“just first class”

Hilton Munich Airport
Ranked #23 of 387 Hotels in Munich
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 25, 2012

this hotel at the munich airport is ideal when you are arriving or departing by plane.
it is very elegant in a modern style. if you do not visit the restaurants and the bar in the hotel,
you have a lot of choices in the airport.
the rooms are spacy and elegant, the staff is excellent trained and friendly.
and the rates are affordable.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
murphey11, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Munich Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing such a nice comment on Tripadvisor.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your last stay with us.
It will be our pleasure to welcoming you back soon at Kempinski Hotel Airport Munich.

Yours sincerely,

Claudia Soost
Assistant Guest Relations Manager | Web Coordinator
Kempinski Hotel Airport Munich

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed in Munich on a Business trip. I was on my way to Prague for a home exchange. Checked into the Kempinski expecting a standard room as I had booked. Much to my surprise I received a Penthouse Suite. It seems that I have the same name (unusual) as a top German entrepreneur and the mistook me for him. So all I can say is it was a wonderful experience. Unfortunately the next time I came through I had to travel as myself.

Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank nole38
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The Munich Airport Kempinsky hotel's location is ideal as it is the only hotel located directly at the airport. I booked it for a night and was checked into a nice room. The check in was efficient and friendly and the room was well appointed and comfortable.
After settling in I realized that the Wifi would not work and after a call to the concierge a bellman showed up and tried to reset the router to no avail. "Sorry nothing I can do, but you can use the wired service " he said.....
Once a tried to connect the wire I realized that the the clip that is supposed to be holding the wire in place was ripped off and the connection wire would not stay in place - I decided to rig it up with a tie- wrap and it more or less worked .

The same evening I was informed of the cancellation of my next morning flight to London and the next morning I contacted the desk to request an extension for one more night and to possibly fix the wifi or bring another wire - the agent at the desk said no problem that while I was at breakfast she would have it all fixed.
The breakfast was delicious but on return to the room I noticed nothing was fixed but I received an amenity with an apology...... no more no less.... a long explanation by the concierge as to why WIFI does not work and zero on the broken wire.

Nice place to stay if you do not need to stay wired or work or unless you are a handyman and are able to chewing-gum a connection together...

Room Tip: make sure you can get connected without major problems.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2012

It is within 5 min walk from where you claim your baggages. The rooms are clean and tidy. It is 40 min from city centre. We stayed here during oktoberfest as the hotels at downtown were either full or extremely expensive.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We looked at the options for staying at/near the Munich airport as we had a long layover. We are glad we followed Tripadvisor recommendations and stayed here. We skipped including breakfast, the airport has plenyt of options that are better.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I loved the location of the Kempinski, as my husband and I were returning to the US on a morning flight. The hotel is steps from the terminal (no need for either a taxi or a shuttle) with many eating choices outside it. The evening before, a German band was playing in a beer garden located between the terminal and the hotel, celebrating Octoberfest--what a great way to say goodbye to a lovely city!
The hotel was a little pricey, as noted by many other reviewers, but we were able to find a decent deal online. But honestly, Munich is one of the more expensive towns in Germany, and to us, the convenience of walking to the terminal and not worrying about shuttle schedules outweighed the cost factor. The standard room was very large and beautifully decorated with a well-appointed bathroom. The soundproofing was excellent; not a peep to be heard from either jets or oompa-pa band :). The fact that our pet was also welcome was a huge bonus.
The hotel staff were uniformly excellent in dealing with my stupidly forgetting my jewelry in the room safe. After multiple international calls and discussions with the management, front desk and housekeeping staff, we were able to come up with a way ahead. My sincere thanks to the Kempinski team!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mary1744360
murphey11, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Munich Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your positive experience here on TripAdvisor.
It is a pleasure to read that you have had such a satisfying stay with us.
We hope you will be coming back soon and it will be our pleasure to welcome you again at Kempinski Hotel Airport Munich.

Yours sincerely,

Claudia Soost
Assistant Guest Relations Manager | Web Coordinator
Kempinski Hotel Airport Munich

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Great location if you're flying out of Munich Airport the next morning, very convenient to Terminals 1 and 2. Too-small comforter/blanket on a King-sized bed. Expensive internet, expected of any high-class hotel nowadays. If breakfast isn't included in your room cost, go down to the center of the terminal and you'll find a well-stocked grocery story to pick up a cheap breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple