“Top Hotel, Location & Service”

Sheraton Munchen Westpark Hotel
Ranked #55 of 383 Hotels in Munich
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Top Hotel, Location & Service”
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Booked this as a package after reading review on this website. Excellent connections to City from the aiport and just a few stops on the U Bahn from the Main Station. As you come out of the subway exit its literally in front of you. Arrived early and receptionist rang housekeeping straight away to ensure room was ready asap - Said it would be about an hour so sat in lobby to wait and an hour later got shown to room. Room of an excellent standard with everything you'd expect in a moden hotel. Wireless you had to pay for but is free of charge in the reception area. Breakfast was excellent along by only 'slight' criticism was they were slightly slow to replenish foods etc, that said the breakfast room was full on the 1st morning! Almost forgot to mention the swimming pool etc. Spent an entire morning here and could of spent longer between, pool, sauna, hot tub, steam room.
Next time I come to Munich I'll certainly be booking into this hotel again! A*

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Alexander_Bieber, Manager at Sheraton Munchen Westpark Hotel, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Dear "Nick T",
It is great to hear you enjoyed our hotel so much. Thank you for taking the time to post your impressions, be sure they fuel the teams motivation (and mine) going forward. And of course we'd love to have you back!

Alexander Bieber

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 20, 2011

I think I found a place to stay in when im visiting Munich. Since this place wasnt exactly near the Hauptbahnof. Still a pretty short cab ride. I loved it. The Lobby was outstanding and very modern. Nicely decorated and the staff at the front desk speak english very well. The room was gorgeous with a nice bed and it was spacious. We had a carner room on the 8th floor and there was nice views of Munich. Loved the shower in the bathroom and it even has a magnified mirror in the bathroom.The Superior room here was cheap because you arent in the busy part of the city but its a good location and the subway station is right outside the hotel. Drawbacks are that you have to pay for internet and breakfast isnt included but we went to a nice cafe not too far from there for brunch. If you like 4 star quality and dont mind staying the the heart of everything but still close enough to it then you should stay here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Alexander_Bieber, Manager at Sheraton Munchen Westpark Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
Hello „Airborne1“,
Thank you for the great compliment that I shared with my team. We are delighted that you had a great time with us.
I like to let you know that our guests have the possibility to use our Link@Sheraton in the Lobby area that is available free of charge. Furthermore you do have the option to make a reservation that includes breakfast.
Dear “Airborne1”, we would like to welcome you back again soon and please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!

Hull
Reviewed August 2, 2011

I am writing this from the hotel right now as the final straw has been placed...

Nice hotel, good rooms, great shower, attentive, polite staff, good location (pretty much on top of the U and S-bahn stations) and not too far from town centre.

Unfortunately: The direction info on the website is absolutely wrong: "Alight at Heimeranplatz. To exit the U-Bahn (metro) station, continue in the direction the train was heading" Actually, it's at the back end of the train and = many flights of stairs and an extra 15min walk if you follow these instructions. Also, it's easier to take the S-Bahn directly from Hauptbahnhof without changing.

When I arrived the lobby was boiling hot, I later saw the notice (that was not mentioned when booking) that due to maintenance the aircon would not be working for two days.

After checking in I went to my room only to find my room key did not work. I know how to use room keys, this was not working. I went back down to reception and was informed that the key card machine was not working and was left waiting, standing at the desk for 15 minutes whilst they scratched their heads and tried "switching it off and back on again". At no point was it suggested that I sit down, or that they come find me when it works etc... Also a maintenance man turned up to fix a shower in a room yet when they couldn't give him a key a card (due to this issue) they walked him up to the room with the skeleton key(card). Could perhaps have done the same for me and the others waiting?

The key card was "fixed" yet didn't work again, resulting in another contact with the front desk.

After a late night out (without dinner based on the in room information) I ordered, at midnight, from the In-Room Dining menu which states, quite clearly (pics to follow later) that meals are available from 10:30am - 12:30am only to be told, "I'm sorry, meals finish at midnight". I countered this with the details in the menu to which I received the reply "Actually, we stop serving at 11pm and no one is in the kitchen"

This, coupled with the fact there is no tea or coffee in the room, the water costs 4Euros and there are no shops nearby means that I am in a very bad, hungry, irritable mood for my early morning (no breakfast), all day meeting.

Also the lack of aircon is supposed to be countered by the openable windows - unfortunately the proximity of the S-Bahn = screeching wheels and constant train noise until 4am... So it's a choice of stifling to death or insomnia. You decide!

Thanks, but no thanks Sheraton, disappointed with a brand that I have come to trust.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank kitteecat74
Alexander_Bieber, Manager at Sheraton Munchen Westpark Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
Dear „Kitteecat74“,
I like to thank you for your review of your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for all issues that disappointed you and did not meet the Sheraton experience that you expected.

Unfortunately while you were staying with us, a defect required us to maintain our air-conditioning system and in addition we had some unexpected trouble with our key card machine which was fixed short time later. Nevertheless you are absolutely right that the staff did not respond accordingly and I am very sorry for this.

The same applies to your try to order from the in-room dining menu. Regrettably not everybody was on the same level. I spoke to our Chef and Food&Beverage Manager who join me in my apology.

Regarding the direction, the U5 connects our station directly to Hauptbahnhof, you should not have had to change trains. There is no need to take the S-Bahn. But, in the interest of clarity, I have asked our online communication team to adjust the directions information.

