“Great Location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Exquisit Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Exquisit Hotel
Ranked #129 of 381 Hotels in Munich
NH
“Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2009

We spent 6 nights at the Exquisit and were very pleased. It is a very clean modern styled hotel in a perfect location. 1/2 block away is a subway station and just past that is the entrance to the old town section and shopping district. It was so convenient to central Munich we did not use the trains all week. The hotel had a great breakfast that was included. The room was very large by Eurpoean standards. We rented a car and it had an underground parking garage which was nice but expensive at 16 e per night. The staff speaks excellent English and were very helpful.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank donald1039

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for four nights over Christmas. We loved it! The location is great, within walking distance of numerous public transport options, or you can walk to most of the sites (that's what we did). We had a car and they have a garage which was very convenient. A few days the street parking was abundant so we parked our car there and had no problems. The breakfast buffet each morning was excellent and plentiful. Christmas morning it was even more elaborate, and they even offered us champagne. I was very impressed with how friendly and helpful all the staff was. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and hope to come back again someday.

Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Guttenberg, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Exquisit Hotel in October of 2008, so this review is a slightly belated. We enjoyed our stay at this hotel, and would recommend it to other travelers. I selected this hotel based on the reviews by other tripadvisor reviewers, so here's a thank you to all of you who posted a review.
Background: We arrived from Newark, NJ, and landed at around 9 in the morning, jetlagged and red-eyed. (Our plan was to stay at the Exquisit for 2 nights, head to Austria, and then stay here again the night before our flight back to to the US.) We took a taxi from the Hauptbahnhof, and arrived at the hotel after a brief 3-4 minute ride. To my pleasant surprise, the hotel room was ready, and the helpful frontdesk staff let us go up to the room right away.

Let's get right to it. I'll start with the few Cons first:
Cons: There are one or two cafes close to the Hotel, not a con in itself, but the people who went to the cafes were, shall we say, a bit inconsiderate, and they were very noisy late at night, laughing and talking on top of their voices (1am) right in front of the hotel. I'm used to street noise since I lived in NYC for a long time, but that was very annoying, since I was trying to get over jetleg and needed sleep desperately. Although in all fairness, this was not the hotel's fault in any way. The decor of this hotel is simple and basic. While this is not a con in my books, if you are looking for a hotel with luxurious fabrics with all the bells and whistles, this is not it for you.

Pros: The frontdesk staff were friendly and helpful, extremely fluent in English (sorry, I don't speak German!). I absolutely loved the breakfast buffet at this hotel - the dining room was spacious, and nicely decorated with wicker chairs; there was a great variety of sausages, breads, fruits, juices, eggs made to order, and the coffee greatly exceeded my expectations. Honestly, I'd go back to this hotel just for the breakfast! The night before our flight back to the US, we were upgraded to the maisonette, which is a larger room with a pull-out sofabed, and a sleeping loft, which I find to be very cute. I admit that I'm a clean freak and I would not ever recommend a hotel that has any kind of mold in the bathroom, or if I find hair anywhere. But the rooms were spotlessly clean and I was impressed by this. Location-wise, this hotel is pretty convenient. The U-bahn Sendlinger Tor station is right around the corner. Although we only took the U-bahn once, the first day that we were there. We walked everywhere after that, since Munich is such a walkable city, and the hotel is in a nice, safe neighborhood. The walk to the Marienplatz was pleasant, through lovely streets lined with beautiful churches, restaurants and stores.

All in all, we enjoyed our stay at the Exquisit, and would return again the next time we visit Munich.

• Liked — Good location, Very clean, helpful staff
  • Disliked — can't think of any complaints
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Athens
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2009

I stayed at the Hotel Exquisit for 3 days with my wife as the first part of a trip that afterwards included Kitzbuhel in Austria (by the way, great combination).

The hotel is a 4* hotel with a simple decor. The room and bath was quite spacious. Breakfast was great (very important for me) . The reception staff was very helpful with reservations at restaurants.

The location is great!. 50 meters from a metro station but most importantly, right across from where the OLD TOWN starts (Sendlinger Tor). We walked from the hotel to every major sight that we wanted to visit.

I would definitely stay there again, if I revisit Munich.

• Liked — breakfast and location
  • Disliked — n.a.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Mallorca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2009

Stayed here for 7 nights over new year period-- second leg of 14 day trip having spent previous week in Austria.

My wife and i were joined by my son and his girlfriend and my in laws. All six of us could not have been more satisfied with the choice of Hotel....Superbly situated only a 10 minute walk to the Marienplatz and 200 meters to the nearest underground, U barn which offered fantastic connections to the rest of Munich and beyond if needed.

The hotel was very quite, immaculately clean and all of the staff were without exception very professional, friendly and courteous.

