“Definately a place to stay”

Sheraton Munchen Westpark Hotel
Ranked #62 of 390 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed January 20, 2010

Great hotel with okay location bit far from city center but right next to a underground line. Cosy, large rooms with qreat beds, lcd, working desk and good bathroom. The hotel also hosts a good spa with swimming pools and saunas, great place for a relax. Breakfast also okay.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,161)

Reviewed January 12, 2010

We stayed at the Sheraton West Park in January 2010, the hotel was nice and clean and staff were generally friendly. The hotel has recently undergone some refurbishements and alot the rooms are now no smoking. However, although we were in a no smoking room it did have a residual smoke smell. The pool facilities within the hotel are really nice, clean and very relaxing. The pool is really warm and there are other facilities including sauna, jaquzzi, steam room and whirl pool. There is a lovely bar area within the pool, although service is a little slow here however, the drinks are reasonably priced. Also be aware that nakedness is common in the changin rooms (which are shared) and the sauna and jaquzzi area.

The hotel is on a underground stop and, therefore, is quite easy to get into the city centre on the U5 and U4 lines. The walk into the centre takes about 45 minutes and makes a nice alternative to the underground. If you are not having breakfast at the hotel then there is a good cafe about 5 minutes walk from the hotel called cafe WestPark (out of the hotel down the road to the right, to the junction and then turn left) which makes a mean breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2010

We picked this hotel for its proximity to Octoberfest and were rewarded with a liesurely 15 min walk each day of our visit. We also booked a junior suite as we were travelling with two small kids and wanted a separate sleeping area. If booking a junior suite be aware that some of their suites are one room (not advertised on their web site) so be sure to ask when checking in to avoid hassles later!

The room was very well appointed, and booking a suite also gave us access to the Executive lounge, a nice bonus. Goodies in the in-room mini-bar were also included in the room rate, and I must say I was pleasantly pleased to see it re-stocked promptly every day.

Parking was plentiful in an underground, secure lot, although a tad expensive. We've been to Octoberfest four times now, and this visit was the least stressful in terms of accommodations. Can't wait to go back again next year!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank TravellingCanucks_9
Reviewed December 13, 2009

I stayed for 5 nights at the Sheraton Munich Westpark Hotel at the beginning of December 2009. I booked a superior double room for 126 euros per night, without breakfast, via an internet travel agency. (I could have booked it at a lower price a month earlier, but it was my fault that I waited only until 15 days till we had to travel.) The hotel is just outside an underground station (U4/U5 line, Hermeranpl.) which we found extremely convenient. The city centre (Karlzplatz) is just 4 stops away, and the German U-Bahn is extremely efficient (fast, no delays etc), so it was only a matter of an 7-minute ride to get to the city centre. First thing you notice when you get to the hotel is that it looks like it is very business orientated, made for the businessman sort of thing. However, that is not a problem at all for leisure travellers: Down at the ground floor, there is a very nice corner that has 6 PCs installed and a printer. It also has free wi-fi access for the residents of the hotel, so your own laptop is more than welcome. There is also a spacious bar where you can have coffee or drinks. (Laptops can connect via Wi-Fi from there too!). The staff was very helpful, polite, and always with a smile on their face. The room was very spacious, with a large desk, a nice and spotless bathroom and a very comfortable bed. The SPA area was quite good too. It had a curly swimming pool (could have been larger though), a jakuzzi with hot water, and there was the sauna area, with a sauna and a steam bath. Massages were also available (although I didn't have one), with reasonable prices (for Munich, that is). There was also a bar next to the swimming pool, so one could enjoy a drink afterwards. To sum up, it was a very pleasant stay, I really couldn't have asked for anything more: The SPA and the free wi-fi internet access from the lobby really helped made this stay very enjoyable, just as the fact that the room was very spacious and the hotel was perfectly located outside an underground station. I definitely recommend this hotel to both business and leisure travellers.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2009

This hotel was basic, but very clean, convenient (right next to an entrance to the underground railway!) and well worth the money. The room we had was newly renovated and decorated nicley. There was some near-by construction that obstructed the view, but it wasn't a big deal. The staff was nice, professional and helpful. I would stay there again if I get to return to Munich!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 8, 2009

I highly recommend the club floor - there is food there all through the day, as well as all kinds of drinks. I loved the coffee machine. The indoor pool and hot tub are great also, though the hot tub could have been a little warmer. I thought the staff was very friendly and appreciated that I TRIED to speak German. The location to both U-bahn and S-bahn can not be matched. I had never been to Europe and I had heard the rooms were small, but I thought my room was just fine. The beds were very comfortable and we loved the exterior sunshades that could be closed with the touch of a button. There are quite a few nice restaurants in the area. We had a great stay.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2009

I stayed in the Sheraton Westpark for Oktoberfest. It was very convenient - only a ten minute walk to the tents. We arrived early and our room was not yet ready so we paid a little extra to go up to an executive level room right away. The room was comfortable and clean. We found out breakfast was not included in our room rate and that it costs 20-some euros which may be typical but is extremely overpriced. The service was great, however, and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple