Negatives: This is a nice Westin property but with some service issues. As mentioned in other reviews, the staff - from front desk, to breakfast room to spa employees - seem to have an attitude. This property is outside the city center so you must take a subway if you want to see the sights.
Positives: The pool is amazing. It has a wave resistance (not sure of the correct name) that can be turned on. You can get a float and the current moves you in a circle around the pool with no effort on your part. Or you can walk against the current for a great workout. They do not always have the water motion turned on. Some times part is turned on, sometimes none, and sometimes all. I did not figure out a pattern of when and, as mentioned above, found rude unhelpful staff when I tried to ask. But the pool area was amazing. Wonderful place to relax even if you were not in the pool. The breakfast in the executive lounge was quite good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a new passion at the Westin Grand Hotel in Munich. Located in the district of Bogenhausen, the world-famous city with a heart awaits you on the doorstep. With excellent transport connections from your Arabellapark hotel, you reach the city centre in just a few minutes and enjoy the very best Munich has to offer. 627 comfortable rooms & suites as well as the Westin Club invite you to stay a little longer and forget your usual day-to-day routine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Grand Munchen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Grand Munchen Hotel Munich
- Westin Hotel Munich
- Westin Grand Muenchen Arabellapark
- Sheraton Munich
- Munich Sheraton