Novotel Munich Airport(Munich)(Great Value!)
$309
$401
$317
Priceline
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn Munich - Westpark(Munich)(Great Value!)
$341
$1,172
$1,078
Agoda.com
2,248 results
All reviewsfree mini barprivilege roomtrain stationmain stationsparkling watersuperior roomfree wificonvenient locationminute walkroom was largeside streetreception staffmunich hbfpretzelslate at nightnever felt unsafefour nights
Reviewed January 17, 2013

This hotel really has a central location. It is situated at walking distance from the rail station, even if you have big luggage. 5 min walking distance to the city center.
It has 2 elevators but they are always busy and need a key, so we used the stairs.
We had standart quiet room, not big, but it was enough for us. Our friends had Superior and it was bigger and had a cofee machine with capsules and free WIFI. The pillows were too soft for me.
The cleaning is OK, but the hotel needs a renovation.
Breakfast is very very rich.
Check your bills, it may have mistakes.

Room Tip: The rooms with windows to the patio are more quiet
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank KuitOdessa
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The hotel is about as well located as can be if you want to be in the city center. In general the hotel is clean and well run. They had problems keeping up with serving breakfast, which was quite bad and when I complained to the front desk they seemed disinterested. The rooms are small, but functional and clean.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
ChristinaBonertz, Manager at Mercure Hotel Muenchen City Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear Mercure Guest,

we are glad to read that you have enjoyed the city center location of our hotel.

Thank you very much for bringing your comments to your stay to our matter. We will investigate the mentioned situation to assure that similar situations will be avoided for the future.

We hope that we have the possibility to welcome you back in our house.

With best Regards

Christina Bonertz
Revenue Manager

Reviewed January 16, 2013

This hotel is a few minutes walk from Munich Central Station, the München Hauptbahnhof. It is linked by several 'subway' entrances at the main street that runs past the side road the hotel is on. Alternatively, it is possible to cross the main road and the main station entrance can be seen. It is a few minutes walk from Karlsplatz square (also a 'subway' and underground shopping complex) which can be used to cross the busy roundabout in order to get to the city centre (actual). It really is only a 5-10 minutes walk. The hotel itself is not on the most desirable of roads, sharing its narrow street with several hostels, a casino and a few other hotels. However, the reception is inviting and nicely decorated. Nevertheless, the gentleman who checked us in was very friendly and even provided us with a complimentary drink each at the bar. We were also given wireless internet codes for the duration of the stay, as well as complimentary mini bar and a bowl of fruit and bottle of table water as a welcoming gift in our room - however I think that this may be because we opted for the superior room. We were quite surprised by the size of our room, which was actually separated into two rooms! The bedroom had a king size bed, and was slightly larger than average sized room in my opinion. It came equipped with a kettle, a phone, a television, large wardrobe and safe. The bathroom was clean and well kept, and we had a separate 'living' area with a chez-lounge, a second television, a desk, chairs and minibar. The accommodation was tastefully decorated to a high standard. The gentleman did not mention that he had upgraded us to a suite at check-in, however I feel that this must be the case based on the descriptions of the rooms on the website that I had utilised prior to booking - I certainly was not expecting two rooms. The breakfast was great - lots of variety and some of the hot options (fried eggs) were actually being prepared fresh by the staff. It was very busy when we went, and there isn't much space, so we preferred to sit in the bar because it was quieter. The only issue with the hotel is that the wi-fi connectivity was atrocious! It would allow me to connect with full signal, sign in with my code on the webpage, and then the signal would disappear. It allowed me a minute at a time online at the most. I eventually gave up and used my own mobile at a cost to myself in order to find an address. In all fairness, we did not bring this up with reception so perhaps we should have done this before resorting to my own, however it came with the room tariff so it's not like we had really forked out extra for it and we were in a rush and it was easier than complaining. We only stayed for two nights, but I would not have any hesitation in recommending this hotel to a friend - as long as they didn't mind the terrible wi-fi!

Room Tip: Our room was 301 on the third floor. We paid for superior ROOM, but in my opinion were given either a standard or superior suite.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amy S

Dear Sir or Madame,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Hotel München City Center. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Christina Bonertz
Revenue Manager

Reviewed January 13, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed January 11, 2013

This was a nice hotel for a night in Munich. Staying in one of their standard rooms we found it modern and quite roomy, the bathroom was nicely designed too. We had a good nights sleep and enjoyed the later check out time of 12pm.The staff were helpful and the town centre and train station were a short walk away. The red walls may be seen as a bit strong but that's a personal opinion. Downsides would be no free wifi- one of few hotels I found during my trip that didn't offer it (I think you could sign up to their loyalty program to gain access, but I didn't need to be signing up for yet another loyalty program), and there was inexplicably a hole in the wall above the toilet- perhaps some unfinished maintenance work? We also weren't informed their was a complimentary minibar and didn't see anything in the room to suggest it was. It was far better than our last Mercure experience though and I wouldn't hesitate to suggest it to people visiting Munich.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family