“Great”
Review of Hotel Brunnenhof

Hotel Brunnenhof
Ranked #150 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Within walking distance from Central Station and shopping this hotel was very clean, comfortable and had a great breakfast. Even though the street itself looks seedy with the Clubs we had no problems at all. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The rooms were large and the beds comfortable. Would recommend.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hotel Brunnenhof

Reviewed December 14, 2011

Street a bit seedy but my friend and I never felt unsafe or threatened. The hotel was very clean and modern with friendly staff.The heating worked brilliantly in our larger than average room.

Room Tip: We were at the back of the hotel, our window opened onto a quadrangle type car park - it was very qu...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank brenord
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Only a short walk from the Central Station this quiet, very well run hotel is an ideal base for touring Munich. Don't be put off by the "Lap Dancing Clubs", no problems were seen in the area.
Hotel staff are friendly and bi-lingual and very, very helpful. The place was very clean and the only downside was the spartan surroundings of the bar area. Yes, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IanFIH
Reviewed October 30, 2011

We booked this hotel through an on-line booking agency, not knowing what to expect. Despite the "characters" hanging out along Schillerstrasse, we never felt unsafe, and once we got to the hotel found it to be quite nice. The room was clean and comfortable, and the breakfast buffet was quite good. The only problem we had was with the wi-fi. We were not able to get a connection. The hotel is in a good location for those traveling by train, and it is a reasonable walk to Munich's old city area. We used this hotel as a base for sightseeing - Dachau Memorial, Garmisch & Zugspitze, and Berchesgadener & Lake Konigsee, all just a short trip by train.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for three nights. The neighbourhood was a bit nightlifey, but being five minutes walk from the central station, that should be expected, we were not troubled by anybody or anything. The hotel was absolutely fine and the car park was secure.

The staff even alerted me (by e-mail) of the fact that I needed an UMWELT PLAKETTE for my car. I had not been aware of this, but having been forewarned, I obtained one from TUV SUD in Kempten for Euro 5 (instead of Euro 30 online) and my car was fully legal when I entered Munich.

Room Tip: We had a room at the back of the hotel. If you are staying in any city centre, anywhere, it seems a...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VicWen
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Liked the hotel. Rooms were well appointed. Decoration simple but stylish. Very clean. Bed was comfy. Only slight complaints - my room didn't have air con and it was fairly muggy when I was there. Also, its not the most selubrious of locations with the 'Candy Bars' you have to walk past down Schillerstrasse. Still, as far as I can tell its fairly central to Munich and there's a nice bar just up the road for beer/food and a good patisserie on the corner if you miss breakfast. My only reason for 'not reccomend' is its location. The hotel is fine but I'd point a friend in a different direction.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Together with my wife and three kids (12, 13 and 15yrs) we passed a spledid week in Munich. Hotel Brunnenhof was vital during this week with its location, staff, food and service. We had a family room and although we were 5 it was even spacious. The bathroom had a twin sink and so two people could accomodate themselves at the same time. This hotel is located 6 minutes (3 corners) away from the train station and about 15 minutes away from Karlsplatz. The staff was very helpful and gave us a lot of good tips where we had to go and do. I really recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family