Breakfast was served 6.30- 11.00am and was very good. Buffet style with lots of fresh things to choose from. The waiter who serves coffee will take your order for any type of eggs that you want cooking. Smoked salmon was on offer every morning.

The hotel has a sauna for guests use which is immaculately clean and is open on your request.

The hotel has a comfortable lounge area adjacent to the reception and getting a drink at the bar was never a problem at all hours..

There is a fantastic Italian restaurant next door to the hotel which serves brilliant Pasta & Pizza along with other things. Across the road is Cafe Bar Mozart, again recommendable for good food and drinks.

This was our second time to Munich...we will come again...we were disappointed that we couldnt get into the previous hotel that we had stayed in "Hotel Torbrau", i had left it late making the booking! Alas our disappointment was short lived because this hotel was equally as good.

All the people in our party from my son,23years old through to my in ln laws at 66 years of age would all HIGHLY reccommend this hotel as a great place to stay in Munich.

• Liked — Relaxed atmosphere, away from the hustle and bustle, yet only 10 min walk to the centre
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2009

We loved the location. About 1/4 block from a "U" subway and tram. The subway is 1 stop away from the train station and 1 stop away from downtown (which has a vibrant Christmas market). We were able to take the subway all the way to (and from) the Airport (with one train change to the "S8" subway). The subway/bus/tram system offers a group ticket (up to 5 people) for all day access for 9 euros (and multiple day passes as well), which is a great deal and so convenient, just buy the ticket and jump on/off the subway\tram\bus as needed.

You are also about 1/4 of a block away from a major shopping street, and about 4 1/2 blocks away from a self service laundry facility.

As many have mentioned the breakfast is excellent, with a very wide variety of cold dishes, 4-5 hot dishes (sausages, potatoes, ham, scrambled eggs), and excellent bread/pastries. The waiters will also ask you if you wish to get your own custom order of eggs. We ordered poached, scrambled with ham, soft boiled, over the days we were there and they were all excellent. A minor note to us crazy Americans who like cold milk. The cereal station has a dispenser of cold milk.

Wireless internet access is available in the rooms. If I recall correctly it was 1 day for 8 euros or 30 days for 29 euros (and no choices in between). There is a PC in the lobby available at no cost, which among other things, can be used to check in to your flight and print boarding passes.

The towel heater in the bathroom was very pleasant, and its location mounted high above the back of the tub/shower meant that you could rinse out an article of clothing at night and it would be perfectly dry the next morning, with any drips just going into the tub.

We originally booked the room through hotels.com at $166 euros per night six months prior to the trip. We later found it less expensively through hrs.com, and about 1 month before our travels we noticed that the hotel was now quoting a price of $110 euros/night. The management agreed to rebook us at the lower price with no drama. Throughout the whole email process and while we were in the hotel we found the communications to be professional and fluent in English.

Munich is a great place to visit during Christmas. Although the Christmas market does shut down at 2pm on Christmas eve, and many other places close on Christmas day, and to a lesser extent Dec. 26, there are still a number of restaurants open on Christmas day, and some attractions open on Dec. 26 (for example some of the museums) and transportation is still running. (Contrast this with London where much fewer restaurants/facilities/even transportation is open/running on Christmas day or Boxer day.) On Christmas day (and I believe Dec. 26) the hotel's free breakfast is available until 2 PM which reduces any concerns about food on Christmas day.

Minor problems:

Bed's are relatively firm. 1 out of 4 in our family found them too firm.

With all heat turned off the room was still very warm. We had to open the windows but the morning noise on the street was fairly loud. (But with the windows closed there is very little noise from the street.)

No air conditioning, which might be of concern to some who visit in the height of summer temperature.

• Liked — Location and breakfast
  • Disliked — room temperature
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2009

I was looking for a hotel at the last minute during Christmas Week, and was a bit skeptical when they came in with a 110 Euros per night offer. But, I did my research and put my faith in TripAdvisor reviews and WOW! -- I was not let down.

The hotel is superbly located. It is less than a ten minute walk to Marienplatz. It's so convenient, but not close enough that you feel suffocated by all of the other tourists. There are restaurants, grocery stores and other shopping close by. It's very conveniently located next to two tram stops and four subway lines. It's one stop away from the train station.

The staff was helpful. The lobby area was comfortable. The restaurant's breakfast was superb! The rooms were clean and comfortable. The bathrooms were a little dated, but they were very acceptable -- and they were very clean, as well.

I enjoyed coming home to this hotel at the end of a chaotic and busy day. It was quiet and relaxing. I enjoyed their excellent, and very clean, sauna. You should, too.

Most importantly, I'd stay here again!

• Liked — Value and cleanliness.
  • Disliked — Slightly dated bathroom.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple