“Fantastic tour... highly recommended”
Review of Dark History Tours

Dark History Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$250.10*
and up
Munich in the 3rd Reich and WW2 private walking...
Ranked #6 of 132 Tours in Munich
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer exceptional walking tours in Munich and the surrounding area. We specialise in 3rd Reich and WW2 military history, archaeology and Medieval themes or can tailor a private tour to your wishes. We believe in using all the senses so expect to handle artefacts like ancient coins, replica armour and weapons, uniform pieces, original documents and photographs. We are also able to offer tours of the Dachau Memorial site with fully trained, tested and knowledgeable guides. Our private tours start from €160 for up to 4 people: check out our website for details
Reviewed October 23, 2013

My wife and I shared a day with Taff in early September... it was truly a highlight of our seven week European trip...

Taff is an incredibly knowledgeable guide who has a genuine passion for history and the city of Munich. Equipped with books, models, props, photographs and other interesting items, the tour was very enjoyable each step of the way. He even added stops during the day that he thought I would be interested in after he got to know me. To me this is the sign of a great tour guide, being able to think on the go and cater the tour to each clients tastes... even on the day.

Taff is a great guy to share a beer (or two) with and knows the best places to eat and drink around the city.

My wife even enjoyed it and she isn't a history buff at all!

Highly recommended... don't hesitate to book you will have a great day!

6  Thank MattSyd83
"hitler's rise to power"
"nazi germany"
"subject matter"

Reviewed September 12, 2013

This tour was hand crafted to my interest in Medieval history. As we walked around Munich, David explained not only what we were seeing, but why. His understanding of history is exceptional. My husband and I were so happy with the tour that we can't imagine taking a tour with anyone else in Munich. David was knowledgeable, fun, friendly and interesting. It was just perfect.

5  Thank mricker
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Taff is an amazing tour guide, that rare and wonderful blend of knowledge, unique personality, and hospitality. We scheduled a tour during our 4 day stay in June based on his stellar tripadvisor reviews and he exceeded our expectations. I highly recommend one of his tours even if you only have a day or two in Munich. He will tailor the tour to meet your interests and schedule and was more than generous with his time, even choosing to extend our tour to see a few more points of interest he thought we'd like. The experience was more like walking the city with an enthusiastic good friend than a tour guide. My son had a great time quizzing him on WW2 history and Taff didn't disappoint with his answers and insider knowledge (the X2 rocket being a favorite subject). My wife and her daughter were fascinated with Munich's history, architecture, and archeology and I appreciated his perspective on WW2 events and some of the historical churches around the city center. Taff has something for everyone and he held our interest throughout the tour. Can't say enough good things about Taff and his tours, so very glad we took one. Cheers Taff!

5  Thank David S
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I recently spent a weekend in Munich and was fortunate enough to stumble across Dark History Tours while reading this forum. On the day of my arrival, I attended a Radius walking tour of Munich which was simply average. I had previously made arrangements with Taff Simon (Dark History Tours) for later in the weekend which included a more in-depth historical walking tour of Munich, Third Reich landmarks, and a trip to Dachau. There simply was no comparison between the other company's tour and the experience I had in my small group with Taff. Dark History Tours may cost a tad more than the generic larger tours found elsewhere, but the outstanding quality, historical depth, and attention to detail that Taff includes as part of his tours places him clearly above the rest. For a brief and superficial experience on the cheap, look elsewhere. If you're interested in a more thorough experience with a well-educated historian and archeologist, Taff is your man. I will be returning to Munich and will not waste my time or money with any of the other larger companies. Taff clearly enjoys his job, feeds off of his clients' interests, and delivers a high-quality product. I would enthusiastically recommend Dark History Tours to anyone who is lucky enough to spend time in Munich.

9  Thank ward015