Overall I was very pleased with the hotel and only had a couple of issues. I have broken them into positive and negatives.
Rooms a good size and comfortable. As a platinum I was upgraded to a Jr Suite. Loved having two bathrooms. Spa was nice to use and clean. Great to hang out in the winter time.
Club room for Platinum members had sufficient food stock for breakfast and snacks for dinner. Solid internet service in room and club. Staff were very professional and easy to talk with and all spoke very good english in case you are wondering. Over a good business stay hotel.
We use to stay here every xmas but moved to the Le Meriden property in the center of the city once it became part of the Starwood chain because the Westin is about 2 kil further out requiring a subway or street car ride into the center. What we noticed right off the bat upon a return to this Westin is that the carpets throughout the hotel were worn and stained and had not been upgraded since the last time we were there 5 years ago. Our room was very clean which is typical of German standards but the carpets were in bad need of replacement. I hope the hotel plans to take care of this eye sore as we would love to return.
The hotel was pretty empty during the xmas week we stayed there and that is not unusual. It provided for great pricing to stay there. However and in spite of being platinum I was not placed on the Starwood floor. Rather, a lower floor which was the category I paid for. I was provided a Jr suite which consisted of a standard room with a connecting room set up as a living room. Not very functional except for the second full bathroom. While the program states you are upgraded to the highest category available as a platinum member, more times than not that only means in the category paid. Really depends on the property. Because I had read a similar experience by another platinum member at this property I called the platinum service in the US to make sure they contacted this property to ensure I was given an upgrade. I feel sure the Jr Suite was the result.
The spa is nice and the facility large but for North Americans it is so weird to see male and females sitting naked in the sauna together. The sign into the sauna rooms actually say no swimming trunks allowed. So the first logical question that comes to mind is if males and females can sit nude in the sauna together then why not use the same changing room and shower facility? Pretty funny actually.
I will this hotel again and recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a new passion at the Westin Grand Hotel in Munich. Located in the district of Bogenhausen, the world-famous city with a heart awaits you on the doorstep. With excellent transport connections from your Arabellapark hotel, you reach the city centre in just a few minutes and enjoy the very best Munich has to offer. 627 comfortable rooms & suites as well as the Westin Club invite you to stay a little longer and forget your usual day-to-day routine. Attention: From 6th of March 2017 until 1st of April 2017 renovation work will take place in our lobby. There may be some noise disturbance but we will try to minimize restraints for our guest as far as possible. For further information please feel free to contact us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your The Westin Grand Munchen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Grand Munchen Hotel Munich
- Westin Hotel Munich
- Westin Grand Muenchen Arabellapark
- Sheraton Munich
- Munich Sheraton