“Great hotel”

Sheraton Munchen Westpark Hotel
Ranked #61 of 389 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights recently. Stunning hotel inside even though the front looks a little dated. Staff were very pleasant and the barman(didn't catch his name) was amazing. Some of the best cocktails I've had. It's only 3 u-bahn stops from the centre which is nothing in Munich as their transport network is superb. Room was very comfy. Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: May 2013
SheratonWestpark, Manager at Sheraton Munchen Westpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear “kimbers88”,
Thanks a lot for posting such a great review - our bar team was well over the moon.
Indeed Munich public transport is excellent – and we are very lucky to be literally situated on top of the train station Heimeranplatz.
Looking forward to your next stay with us.
Sebastian, Food & Beverage

Write a ReviewReviews (1,147)

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Find a nice hotel in Munich with modern amenities, close to activities and at a good price is not always easy, but from my opinion the Sheraton Westpark offers them all. I stayed 8 nights in a club room which also offers access to the club lounge. The overall service and food met my expectations. I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone travelling for business.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Genevieve_mtl
SheratonWestpark, Manager at Sheraton Munchen Westpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear “Genevieve_mtl”,
Thanks a lot for choosing the Sheraton Westpark for your recent visit to Munich.
Great you enjoyed your stay on our Club Floor..
The Sheraton Club really is a great deal, I always thought so myself. The few extra Euros are well worth it for free internet, breakfast, cocktails and more – I can only encourage all readers to follow Genevieve’s recommendation.
Do come back soon.
All the best,

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Stayed in this hotel in October of 2012. The staff was very helpful and spoke excellent English. My plane was delayed and I arrived 24 hours late. They kept in touch with me via email to find out when I was checking in and cancelled a car that I had booked to pick me up. The rooms were really nice and clean and the breakfast buffet was the best that I had in Germany of the 3 hotels that I stayed in. It is not centrally located in Munich but was only a quick taxi ride. I am plannng on staying there again this summer when I return.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank sheritin
SheratonWestpark, Manager at Sheraton Munchen Westpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear “sheritin”,
Thank you for your great review. Very happy everything went out well for you after your long flight delay.
Our Restaurant team was very proud to hear your praise about the breakfast buffet.
Looking forward to welcoming you back this summer – as promised.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Just arrived home from this hotel. I found food (just breakfast) very good with a huge variety,staff were extremely helpful and professional,room was good size and had everything I needed. price compared to other 4/5 star hotels in Munich was good. The location was excellent as the Ubahn left one at the front door of the hotel. My only complaint was the high cost of some of the drink in the bar.I would return to this hotel without hesitation.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
SheratonWestpark, Manager at Sheraton Munchen Westpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear “Lemrac50”,
Thanks a lot for sharing your great experience at the Sheraton Westpark.
Our prices for Food & Beverage items are pretty much in line with Munich city centre (often even more reasonable). I would be really interested which menu items you thought were particularly overpriced. Looking forward to further feedback from you at westparkmuenchen@sheraton.com
Hope to welcome you back next time you are travelling Munich.
Best regards,

Reviewed May 6, 2013

• Convenient location with direct subway access
• Good value compared to other SPG hotels in Munich
• Recently renovated with gym, but that is not a strong point of this hotel
• Have a Munich soccer event package

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear "mck0905”,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay at the Sheraton Munich Westpark.
Glad you had a great time.
Hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Arno, Front Office

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed there for a week and I have to say that I was disappointed by this hotel. Indeed, even if the staff was kind, the hotel looks old and would need some intense refurbishment. The room I was in was small and a bit dark. I was negatively suprised by the cleaning (as a compensation, I got a plate of fruits ... ), the wifi is not free and expensive (and not working in all the public areas).
The breakfast was good and the fitness room is well equiped. It is very close to the metro station and easily accessible (even if a bit far from the city center)
It is not a bad hotel but again, not really in the standard I expected from a Sheraton.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
SheratonWestpark, Manager at Sheraton Munchen Westpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear “FredK1412”,
Thanks a lot for staying at the Sheraton Munich Westpark Hotel and posting a review about your experience.
Happy to hear you liked our newly refurbished Sheraton Fitness by Core Performance.
Cleanliness throughout the whole hotel, especially the bedrooms is top priority for our housekeeping team. Thank you again for your honest feedback – we will put even more emphasis on those areas in the future.
I hope we get the chance to welcome you back in Munich in the near future to show you that we can do much better. BTW, most of our rooms face either East or West and therefore are sunny and bright during either morning or afternoon. Tell us your preference!
Best regards,
Claudia, Housekeeping

Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is a business hotel that tries very hard to be just that, a dull business hotel. It has the minimum standards of a Sheraton, rooms are nice enough and spacious, breakfast good. But that is about it... The two major issues with the hotel were the temperature ( too warm everywhere in the hotel, with no obvious way to make the rooms cooler) and the super expensive wifi at 15 euro per day for a slow connection ( you could actually pay more for a faster connection!)... Amazing how some hotels still charge for wifi.... There are so many other nice hotels in Munich, hat I would avoid this one unless it is really close to where you have to be.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank whiterabbitjb
SheratonWestpark, Manager at Sheraton Munchen Westpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear “whiterabbitjb“,
Thank you very much for choosing the Sheraton Westpark for your recent visit to Munich and posting a review on tripadvisor.
I am sorry that you felt the temperature through the hotel was not ideal. We would have been happy to be at your assistance during your stay.

At our hotel the internet is included in premium room types, like Clubrooms, Executive rooms and our Suites. Additionally we offer the Link@Sheraton Area next to reception with free internet access for our guests 24/7. There you can use your laptop with wireless connection or our computer terminals.
And you would be surprised if we could tell you how much it costs to provide internet in the rooms – the network infrastructure alone is a small fortune and needs to be updated quite regularly to meet speed requirements. For instance, we are currently upgrading bandwidth in order to improve performance even further, so hopefully you will at least not perceive the connection as slow again.

I hope to welcome you back at the Sheraton Westpark in the future.
Kind regards,