“Convenient, comfortable, breakfast included!”
Review of Hotel Daniel

Hotel Daniel
Ranked #181 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Located right off the Karlplatz (walking distance to the S-Bahn/U-Bahn subway & trains), a 40 minute ride from the airport on the S-Bahn and a leisurely walk to the Marienplatz. All the amenities included, great value and great place form which to explore the old town of Munich (shops, restaurants, museums).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 24, 2013

very good position, in the center of town, close to StachusPlatz, close to railway station, close to subway and near the hotel it is a station of Sightseeing bus for tourists.
the breakfast was good and the stuff was polite but not too friendly (like in Austria).
the weather was bad, it was raining all the time, so we went to the stairs U and discover a nice underground city, with nice shops and a supermarket.
the room was clean, it was not noisy as we expected to be.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This was a two night stay-over on our way to Paris by train. I've never been to Munich and thought we'd give this hotel a try. I've stayed in plenty of horrible hotels/motels in my life and this was not one of them. It's not an "American" chain if that's what you're looking for but it is a safe place to stay, reasonably priced, and very friendly receptionist. I will definitely give this place consideration if I'm in Munich again. Maybe next time it wont be on a bank holiday so the shops will be open and not so rainy...

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dsonnier1
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed here at the end of April for 4 nights. The best part of the hotel is it's location to the subway and to Marienplatz etc. However, we couldn't control any AC and the windows didn't open very much so it was warm in our room but also very noisy because it's on a busy street front. One night my husband heard the bar close down (there is a bar right next to the hotel), the street sweepers and then the buses start running again-literally, couldn't sleep because of the noise. So, you will want to be a heavy sleeper here. Breakfast was fine, breakfast staff was ok, and our room was clean.

I do have to mention a huge complaint with the one older gentleman at the front desk who on our 3rd night of staying here demanded to see my receipt as I walked past the front desk to head up to the room. I showed him my key and he said he didn't believe me, that I could have made this key and just walked in off the street. Excuse me? He said I needed to show him the receipt(none of the other staff in 3 full days had mentioned this at any point, nor when we checked in), I told him my name and room number and how dare he say I just came in off the street with a made key. He continued to BLAME ME for not having this receipt thing and that I probably just made this key and wasn't a guest. When my husband joined me in speaking to him he actually said to us "Why don't you speak German?". We have traveled to many countries and have never run into someone in customer service/hospitality who talked to us the way this man did. At a place named Hotel Daniel, which I'm sure caters to a majority of non-German-speaking customers, they should be ashamed to have that man representing their company. If it weren't for him I would have given it an average rating, but that incident ruined it for us.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ColoradoRocks915
Reviewed April 11, 2013

In my humble opinion, the best feature of this hotel is its location. I was able to walk with my wheeled luggage to the hotel from the train station. As all the other reviewers have noted, the hotel is right next to Marienplatz. I was able to hop on the double decker tour bus near the hotel as well. Breakfast is complimentary and it is sufficient. I booked a single room and it was just that, with a twin bed. Staff was very friendly and willing to answer any tourist related questions that I had. Don't plan on showering, but the tub is inviting. The gelato at the Italian restaurant next door is worth treating yourself to. Black walnut flavor was yummy!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Travelbuglcsw
Reviewed March 26, 2013

An excellent location near Karlsplatz between Marienplatz and Hauptbanhof. Friendly and helpful staff and a solid breakfast to start your day. Rooms are clean, comfortable and somewhat spacious, although the single room is average size.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank JayZee33
Reviewed March 1, 2013

This hotel is located in a remarkable place (Stachus) in the city centre.
Apart from this, nothing else deserves notice. The room was clean, but the bathroom was not equipped with a shower (just a bathtub).
Internet access is not free (12 euro/day) as well as a standard breakfast (9 eur/day)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business