“OK - Some improvements can be made”

Sheraton Munchen Westpark Hotel
Ranked #53 of 382 Hotels in Munich
Hong Kong, China
“OK – Some improvements can be made”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Stayed here 4 nights for business in Munich. This did have all things you would expect from a Sheraton. A clean comfortable room (bathroom was exceptionally clean), overpriced laundry and internet, and a reasonable quality breakfast spread. Actually the only complaint about breakfast was there was no egg/omelette cooking station, just pre-cooked buffet scrambled, fried and boiled eggs. The location is ok, a short walk can get you most of what you want in terms of food, drink & parks. There is also a U-Bahn station right next to the hotel to access the city centre, in a few stops, which is the best location to be for everything touristy. All the issues with this hotel seemed to stem from front desk. On check-in they tried to explain some kind of system where I could forfeit my daily room maid service for a voucher or SPG points. I agreed, but my room still got daily service and there was no voucher. I didn't really care either way, but why waste my time explaining a system that’s not going to be implemented? I was a gold SPG member, but wasn't put on a SPG floor that happens at every other Sheraton I have visited. There was no coffee making facilities in the room, but in the lobby you could pay €2 to make one yourself! My laundry was delivered back to the room with other peoples, and then was charged for 3 lots of laundry. This was corrected on checkout without a problem. On checkout I was verbally going through the bill, and needed it split accommodation and food charges. I got the invoice and checked it later, with it not split. My fault, I should of checked it before leaving the desk but I thought it was all clear. Not a bad hotel for the price, but I would probably research some other options next time in Munich.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Tim M
SheratonWestpark, Manager at Sheraton Munchen Westpark Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear Tim M,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review us - Guest feedback plays a crucial role for us as without it improvement is not possible.
I will gladly extent your compliments to the Housekeeping Department regarding the room cleanliness – thank you very much.
But I would like to extend a little bit on your comment regarding the new program “Make a green choice”. It was just recently implemented at the Sheraton München Westpark Hotel and you will soon find it in many Starwood Hotels you check in to. As you already wrote, does every guest get the choice to opt-out of housekeeping service on a daily basis and receive a nice benefit instead (SPG Points, Vouchers for the Restaurant & Bar or a donation to Unicef). The whole program was designed by Starwood to support our strive to be even more environment friendly and create a win-win situation for all parties involved.
However, the strongest program fails, if we do not communicate and execute it well. I hope you accept my apology that we did not deliver the “Green Choice” you made at check in. The communication along the line went wrong and your comment will help us to improve the process.
Tim, please do not hesitate to contact me personally if there are still open questions regarding your bill or if there is anything else I can do for you.
Best regards from Munich,
Sebastian, Guest Service

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights recently. Stunning hotel inside even though the front looks a little dated. Staff were very pleasant and the barman(didn't catch his name) was amazing. Some of the best cocktails I've had. It's only 3 u-bahn stops from the centre which is nothing in Munich as their transport network is superb. Room was very comfy. Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed May 2013
SheratonWestpark, Manager at Sheraton Munchen Westpark Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear “kimbers88”,
Thanks a lot for posting such a great review - our bar team was well over the moon.
Indeed Munich public transport is excellent – and we are very lucky to be literally situated on top of the train station Heimeranplatz.
Looking forward to your next stay with us.
Sebastian, Food & Beverage
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Find a nice hotel in Munich with modern amenities, close to activities and at a good price is not always easy, but from my opinion the Sheraton Westpark offers them all. I stayed 8 nights in a club room which also offers access to the club lounge. The overall service and food met my expectations. I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone travelling for business.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Genevieve_mtl
SheratonWestpark, Manager at Sheraton Munchen Westpark Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear “Genevieve_mtl”,
Thanks a lot for choosing the Sheraton Westpark for your recent visit to Munich.
Great you enjoyed your stay on our Club Floor..
The Sheraton Club really is a great deal, I always thought so myself. The few extra Euros are well worth it for free internet, breakfast, cocktails and more – I can only encourage all readers to follow Genevieve’s recommendation.
Do come back soon.
All the best,
San Diego
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Stayed in this hotel in October of 2012. The staff was very helpful and spoke excellent English. My plane was delayed and I arrived 24 hours late. They kept in touch with me via email to find out when I was checking in and cancelled a car that I had booked to pick me up. The rooms were really nice and clean and the breakfast buffet was the best that I had in Germany of the 3 hotels that I stayed in. It is not centrally located in Munich but was only a quick taxi ride. I am plannng on staying there again this summer when I return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank sheritin
SheratonWestpark, Manager at Sheraton Munchen Westpark Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear “sheritin”,
Thank you for your great review. Very happy everything went out well for you after your long flight delay.
Our Restaurant team was very proud to hear your praise about the breakfast buffet.
Looking forward to welcoming you back this summer – as promised.
Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Just arrived home from this hotel. I found food (just breakfast) very good with a huge variety,staff were extremely helpful and professional,room was good size and had everything I needed. price compared to other 4/5 star hotels in Munich was good. The location was excellent as the Ubahn left one at the front door of the hotel. My only complaint was the high cost of some of the drink in the bar.I would return to this hotel without hesitation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
SheratonWestpark, Manager at Sheraton Munchen Westpark Hotel, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear “Lemrac50”,
Thanks a lot for sharing your great experience at the Sheraton Westpark.
Our prices for Food & Beverage items are pretty much in line with Munich city centre (often even more reasonable). I would be really interested which menu items you thought were particularly overpriced. Looking forward to further feedback from you at westparkmuenchen@sheraton.com
Hope to welcome you back next time you are travelling Munich.
Best regards,
beijing
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

• Convenient location with direct subway access
• Good value compared to other SPG hotels in Munich
• Recently renovated with gym, but that is not a strong point of this hotel
• Have a Munich soccer event package

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear "mck0905”,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay at the Sheraton Munich Westpark.
Glad you had a great time.
Hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Arno, Front Office
Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed there for a week and I have to say that I was disappointed by this hotel. Indeed, even if the staff was kind, the hotel looks old and would need some intense refurbishment. The room I was in was small and a bit dark. I was negatively suprised by the cleaning (as a compensation, I got a plate of fruits ... ), the wifi is not free and expensive (and not working in all the public areas).
The breakfast was good and the fitness room is well equiped. It is very close to the metro station and easily accessible (even if a bit far from the city center)
It is not a bad hotel but again, not really in the standard I expected from a Sheraton.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
SheratonWestpark, Manager at Sheraton Munchen Westpark Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear “FredK1412”,
Thanks a lot for staying at the Sheraton Munich Westpark Hotel and posting a review about your experience.
Happy to hear you liked our newly refurbished Sheraton Fitness by Core Performance.
Cleanliness throughout the whole hotel, especially the bedrooms is top priority for our housekeeping team. Thank you again for your honest feedback – we will put even more emphasis on those areas in the future.
I hope we get the chance to welcome you back in Munich in the near future to show you that we can do much better. BTW, most of our rooms face either East or West and therefore are sunny and bright during either morning or afternoon. Tell us your preference!
Best regards,