“Excellent experience”

Ranked #97 of 382 Hotels in Munich
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent experience”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I spent two nights here during October two weeks ago. It offered a great location to the Octoberfest grounds, as well as good walking location towards the subway or center of the city. Thoroughly enjoyed my experience. I had expected minimal service because of the busy Octoberfest season and the large amounts of guests in the hotel. But every staff member, from the maids, breakfast waiters, front desk workers, and the bartenders were top notch and each one went above and beyond to make my experience memorable. The bartenders Patrick and Dennis were awesome and really completed the whole Munich experience. Having free wifi in the lobby was an added plus. Thanks!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Oliver S, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Munchen Central, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear Jack182183,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for rating us with 5 stars! I am very happy that your experience at our hotel was above and beyond expectations and you were able to enjoy the service of the entire hotel team!

Hope to see you back soon!

Oliver W. Schäfer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Our group of 12 people stayed here during one of Munich's busiest times of the year - OktoberFest. The hotel was very busy, however, the hotel staff maintained their "cool" the entire time and were very attentive and friendly. As I am Starwood Platinum member, the hotel staff made the extra effort to acknowledge my Platinum status, and ensured me and my guests were taken care of during our visit. The hotel location was perfect to the festival as well as a short walk to downtown. The hotel bar was lively and great for hanging out afterwards. The staff was helpful in coordinating day trips for our group as well as presenting recommendations outside the festival. I would definitely stay here again. Prost!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Oliver S, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Munchen Central, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear JayS0n_13,

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to write about your stay. I am very happy, that you and your friends enjoyed the time in Munich during the Oktoberfest and the customer service provided. I have already forwarded your comments to my team.

It would be a pleasure to see you back soon ! Thank you for your loyalty to Starwood.

São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Staff were very attentive and friendly, the room was spotless, comfy bed and clean.
Breakfast had a great selection.
The maid staff did a wonderful job cleaning the room while we were out and about and made sure everything was perfect: air conditioning, bathroom and bed were all great!
Literally a 15 minute walk to main Train Station (HBH).
Totally recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Oliver S, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Munchen Central, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear MonicaEi,

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to write about your experience. I am happy that you enjoyed your room, our staff, breakfast and the location !

Hope to see you back soon !

SF Bay Area
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stayed here for 5 weeks during a business trip. The staff there was very friendly and courteous. I met and chatted with all the staff. The value depends on the price that you booked it at. I got a great price since I booked very early and paid 82 Euros a night.

It's located about a 7 minute walk from Hackerbrucke station and 15 minutes from the Hauptbahnhoff station. It's very close and you can walk to the city center. Munich is very safe and you can walk pretty much by yourself anytime without being paranoid of being assaulted.

The room is clean and nicely decorated. Much better than the bland hotel rooms in Germering. I like how they have the shampoo and bodywash dispensers on the wall in the showers.

Internet is very fast here. Way faster than my internet at work and at home.

The gym is very small and this is the thing that bugged me the most. It is clean and well organized. They have a treadmill, an elliptical, and two types of stationary bikes. There's an adjustable weight bench and there are only dumbbells. I believe the heaviest dumbbell went up to only 30kgs.

This is the best and closest hotel to book during Oktoberfest. It's like a 2 minute walk from the
Big thank you to Juliana, Jihan, Elisabeth, Norely, Nancy and Alina (my housekeeper) for being so courteous and friendly to me.

Room Tip: Main elevator is painfully slow, so it's better to take the stairs sometimes.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tim S
Dear Tim S.

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your kind and detailed comment about your long stay. I am happy that you have enjoyed your visit and the courteou and friendly staff.

Regarding the missing weights, kindly contact me directly next time you plan to visit us so we can make necessary arrangements. I am sorry that you had to wait for the main elevator. We hope to the elevator in the upcoming year.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back soon !

Kind regards from the Oktoberfest,

East Meadow, New York
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Nice, clean. Very good breakfast (included). Excellent staff. The lobby and bar area is small, but drinks are good and the staff at the bar was excellent. We had a great time there after spending the day someplace else. About 20 or 30 minutes away from City center, but we walked it and fell good. Train station was 15 minutes away. We took the train to go to a Castle and also to Salzburg. When you look at the hotel from the outside it looks like nothing, but believe me, the price is right, room clean, breakfast good. I will definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank alicea97
Oliver S, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Munchen Central, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and for writing the review. I am very happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us and recommend it to other travellers.

Hope to see you back soon.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Excellent value hotel. The only negative is that is a little far from the main centre of the city -- about a 25 minute walk thru a bit of a seedy area. Staff service was excellent, rooms were clean, included breakfasts were average. Elevators were small and pretty slow at checkout time.

Overall we were very satisfied and would stay there again

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to write about your experience. I am happy that you enjoyed the service of the staff and you room. I am sorry that you were not happy with the breakfast.

Hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Nice functional hotel but for 225 euros per night it is over the top. Small lobby, basic breakfast where you can see and taste that they save on food costs. Gym was rather small; size of a hotel room. Just one elevator so ask for a room on the first or second floor. Staff is nice and service minded

Room Tip: Room on first or second floor due to limited lift capacity
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to write about your experience. I am happy that you enjoyed our service minded team. Regarding your comments about the lift we actually have a second elevator right behind the lobby bar. I regret that we did not fulfill your expectations regarding the breakfast.

I hope you will stay at our hotel again and enjoy your next stay more than the last one.