchen Airport
#1 of 4 in Schwaig
MOXY Munich Airport
MOXY Munich Airport
#2 of 4 in Schwaig

Been to Hilton Munich Airport? Share your experiences!