“Excellent hotel - good value”
Review of Exquisit Hotel

Exquisit Hotel
Ranked #141 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My daughter (age 20 ) and I (age 55) stayed here Dec. 23, 24, and 25. I selected the hotel solely on the trip advisor reviews, location to the train station and subway, and I wanted a nice hotel as we were there over Christmas. We were able to easily walk the few blocks from the train station pulling a rolling suitcase and the subway station is literally steps away. We like to walk and were able to easily walk to the downtown area with the Christmas markets. We were not prepared for how shut down the city of Munich is for Christmas...everything...shops, restaurants, markets closed at 2 pm on the 24th and all of the big tourist attractions were completely closed all three days. I was very grateful that the hotel restaurant served a la carte food in the dining area on Christmas eve. Alexander waited on us and managed the bar that night. Good selection of choices on the menu, food was outstanding and arrived quickly. Alexander made us custom cocktails after dinner at the bar....best cocktails I have ever had! Dinner and drinks were not cheap...but price was what you would expect at a nice hotel in a big city during the holidays. Alexander went out of his way to make sure we had a memorable and special Christmas eve. Breakfast was very good with a large variety of items...even had large soft pretzels in the bread basket! The elevator was broken during our stay...but they put us on the first floor and carried our large heavy suitcase up and down when we arrived and when we left. Christina at the front desk was very very helpful with advice and directions... I was even able to buy my subway pass at the front desk which was ideal. Our room was on the front of the hotel...there was occasional noise from the people leaving the hotel bar across the street and walking to the subway in early am hours. This noise would probably be much worse in summer...so if you are a light sleeper ask for a room on the back. Nice touch..free bottle of mineral water when we arrived and a plate of cookies on Christmas morning. There were two small nice outdoor inner courtyards with tables and umbrellas...would be ideal in summer to sit there. I was very very glad I was not any closer to the train station...this hotel is far enough away from the main streets and shops. It is a little seedy near the train station and would have been much noisier. This hotel is on a quieter street as far as the city goes. Bathroom had a double sink and great shower. It was a little frustrating that there were only two English channels...both were news stations...no movies, etc. This was more of an issue for us as it was winter and a lot of things were closed so we were in hotel more than we would normally be...but not a huge problem. I feel like I got a great value and I will always remember the personal, attentive staff from the cook to the bartender to the front desk who all strived to make our visit the best it could be.

Room Tip: Front rooms will be noisier with street noise and from hotel bar across the street. Corner room was...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Exquisit Hotel

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I stayed in this hotel with my family including 2 young children (aged 3 and 6) for 5 nights over New Year.

I have to clarify that I am on the more particular side when it comes to hotels, and am normally accustomed to staying in accommodation that really enhances our holidays through modern rooms and facilities, exceptional personalised service and fine attention to detail. From this perspective, Exquisit Hotel is quite ordinary, and that is why I have given it a 3 star rating.

I decided to book this hotel because they were one of the few available that were able accommodate 2 kids in the one room, and the location is very convenient. It is on a very secluded street, but just a 10 minute walk to the central train station in one direction, and 10 minutes down Sendlinger Tor (a great street to window shop and stroll down) to Marienplatz.

The rooms are quite dated, although they are clean enough (if you don't happen to have to look under the edge of the sofa for a fallen piece of kid's playmobil!). Reception is helpful with directions. The breakfast menu has a reasonably good range. The staff there were accommodating when we requested raw carrot sticks for the kids on a couple of occasions.

Linen is quite basic, so are the toiletries. It would be best to bring your own - the liquid soap was very drying and my hands were dried out from it.

Internet was an exercise in frustration. You have to enter a code and password every time you login, and even then it was very slow.

We did receive a 20% discount because the lift was not working our entire stay. Despite this, it was still our most expensive stay of our trip (which also included Christmas), and the most basic accommodation. In fairness, I understand that Munich is one of the most expensive places to stay in.

Overall, I do think the location was very convenient. If you do not have the expectation of having a little luxury away during your stay then I think it would be acceptable accommodation.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank jess07Australia
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We spent 4 nights in the Exquisit Hotel in late November to catch the Christmas Markets. Clean, central, spacious rooms, lovely breakfast and very,very helpful staff. We were advised to get a room at the back - less noisy but the pubs nearby did not spill out onto the street because of the cold so it didn't matter. The cheapest way to get from the airport is to get a 5 person day ticket . It is cheaper than two singles. It goes to the Hauptbahnhof and then take the U bahn for one stop (no extra cost) to Sendlinger-Tor-Platz with its own Christkindlmarkt. Just off the Platz, through a funny building with a road through it between two Pharmacies(yes two). Called Apotheke in German, is the Hotel. We arrived after 22.00 hrs but found an Italian pleasant restaurant next door. It was a 7 min walk along a pedestrianised street to the main square - the Marian Platz . Very convenient to everything and U bahn and trams from the nearby square. We will go again.

Room Tip: Rooms probably best at the top and back.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed at the Exquisit at the end of November early December for our visit to the Christmas markets. The location of the hotel to the main centre of Munich is excellent, straight off the underground and right next to the hotel.The hotel staff were polite and most helpful, our room was more than adequate, very comfortable with a bathroom that contained an amazing shower. We stayed B&B and the breakfast was very good - a varied choice of food available with fruit juice, tea coffee etc. We sampled three of the bierkeller's for eating out and found all of them, friendly with a great atmosphere - we both like to eat traditional food, no matter where we visit and Munich food was everything we love - fresh, wholesome food with amazingly fresh beer!!
Catching a train from the airport was easy (20Euro for unlimited day travel on all public transport) and then onto the underground to the hotel - a very good travel system! However, you can walk to most places as the hotel location affords you this opportuinity, the Christmas markets were very good and really got you into the festive spirit, we also visited the Allianz arena on the Sunday which was well worth doing - whilst there we did the Bayern Munich tour a must for all footie fans!!
All in all we had a great time in Munich and will definately visit again and if we do we will stay at the Exquisit again.

Room Tip: Cant really comment about other rooms, ours was perfect - but location of hotel is excellent.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I would be happy to recommend this hotel to anyone. It is very comfortable. The rooms are a good size. The breakfast is very good. The staff are very helpful. The location is excellent. We were able to walk to all the places we wanted to see. I really can't think of anything that we were unhappy with. If we went back to Munich I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: If possible I would prefer a room on the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Hotel was reasonably priced, clean, with a good breakfast and great service. The location is excellent, 30 second walk to the underground, or 10 min walk to the Marienplatz. It is really easy to catch a train from the airport to the hotel, we got a group ticket that entitles 5 people unlimited travel for 3 days, cost about 30 euros for the ticket. 1 trip from the airport via taxi would have cost 50 euros, so the group ticket is well worth it. The Christmas markets are excellent, I suggest you ride the underground to the edges of the city to find some of the best markets ie Schwabing, which is virtually all hand made crafts. We loved our trip & will be back to both Munich & this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Exquisit Hotel 29th Nov-1st December. The rooms and breakfast were ideal. The hotel is in a central location and within walking distance to visit the Christmas markets, shops and attractions. Munich is a must to visit. The beer kellers have a good atmosphere and the markets are really good for wandering around. The underground is easy to use and the train from the airport takes about 45 mins.
We had a great time and will be returning to the hotel and Munich.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple