“This Place gets it !”

Ranked #57 of 383 Hotels in Munich
Raleigh, North Carolina
“This Place gets it !”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I'm going to be honest - most upscale business stay hotels ( JW Marriott, Grand Westin, W , etc ) are all pretty much the same in quality. What separates these hotels is the personal service that they provide the customer. And like my review says - this hotel gets it !
I just got back from 5 days in Munich with my 9 yr old son and I have to say - the little things that the employees at this hotel did was way pass above and beyond.
The concierge, doorman, valet, desk clerks and house keeping were all fantastic.
Special thanks to the Concierge - Alexander Von Wilmsdorff -
That young man located tickets, provided advice and saved me money. The day of the Bayern Munich soccer match - he gave my son a flag for the match ! It was a small gesture - but he made my son smile !
That's one of the little things that make - the Westin Grand a hotel that I'll stay in every time I'm back in Munich.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a nice view of the City
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Blake_B1973
PaulPeters, General Manager at The Westin Grand Munchen, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Dear Blake_B1973,

thank you so much for your wonderful Review. I have shared your comments with all relevant departments, especially the Concierge. This is how the experience in a Westin Hotel should be for a guest: peronal-instinctive-renewal!
I hope that you will be our guest very soon again, maybe to watch another FC Bayern Football match?

My very best regards to you,
Complex General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
UK
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Had a two night stay in the Westin Grand and really enjoyed the experience. The beds are huge and very comfortable. The staff are very helpful and friendly even filling my flask up for me as I had a long drive when I left. A little way from town but easy to get to on the underground or a tram.
We had a very nice time and Munich was great I will return.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room overlooking the city for great views
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Deerhunter13
Dear Deerhunter13,

thank you for posting such a nice comment about your recent stay with us. I saw that you have been with us due to Business reasons, maybe you also with have the possibility to spend a weekend with us, We have very special offers, it would be our pleasure to make your weekends last longer.
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is absolutely lovely! The rooms are nice and big, the bed is sooo comfortable. The staff are very friendly. Breakfast is superb. Downstairs in the hotel is a lovely spa with a beautiful indoor swimming pool. Also they have a car rental place in the hotel which is very convenient. The hotel beer garden is a must while you are there. The food is typically Bavarian and super yummy.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Barbara M
Dear Barbara M,

thank your very much for taking time to write such a nice review about your recent stay with us. It seems that you really have enjoyed our heavenly bed, which is produced for Westin Hotels only and that you enjoyed our SPA area. At Christmas time we have very Special offers at our Paulaners Restaurant which you may try, very tasty and bavarian style, also in our Grapperia Cefe we offer Christmas Sweets and hot chocolate. Did you try our ZEN Restaurant already? Don't miss it next time you are staying with us.

Have a wonderful Christmas time
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Westin Grand Munich delivered great experience and excellent value – good room with fantastic view on 22nd floor, access to very nice two story club lounge on 23rd floor, very nice shower and separate bath tubes. As always in my reviews I’ll get over advantages and faults:

Pros

- Great room with very nice rain shower and separate bath with cozy floor heater, great bed and fantastic views
- Awesome two story club lounge with large windows and magnificent views, computer stations with nice choice of snacks, juices, wines, prosecco and decent breakfast
- Large lobby lounge with vintage cars exhibition
- Cool SPA and aqua zone with large warm pool, Jacuzzi (bot hot tubes), steam room (not hamam), sauna and very comfortable sun beds
- Nice ambience around the place, Westin touch products (shower, bed)
- Nice location just 9 minutes by metro to city center
- Great rates
- Large supermarket is nearby

Cons

- There are not much to speak about – the only things are that breakfast at club lounge can have more choice, and operator telephone service can be more professional (not replying sometimes, can bring you not what you asked for)

I would like to thank hotel management for great job, excelent level of hospitality and strongly recommend this hotel for your next stay in Munich

