Sheraton Muenchen Arabellapark Hotel
$242
$186
Agoda.com
1,253 results
All reviewsclub roomtop floorcity centrenice hotelfree wifi in the lobbybig hotelcomfortable staysubway stationminute ridehotel is locatedu bahnvisiting munichlate at nightpublic transportenglish gardenbalconyconcierge
Reviewed August 19, 2010

Virtually non-existent Sheraton Standards.
No luggage assitance upon arrival.
Room not ready at 14:30 but OK, since the check in time is 15:00.
We were kept waiting in the lobby until 15:45 because during the shift change at reception the staff did not pass the necessary information regarding our room status.
WiFi internet connection available in the lobby is with T-Mobile. BE AWARE that if you buy this connection you will be NOT able to use the PC in the room because there is a different net service!!! When I asked for an explanation at the reception, the lady on duty just told me:" nobody told you before? Sorry, but that's how works..."
DIRTY room. Better don't look between the writing desk and the curtains. Cigarette buts on the balcony floor, dust on the TV. YUCK YUCK YUCK.
Concierge: if Mr. Jurgen is on duty, forget about having any kind of information from him. He's always too busy to chat with his colleagues.
On the second day of our stay, to our unfortunate surprise, we found that our room was still dirty at 5.00pm! I called the reception to ask if it was possible to have the housekeeper service. Reply: "well, they have time to clean the rooms until 18:00". How professional ... UNBELIEVABLE!!!
Luckily, the "Audrey" restaurant was really very good. Friendly staff, nice atmosphere and good food. Even the bar is very nice.
As Starwood preferred guest member ... NEVER again here!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kinothai
Reviewed August 14, 2010

Sheraton was selected by our travel agent. It's a great hotel, though a bit far away from the city. Yet, the U bahn has a stop 3-minutes walk from the hotel taking you to the Hauptbahnhof thru many interesting places. The breakfast is excellent and they have a buffet once a week. The concierge and front desk were not particularly helpful and unfortunately - no free internet! Nevertheless, our 3 nights stay was confortable and we had a great time visiting Munich from the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2010

Sheraton Arabella is a nice and comfortable hotel. It is in a good area, but the location is not the best for who is looking for sightseeing. Hotel is very clean, breakfast is very good but the staff is not so friendly.
I had a nice stay there, but I think I could be in a hotel closer than city center for sightseeing.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 30, 2010

Stayed at the Sheraton Arabellapark. Very gud hotel. Value for money. Gud service. ver close to the train station and restaurants at a stones throw. Child friendly and very clean. If i visit Munich again I'd surely stay there again. Highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2010

The hotel was exactly what I had hoped for - the staff were delightful from check in to Attila the driver who drove us to the airport on departure. The room was a little small but very well equipped and the restaurant was excellent if a little pricey. I particulaly loved the pool and spa and hugely appreciated the late opening hours which meant that it was possible to use the facility after a busy day's work. The fact the ladies only night at the Spa on Wednesdays runs from 10pm until midnight was fantastic.
However - the internet charges are scandalous! the options are €6 for 30 minutes, €12 for 2 hours or €19 for 24 hours BUT once you have logged on and paid, you cannot disconnect without incurring a new charge. Therefore if you choose the 24-hour option, you cannot take your laptop to a meeting and then return. Nor as I discovered, can you restart your laptop without incurring a new charge. There was no wi-fi option within the hotel and on the upper floors, the cell phone signal was intermittent. Several other reviewers have pointed out that the internet charges were expensive - Sheraton take note - business travellers need a better service than this. Such a shame as I would use the hotel again on my forthcoming frequent business trips to Munich but this issue really put me off. I came across several other business guests also complaining about these charges. I can only suspect that this charging system has been imposed on the hotel from HQ as the staff semed embarassed when I complained but were not able to do anything. Otherwise - the hotel is superb and I wouldl reccomend it highly but if you need internet access during your stay, bring more money.....

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business