All reviews train station main station hotel is located single room excellent location minute walk great shower standard room four nights mini bar per day city centre marienplatz armchairs immigrants roomy oktoberfest
Reviewed October 3, 2013

In summary, I was in the room merely to sleep for about 10 hrs time during an Oktoberfest inspired visit. For guests willing to pay a certain price point for comfort, an excellent location with respect to the Hauptbahnhof, City Center, and of course the Oktoberfest fairgrounds, I'd say give the hotel a shot. I was glad I did and I have no regrets because I like comfort and I've long since outgrown the 1-2 star hotel + hostel scene.

For starters the location cannot be beat for those having business in the city center. Don't let the cheeky casinos and strip clubs nearby dissuade you, the benefit of being just a half a block from the train station, the trams, and all that goes with the main train station (thinking lots of eating options) makes hotels in this district a compelling choice. Of course there are lots of hotels in this vicinity and I've reviewed a couple of them for that matter. The Drei Loewen is definitely the priciest of the three hotels I've stayed in around the Hauptbahnhof, but I believe the value is there provided you are in the market for a quiet hotel with appealing public spaces. This hotel is more than just a collection of beds for the weary and hungover.

THe woman at the front desk was very friendly when I checked in. My room wasn't ready because I arrived from my flight many hours before check-in. It was easy enough to leave my luggage and then duck into the mens room to change into attire for a day out at the Oktoberfest fairgrounds. Later in the evening, when I was in for the night, I found the room to be quite comfortable. The bathroom was even, dare I say, large by urban european standards. The wifi was included in my rate and the speed was OK for the most part. Room 409 was silent once I closed the windows that were left a bit ajar. However, I wouldn't say the room design was trendy or chic yet the decor was at a higher level than basic type hotels.

The lobby is nicely decorated as is the bar/restaurant area. It's obvious this hotel caters to a more upscale audience than many of the others hotels that populate this district. The hallways are nicely lit and everything about the hotel seems very clean and organized.

When it came time to check-out, being three minutes from the train station is indeed a great benefit. For those looking for a medium-upscale hotel selection in the city center, I think the higher price point is worth it for the raised level of comfort this hotel provides over its peers in the area.

Room Tip: Room 409 faced an inner courtyard. Very quiet room once the windows were closed.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank RegionalRoadie
Reviewed October 1, 2013

This is a great hotel with a great location. It is just a couple of blocks from the train station, and very close to all the tourist attractions, restaurants and shopping. Munich was very crowded when we were there, but our room was away from the street, so it was very quiet. We did not have a car, but were well within walking distance of everything we wanted to see. The room was beautiful, and very roomy. The breakfast in the hotel was very good.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Colleen M
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Booked a room there because it grants the possibility to book a table at the Oktoberfest. It is walking distance (20 min) from the Fest and (5 min) from the subway.
The hotel itself is average in a location that is not really the best to be late at night. Rooms are small, no airco, no closet.
The only positive is the breakfast.
I would recommend if you just spend one night.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Great service, centrally located, CLEAN and affordable.! The street is what it is. Central inner city so casinos and strip bars but this place is a gem. I got room service last night and it wasn't bad either! Breakfasts are 15 euro but WELL worth it...fresh everything and made to order omelets. For the price...outstanding...loved it

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Our room was very large and clean (although we had just arrived from Paris where we stayed in a tiny room so I may be overestimating the size). Nice breakfast included with the price of the room. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Not much of interest in the immediate area of the hotel, but was in walking distance to center of town and the train station. One downside was that our room was on the back of the hotel and there was noise late in to the night from some sort of club that faced the courtyard between the buildings.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends