“Outstanding. Above the rest.”
Review of Dark History Tours

Dark History Tours
Ranked #14 of 130 Tours in Munich
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer exceptional walking tours in Munich and the surrounding area. We specialise in 3rd Reich and WW2 military history, archaeology and Medieval themes or can tailor a private tour to your wishes. We believe in using all the senses so expect to handle artefacts like ancient coins, replica armour and weapons, uniform pieces, original documents and photographs. We are also able to offer tours of the Dachau Memorial site with fully trained, tested and knowledgeable guides. Our private tours start from €160 for up to 4 people. Unlike other firms, ALL our guides have a background in history and heritage and have previously worked professionally in these sectors in roles as diverse as archaeologists, museum, theatre and film advisers. Discounts given for students (Of any age), seniors (65+) and serving or ex-military and first responders Suitable for history lovers aged 8 to 80. NEW FOR 2017: Munich Macabre - learn about the gross and grisly side of Munich´s history - the Black Death, "Witch" trials, Medieval murders. secrets of the sword, the impact of the 30 Year´s War - and much more. To book a tour, in the first instance please drop us an email. Note:Due to demand in high season, when attempting to book a private tour at very short notice we may not be able to deliver: in these cases we will endeavour to suggest another vendor who, in our opinion, offers a similar high quality service. If making inquiry for a very small private group, please let us know if you would be happy to share with another similar sized group (this will obviously impact on the price): Dark History Tours are more concerned with quality of tour, rather quantity - rest assured, we never run "monster" tours of diverse small groups and then call it a private tour.
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I recently spent a weekend in Munich and was fortunate enough to stumble across Dark History Tours while reading this forum. On the day of my arrival, I attended a Radius walking tour of Munich which was simply average. I had previously made arrangements with Taff Simon (Dark History Tours) for later in the weekend which included a more in-depth historical walking tour of Munich, Third Reich landmarks, and a trip to Dachau. There simply was no comparison between the other company's tour and the experience I had in my small group with Taff. Dark History Tours may cost a tad more than the generic larger tours found elsewhere, but the outstanding quality, historical depth, and attention to detail that Taff includes as part of his tours places him clearly above the rest. For a brief and superficial experience on the cheap, look elsewhere. If you're interested in a more thorough experience with a well-educated historian and archeologist, Taff is your man. I will be returning to Munich and will not waste my time or money with any of the other larger companies. Taff clearly enjoys his job, feeds off of his clients' interests, and delivers a high-quality product. I would enthusiastically recommend Dark History Tours to anyone who is lucky enough to spend time in Munich.

9  Thank ward015

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Taff Simon is one of the best history guides i have come across. The level of detail and real effort he puts into his tour is exceptional.He carries half of his artefacts with him through the busy streets of Munich to enhance the tour.Its well worth it from the student side! I can only highly recommend taff for anybody looking for an good value educational tour that you will find difficult to match. I will return to Munich and we will meet up again to learn more on another tour. Thank you taff.

8  Thank Jimmy R
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We learned so much about Munich from Dark History Tours. This was the best thing we did in the city. Fun and informative!

8  Thank abusymom
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and I visited Munich in June and had a wonderful tour of the city by Taff Simon of Dark History tours. He took us through the history of the city and really brought it to life. Taff gave us a comprehensive tour with pictures and artifacts and showed us the hidden details of the past. He is so knowledgeable about history and architecture, and he made it so interesting. No visit to Munich is complete without a tour by Taff!!

7  Thank CherylR12
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Taff comes into our school and presents to our 7 and 8 year old kids about archaeology.. they LOVE him! He brings costumes, artefacts, photos and so much information!! He knows how to talk to the kids, makes them think and takes all their crazy questions as a challenge! He is very well prepared and organized. I'd highly recommend him for any tours and presentations.. in fact I look forward to doing a tour with him when my next visitors are here!! :)

7  Thank BrettMac