Sure to be back to my new home in Bavarian capital - Grand Westin Munich

Room Tip: Pay some extra for club floors - they give great views and nice amenities like club lounge access
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Andrey V
Dear Andrey V,

thank you very much for writing such a nice rewiev about your recent stays with us. It is my pleasure indeed to create a comfortable und refreshing stay for you and I thank you for your compliment! I have passed on your two comments about Service Express and the varity of Food in the Club Lounge to improve in these two Points also.
As before, you are very welcome to contact me directly for any wishes you may have.
Have a good week and hope to have you soon back in the Westin Grand as our guest.
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed November 26, 2013

My husband and myself have stayed recently in October for 2 days and in November for 6 days at the Westin Grand Munich and I would say the hotel was absolutely high class in every way.
From the reservation to check-in, all staff were more than friendly and very welcoming.

Our Club Junior Suite was gorgeous with spectacular city views.
Housekeeping service fast, efficient and friendly.

The Club floor, again wonderful experienced staff, very good breakfast and evenings warm nibbles like chili con carne, lamb stew, small hamburger and hot dogs , fresh salads and cheese platter etc., unfortunately we have never tried this.

We visited regularly - or the Paulaner Wirtshaus, very good local dishes or the excellent Pan Asian Restaurant ZEN.

Both in preparation of food and service outstanding.

Spa and health Club well maintained, nice pool and very nice Sauna and Steam room. Please visit the Ice room and you will be surprised....

Regarding the location, the hotel is not really far from the city.
Public Transportation is nearby I was told.
We took a taxi for approx. 12 Euro (one way) in around 10 minutes to Marienplatz .

Compare to other hotels in Munich, e.g. Bayerischer Hof , I would highly recommend the Westin Grand and we looking forward to our next stay end of december

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
PaulPeters, General Manager at The Westin Grand Munchen, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear worldtraveller007_10,

thank you very much for your positive review about your recent stays with us. I haven shared your Feedback with all relevant departments to pass on your commendation to the team.
Also we are lookiung forward to your next stay end of december. Please contact me directly if there is anything more we can do for you to make your stay even more comfortable.

My very best wishes
Hayling Island
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Good hotel, gym/spa are good. The restaurant is great for breakfast with a variety of local and international options. The bar food was good, especially the healthy options.

Location is OK, but watch out that the local subway line doesn't run late at night.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank dan_germain
Dear dan_germain,
I am glad to read that you had a comfortable and renewing stay with us. I have forwarded your comment to all relevant departments to share your impressions with my team.
Besides our Superfood offers, we have also other possibilities to support a healthy way of life. Did you hear about our Gear Landing program? We offer our guests New Balance shoes and a new pair of socks in your size for a jogging tour near the river Isar or access our Gym 24 hours a day for a good workout.
Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions with us.
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Just come back to UK from a business trip and four nights in the Westin as a SPG.

Pros: - Heavenly beds really are heavenly. Slept better than I normally do when away. Large TV with English channels too. Powerful thunder shower in bathroom- like being at a spa. On that matter the spa was of an extrememly high standard for late night swim. Good quality food on room service too and prompt delivery.
Cons: - knew location was in suburbs. However traffic is virtually standstill in mornings and prepare for a taxi queue at peak times if travelling into Munich. Trying to get a cappuccino to take away each morning when leaving the hotel meant locating a member of staff to help with this. The current assistant behind the counter was never there. Was also surprised to find that after my evening swim, the steam room contained naked men without towels. However this is perhaps my not knowing current practice in Germany :) However if you are travelling with younger children, it might be helpful if the receptionist flags this as you sign in. Overall would be an excellent hotel for the business traveller if only the internet was provided free of charge

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Pip N,

thank you for eeing our guest recently and for taking the time to write some lines. I have shared your Feedback with all relevant departments, also with the SPA Manager, and I can tell you naked people without towels in the steambath are not german standard so it was not your lack of knowing. We will take better care to avoid such situations in the future.
Very nice to read that you enjoyed our hevenly bed and heavenly shower. Did you try our Westin superfoods yet or borrowed a pair of New Balance Jogging shoes for a run near the Isar yet? You should try out next time whilst staying with us.
Have a good time,