“Good location”

Ranked #41 of 382 Hotels in Munich
Riyadh
“Good location”
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

I liked the location of the hotel, since its very near to train central station also its an ideal place to start discovering the city.
The Hotel is very old, most of rooms are average. This hotel ideal just for sleep, there is no unique facilities, no swimming pool. Bathrooms are very small and no unique stuff you can find it in the room such as: past, shaving tool, room slippers, water heater to make tea or coffee .. etc. Some of reception staff are not welcoming at all and some of them are very kind and helpful like Simon! She is very respected. All service in this hotel is a paid service even TV!
You will notice in this hotel that a lot of noisy around you specially from the street! So u have to close windows very well.
The lobby is disaster ;) its not comfortable at all. As I said in the beginning, this 4 star hotel is ideal as a location!

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2013

On a four day stay in Munich we decided to stay at the Eden Wolff, mainly because of the location. This hotel is located across the street from the main train station in Munich. It is also close to several cafés and restaurants, its a 5-10 min walk to the main shops and malls.
The hotel is well maintained and there is not much noise from the street. The standard rooms are a bit basic. For example there is not a kettle, iron and not even an enclosed wardrobe.This is not ideal if you are staying for more than a couple of nights. The rooms do have A/C, mini bar and are kept clean. There is some construction located near the hotel and although I did not hear much noise we did not have any hot water for several hours one day. The hotel does have a onsite bar, restaurant and spa. I would not recommend paying €18 for breakfast as there are plenty cafes nearby.
Overall a good hotel, but needs more facilities in room.

Room Tip: If staying in this hotel for more than a couple of nights upgrade from a standard room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank SRWH
Carola B, Public Relations Manager at Eden Hotel Wolff, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for your valuation of our hotel and for the review you wrote. Further to you comment concerning the room size and equipment we like explain that we offer two double room categories (standard and superior) that differ mostly in their size. The supplement from standard to superior category is appx. 20.- €. The equipment of the rooms is the same, the bigger rooms have a larger seating corner compared to the standard rooms. The wardrobe you mentioned should be available in both categories. The only thing is that we have one room design that is quite pure and where this element was left out. We agree with you that in case of a longer stay you like to unpack your suitcases and therefore need a wardrobe. In this case it would have been no problem to ask for another room where you have this facilities.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was so glad that I chose this hotel for my short stay in Munich. It is literally just across the street from the Main train station which for me was so great as I was dragging two big bags with me. It has old world charm and is a very short walk to all the key tourist sites. The sightseeing bus stop is just a block away and lots of great restaurants and coffee shops nearby. Also there are a lot of great take out food places in the Munich Train Station open late.

When I first arrived, I went to my room and it smelled like someone had been smoking in it. I mentioned it to the friendly front desk staff and they immediately had housekeeping go to the room, but unfortunately all she could do was spray the room with an air deodorizer but I'm allergic to perfumes so it actually made it worse. I didn't want to make a fuss but I wanted to enjoy my stay so I mentioned it to the front desk again and they immediately moved me to another room and took care of moving my bags so I could get on with sightseeing.

The second room was even better. Really quiet, a nice size, big flat screen TV, marble bathroom with a really comfortable bathtub that I enjoyed that night. It was quiet and my bed was very comfortable so I had a good sleep. Not the most up to date décor but very clean and comfortable with all the modern conveniences and old world charm.

Great front desk staff who helped me at every turn. I would definitely stay here again. Thank you!

Room Tip: My room was 114. I would ask for a room at the side of the hotel or maybe at the back - no view but...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank loulou6244
We thank you for the positive marks you gave us, your stay in our hotel and for the detailed description of your avtivities in Munich. You seemed to have a great time!
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Our 4 day stay was very good. The best is how central this hotel is to the central station, trams and underground.

The rooms is very comfortable and good size and clean neat. The layout is perfect for 2 persons.

Perfect stay for exploring Munich.

Room Tip: Ask for room on central station side
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to valuate our hotel and for the positive comment you wrote.
Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I was in Munich for business and needed something that was conveniently located. The hotel is a stone throw from the main station. The staff was very helpful in answering any questions and helping me arrange day trips. The trains, U and S bahn are within a 5 minute walk the shopping street is about a 20-30 min walk. The English garden is about 2km. I had a room facing the street and when the windows are closed you would not be able to tell. The room is a comfortable size and has a refrigerator.

Breakfast was included in my rate and it was a first class breakfast, providing a wide variety. The hotels provides newspapers from various countries, so you have something to read at breakfast.

In conclusion I would say a great hotel for a great value (August 2013 $130).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
We are very glad to read that you had a good time in Munich in general and especially in our hotel.
We thank you for valuating us so positive and hope that you may have the chance to visit us again.
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I stayed a couple of nights in this hotel for holiday after my business trip at Attendorn town.
the room is nice and buffet breakfast is good.
It is very close to the the Munich main station (Munich Hauptbahnhof),all other public transport and the tour operators so it is our the best hub for Munich trip.
The city sightseeing buses are parked in front of Karstadt Munich department store opposite the Munich Hauptbahnhof.
I buy 2 tickets of one day tour on the city sightseeing bus for Bavaria Neuschwanstein Castle Tours and Munich Hop-On Hop-Off Tour Grand Circle.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Zugus
Thanks a lot for taking the time to valuate our hotel and to write a comment about your stay in Munich. We understand that you had a good time and enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate that very much and hope that we may welcome you again soon.
Nuremberg, Germany
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed one night in this hotel in 2011 August. The best thing was the location, very close to the the Munich main station & all other public transport can be accessed very easily. Also most of the tour operators are located very close to the hotel.

The staff was very corporative. The breakfast buffet was satisfactory.

We got a standard double room & the this was fairly small.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to valuate our hotel and your stay in Munich. We were happy to read that you had a good time. Concerning the room size we just want to explain that we offer two different double room categories: standard and superior. The standard rooms have a size of 22-24 sqm, the superior rooms 24-31 sqm as they may accomodate as well three persons. The room size is as well a tribute to the old structure of the hotel. Generally there is a supplement of appx. 20.- € to change from standard to superior category. We hope that we may have the chance to welcome you again and thank you for your reputation.