Dear „Kitteecat74“, please do not hesitate to contact me as I like to apologize in a more meaningful way. Feel free to send your contact details to westparkmuenchen@sheraton.com and I will get in touch with you as soon as possible.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Hi,

We have just got back from a few days in Munich and stayed at the Sheraton Westpark Hotel. I have stayed in a large number of hotels however never in a Sheraton hotel. I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were lovely and well maintained. Our room was on the 7th floor and ideally located. Both my wife and I said the beds were the most comfortable we had ever slept in whilst in a hotel.
We used the restuarant and the spa facilities and both were excellent.
The only bad point we could find about this hotel was that there were a group of families staying in the hotel. They seemed to take over the lobby area each evening with all their kids as well. They ran around screaming and shouting. When we told the receptionists they seemed unable to stop this from taking place and so we were unable to have a quiet drink in the bar area and went back to the much more pleasant room.
All in all though we would stay in this hotel again, think we were just unlucky with the guests that were staying there at the time too.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Alexander_Bieber, Manager at Sheraton Munchen Westpark Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
“Dear UKMatt32”,
I like to thank you for your review of your stay. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the Sheraton-Experience and had a great time.
Nevertheless I am very sorry that you felt bothered by other hotel guests. Please be assured that my team tries to find a way to satisfy all our guests.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in Munich and we hope that you had a safe trip back home!

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed July 31, 2011

The Sheraton Westpark comes of as a very drab looking building but the interiors of the hotel are a contrast to the exteriors. The rooms are plush and comfortable. Nice comfortable beds, tiltable reading lamps along with a business desk make it a nice stop for the business traveler as well as the tourist. There are a few gizmos in the room that allow you to open/ close the window shades. Bathrooms are clean and stocked well. The staff are very friendly and helpful for the tourist with maps and directions. The metro station is nearby but the Bahnhof is a bit further away, not very close. The breakfast buffet spread was exemplary and presented a lot of vegetarian options. Not much to see or walk around the area but the hotel was top class

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Dear "shanksv2000",
We would love to have you here again and may be on that occasion you would try to stroll around in the quarter between the hotels and the site of the Octoberfest which is a lovely neighbourhood of old Munich filled with small cafés, bars and restaurants.

Please let me know if you need any assistance or have any other questions.

Hochspeyer, Germany
Reviewed July 29, 2011

This was a wonderful hotel. Everyone from the front desk staff to the man setting up the extra bed to the breakfast staff were friendly. The room was set up nicely. We had a great view. It was quiet and away from the tourist areas of Munich but close enough that you could take a bus or the metro. There were several nice restaurants in the vicinity. We had a wonderful breakfast. The room rate was comparable to other hotels of similar quality.

My only complain about the hotel is that the website is misleading. I booked this particular hotel because it had a pool--my kids love to go swimming and the promise of swimming makes for easier traveling for us. We arrived late at the hotel, and the pool was closed to children by the time we got changed and down to the pool. I think it was 5 pm or 7 pm. It turns out that the pool is owned by another company (one that specializes in massage and spa treatments) and the company allows hotel guests to use the pool until a certain time. This information is not found on the website and I voiced my complaint to the front desk staff, who was apologetic but did nothing about it. I doubt that I would stay there again because of the pool fiasco. Don't advertise that you have a pool without advertising the restrictions as well.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Alexander_Bieber, Manager at Sheraton Munchen Westpark Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
Dear „Flyingjenny“,
Thanks a lot for your detailed review of the time that you spent with us. It is a great compliment for my team and myself that you experienced a nice stay.
I appreciate that you also give us constructive feedback regarding the information on our website. You are absolutely right of course about the website update which we haven done since. My sincere apologies.
Maybe you have a chance to be back in Munich and we would be happy if we could welcome you back.

In the meantime please contact me at any time if you have any questions.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2011

We booked this hotel based on some really good reviews on Tripadvisor.

Reservation a few months in advance was easy enough.

Arrival was friendly, courteous, and even though we arrived prior to official check in time, we were allocated with a room upon arrival,.

All hotel facilities were pointed out to us upon arrival by the team, who did a really good job of letting us know all there was to know.

We were allocated a room on the 9th floor (Club floor), room was well appointed, very comfortable bed, desk area with computer hook up facilities, and the usual lotions, tea/coffee making facilities, ironing board and extras that you would expect from a Sheraton hotel. Well appointed bathroom. Lovely view facing towards the south and the distant Alps., although black out curtains are available if the views don't inspire you.

Location was brilliant - just 2 mins from the platform edge on the U-bahn, and within 5 mins, you could be at the platform of the S-bahn. 15 minutes maximum to the City Centre

We didn't dine at the hotel as breakfast was only served until 10am so cannot comment on the food quality. There was a pizza house next door to the hotel if that's your thing.

We didn't make use of the swimming pool/spa area on the 3rd floor - next time maybe.

Area allocated to PC use on the ground floor, with free speedy wifi available for free in public areas (pity it's not free in the rooms, a small setback though).

We left our luggage at the hotel after check out so that we could do some further exploring, and the hotel dealt with this very well.

Staff were a credit to their company, really enjoyed our stay, would not hesitate in stopping there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear „Foxystoat1“,

All I like to say is thank you for staying with us and it is a great compliment for the team that you enjoyed your stay at our property.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back hopefully soon and maybe you will have the chance to dine in our restaurant and to relax in our Wellness area.

My best regards