“Great location but with some minor issues”
Review of Ibis Muenchen City

Ibis Muenchen City
Ranked #92 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Great location only 5 mins from central station. Munich is a very safe city but a few casinos and strip bars nearby. Great location for a base for city. However twin room was VERY small with little room for storage and there was not a room in the safe. Bathroom again very small and as previous reviews have mentioned the bathroom window is clear..

Staff very friendly and bar prices were very favourable Beds comfortable I would stay here again but only as a base - the room is not big enough to spend much time in

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Ibis Muenchen City

Reviewed March 12, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Probably people have many different reasons to go to an Ibis, I have my own too, and I am never disappointed. If I go to a city where there are Ibis hotels i do not look for anything else, because i know this is the place where budget pricing is coupled with modern, clean rooms in great conditions, usually great locations, and simple and excellent service. So of course I found this in Ibis Munchen City, and a lot more. It has a superb location just a few minutes from the central railways station, therefore within easy reach of public transport, a great variety of international food options, and always some life, yet it is a perfectly safe place. The hotel itself is in excellent condition, featuring the well known and to me very attractive minimalist Ibis furniture, the usual modern indoor outlook. Also, I love the green basin in the bathroom and the wood (ok fake wood) flooring in the room, which always appears cleaner to me than the carpet in many hotels. Ibis advertises its bed and sheets a lot and they are right to do so.....the most comfortable bed and sheets I ever found in a hotel, and if you check my reviews, I shows up in 4-5 stars hotels quite a lot. Many complain about room size, it may be a bit on the small side, but it would be perfectly comfortable for 2 people. Also I halfways understand that some people were stunned by the small bathroom window overlooking the opposite building, but I also have to say, some common sense with minimal knowledge of physics and mathematics could have everyone convinced nobody is able to see inside the bathroom. And to top it all, quick, friendly and overall excellent hotel service. To sum it up, another great Ibis experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

This Ibis is really well located. It's very near the central train station... Just 3 blocks from there!!
Easy walk to city centre!!
The room mas really clean and confortable... Kindly staffs!!
The breakfast was perfect, with a lot of options...
I definitly recommend this hotel! :)

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Michelle V
Reviewed February 12, 2014

great location: abt 5 mins walk from hbf(hauptbahnhof), which means you could transport conveniently around. even by walk is not far.. usually 10 to 20 mins by walk you could reach most of the famous in town attractions.
friendly reception: i booked in advance, but due to the fact that the road to airport were flooded, we couldn't make our way to airport on 7th as we planned, we missed our flight, and called the hotel, of course can't get any reservation cancelled or any money back, but on arrival, the receptionist offered us the welcome drink coupon, and they actually kept our room, we checked in when we arrived in the morning, not after 3pm as the hotel rules indicated.. and the receptionist said we will also be gifted a free breakfast(cos i didn't purchase breakfast, Or, maybe we did misunderstand her)..
staff in the breakfast can't really speak english: upon arrival, the receptionist said that we could go for a free breakfast. we went for breakfast, the lady there understood that our room were not breakfast included, and immediately ask me to sign a bill to add the charge upon room, we feel ok to pay for the breakfast, the only thing made me not comfortable is: she doesn't really speak english, as i tried to explain her in German, she didn't give me any time and chance to talk and she was speaking with high volume and insisting me to sign it, and that was kind of impolite, you know, in a quiet breakfast with light music as background, everybody started to looking at us, i kind of feel really awkward... we told her, no problem for the bill and i signed immediately.. but what should i say? a wonderful day started with such a bad experience.. all good mood got destroyed. and honestly speaking, the breakfast itself was not bad, 10 euro is not expensive at all. I just don't understand, in the middle of such an international city, why the hotel hire someone don't even speak an international language? or at least, the hotel should provide the staff the basic working language training.. hmmm, most importantly, is the way she speaks to you, will a smile and elegant way of talking kill you? no idea, maybe she's having a bad day, but obviously she passed her bad day to us as well, hmmm, this is the only complain from the services we received.
the room facility, i would say, it's alright. it's my first time stay in a ibis hotel. the bed was comfortable, of course as i heard, ibis rooms are small, but that doesn't matter.. if i could suggest to the management, there are 3 things needs to improve: we stayed in room 436, no curtain for the bathroom window, just in hope that nobody see us when we are showering(finger crossed); the heating is a bit noisy, but that doesn't bother too much, we switch it off before sleep; as a lady, i would like to have the mirror light in the room(except toilet), so that when my husband is occupying the toilet, i could make up in the room.. the other things are just fine to me..

Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed February 8, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank John D
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and was not impressed.

Cons:
1) Check-in took almost 40 minutes.
2) Wi-Fi was slow
3) Area is slightly shady
4) Room and bathroom was extremely small. It was sufficient only for a single person. It was not meant to be a double room
5) Bathroom had an uncovered window and had no privacy what so ever

Pros:
1) Very close to HauptBahnOf and Marienplatz

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
CKoentopp, Manager at Ibis Muenchen City, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear Ibis Guest RAK from Bangalore,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a feedback concerning your stay at our hotel. Please be assured that we feel very sorry about the inconveniences you encountered. Our ambition is to offer our guests the best possible service; therefore, your opinion is very important for us.

I am terrible sorry that your check in took that long, I can assure you that is the first time ever that has never occurred before. An average warm welcome including check in takes 5 – 10 minutes.

You complained about the size of your room and the bathroom. In our Ibis Hotel Munich City the rooms have a size of 14.50sqm up to16.00 sqm, the corresponding bathrooms have 3.00 up to 3.50 sqm. If you have expected larger rooms, of course you are disappointed. We have the aim to offer adequate good quality at affordable prices at downtown Munich. Among other things, the room size allows us to do this.

I am terribly sorry that there has occurred a misunderstanding about the information concerning our wifi offer. Indeed we offer free wifi in our rooms, but high speed wifi to download files etc. is paying.
Or you choose our business package which includes our breakfast buffet and free high speed Wifi.

Please rest assured that even though the bathroom windows have no curtain, nobody is able to look inside due to the fact that the windows are very small. I tested it myself by visiting some of our neighbours.

Christian Koentopp