“Ok”

Ranked #41 of 383 Hotels in Munich
Munich
“Ok”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Thema hotel is vis-á-vis the railwaystation, but you have no noise pollution. The hotel have a own garage. 10 min to "Stachus" and 15 min to the biggest "Biergarten" I ever saw.
Bad in 5th floor, the hotelstaff

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Helmut K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Regina
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I recently stayed three nights at the Eden Hotel Wolff. It is a well maintained, clean hotel in a very good location. It has easy access to the train station and is about a ten minute walk from the Marienplatz and market area. The room was very basic and small but clean and comfortable. Our room faced onto a small courtyard area and was very quiet. The housekeeping services were good. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a good basic place to stay in a good location. The price was very fair.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank MRoCi
Carola B, Manager at Eden Hotel Wolff, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you very much for your great valuation. We are very glad to read that you had a great time in Munich and at the Eden Hotel Wolff. We are looking forward to welcome you soon again!
New Jersey
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I really loved this hotel. I was by myself on a weekend when I was away on business. I drove down to Munich and stayed at this great, centrally located hotel. The staff was very nice and the hotel was really well maintained. I decided since it was just me, I would stay in a single. This room was tiny. single bed, small fridge, small desk. But I loved it!! It was plenty of room just for me.

The location was great. 2 blocks from the City Centre. I got to eat and drink and then walk back to the hotel. I always try to stay close to the train station (Hbf) because I know it is going to be centrally located and there will be small stores (eateries) open late there (just in case).

Only 1 down side, something went wrong with the internet and I ended up getting charged for two days. I tried to negotiate it but they wouldn't budge. They played the "I am not understanding you" card.

1 Thank NJeMktingGuy
Carola B, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Eden Hotel Wolff, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
We appreciate your good notes for our hotel and are very glad that you spent a good time at Munich and in our hotel. Thanks for your recommandation and maybe till next time in Munich.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Room was clean, staff friendly but the room looked nothing like the images portrayed on the various websites. Maybe if you prepay on a booking website you get the tired 70s style poky room. Great location but if you need to upgrade to get a room which vaguely resembles the pictures I think this should b a lot clearer. Avoid 536.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 757jhop
Thank you for your valuation and your comment concerning your stay in our hotel. We regret that the room you stayed in did not meet your expectations. Actually it is a standard double room as you booked it but we have of course different styles of rooms. In the internet we may only show examples of our rooms as we have a lot of different stylings. We understand your disappointment as the room you stayed is not one of the recently renovated ones but it is actually not older than four or five years. This is normally the cycle in which we renovate the rooms. We are not making any differences between guests who book directly with us or via an exterior booking website. Of course, it depends which room category you book but we have the choice of differently styled in each category. We hope that we may have the opportunity to convince you of our services and the great choice of rooms we offer during a further stay!
Miami, FL
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Although it probably shouldn't have been such a surprise, considering the reviews, because of the location I still expected something a little less. Granted, even though I happily give this hotel a five, it isn't a five star hotel in terms of luxury typically associated with a five star hotel. It is instead a very nice, clean hotel that has everything I needed for a short stay in Munich. The reviews are accurate on this one, in my opinion. The location was perfect for a one night stay, but I would have been very happy there for another couple of nights. I had a single room that was beautiful! It was clean, spacious, and very comfortable. The bathroom was surprisingly large and beautiful. The staff were helpful and courteous. It is about a 15 - 20 minute walk to the center of town and it is directly across from the train station. Two of us stayed on the other side of it about 4 years ago and this is MUCH better. I highly recommend this hotel.

1 Thank Leisure G
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Located just across from Munichs main train station, about 10 minute walk to the main town centre. Rooms were of good size, clean, and available for an early check in (we arrived early morning from an overnight train from Berlin). Internet is €10 per device per day, which becomes quite expensive if you're staying there for a while / have a tablet and phone and want both connected etc.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Bridel, Luxembourg
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights. The room was a bit small, but clean and comfy. Bathroom was spacious enough. Staff were all friendly, great breakfast, too. Only bad point: the room had only curtains on the windows. Unfortunately, it got pretty bright early in the morning and it was hard to get some more sleep.
Overall a good hotel in a very central location, would stay here again.

Room Tip: As the central station is across the street, I would try to avoid to get a room on the front.