Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Jim S
Really Clean and good service
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Nov 11, 2017
I stayed there for business during Oktober Fest because all the other hotels in Munich were very expensive. I always received good service and the place is new and kept very clean. The breakfast was good and it was nice to have the bar available for a beer after work.
Date of stay: October 2017Trip type: Traveled on business
2.5 miles from Mercure Hotel Munchen Ost-Messe
Co-working Space | WunderLocke
6.2 miles from Mercure Hotel Munchen Ost-Messe
View more hotels in Munich
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here in October 2017 whilst attending InterAirport at the Messe ICM which is only about 5km away.
Basic but fine for the two nights I was there.
I booked early as prices ticket during exhibitions and got a good deal.
Breakfast good and rooms ok too. Friendly staff. A 1.6 km walk to the U Bahn but taxis available no problem.
Longer journey into the city centre.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
Martin G, Front Office Manager at Mercure Hotel Munchen Ost-Messe, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2017

Dear Nigel M.,

Reviewed October 9, 2017

The hotel had very clean and confortable room. However, although the fee is high, it does not include breakfast. The hotel is also very far from the city center and the subway js quite far too. I would not recomend this hotel if you are not planning on travelling by car.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Martin G, Leiter Front Office at Mercure Hotel Munchen Ost-Messe, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2017

Dear Caroline C,
thank you for your given feedback.
We offer two rates. One rate is with breakfast and the other one without. So you can decide by yourself which rate you would prefer.
Unfortunately our location is a little bit closer to the fair groud because we are a fair hotel.
With the bus (in front of our hotel) its very easy to reach the publich transport.

Reviewed September 23, 2017

I booked this hotel through Trip Advisor for a quick visit to Oktoberfest, so I expected and I did pay a premium for the time frame. This was to be our final stop before returning to the United States. We were pleasantly surprised by the modern decor and the efficient check in at the front desk. However, I did notice that our room number had been changed three times which made me a bit nervous.

My intuition served me well. We were quite disappointed at the condition of our room. The light at the entryway wasn't working. The bathroom door was very difficult to close securely. The bathroom counter had serious water damage, to the point where a chunk of the counter was missing and wood was exposed. Not a good first impression. Then, my teenage son tried to take a nap on the portable bed that had been brought in, but he said it was just too uncomfortable. I suggested he take the mattress out of the frame and put it on the floor to see if that would be more comfortable. Surprise! That's when we saw many of the slats on the bed frame were either missing or broken. My husband called the front desk, explaining this situation to them and asked that they come collect the bed frame. They expressed no concern, not even an offer for another bed! We got more concern from the maintenance man who picked up the frame than the front desk staff. I began to suspect that we had been downgraded in room quality as we had booked through Trip Advisor in advance at a "discount".

The food served by the bar/restaurant(?) was also sorely lacking (note: this does not apply to breakfast as thankfully we declined the offer to pay 20 euros/person for the breakfast buffet). The menu only offered 3 types of pizza. I called to place our order and the young man at the front desk told me we would have to come down to pay and pick it up as he was the only one working at that moment. My husband volunteered, and brought the pizzas back to us. Truly disappointing - the worst food we had during our entire vacation! Not surprising, we had just as bad an experience that evening at a local restaurant recommended by the Hotel Merkure as we did on their premises. I relied on Trip Advisor for our dinner the next night, and it was well worth the train ride and walk.

I do hope that our experience was due to the Hotel Merkure being overwhelmed by Oktoberfest congestion. Regardless, our family will not be visiting their hotels again any time soon.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Martin G, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Munchen Ost-Messe, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2017

Dear BabsJ1964,
thank you for taking the time for your constructive comments referring to your stay. We do apologize for any inconvenience caused by this occurrence that does not show our normal standard. We have talked to our maintenanc departement to check the extra beds in a shorter time and control the rooms more intensive for damage. As we are a 3 star garni hotel, we do not have a restaurant and serve only snacks at the hotelbar. It will be nice if you give us the chance, to make a next stay to a pleasant one.
With best regards
Martin Götze

Reviewed September 19, 2017

The hotel was very quiet .I located at the back so maybe this is a reason for the quitness.
Nothing to see around except and ital and greek restaurant and MCdonalds.
The romm was clean , Fresh towels .
I propose to the management to have free parking for the residents

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Martin G, Leiter Front Office at Mercure Hotel Munchen Ost-Messe, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2017

Dear Dimitris A,
thank you for your given feedback.
In front of our hotel you will find a few parking places for free.
For our guest we just charge the reduced amount of 10 Euro instead of 16 Euro for the puplic garage.

Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for one night during a group tour of Europe and must say it was one of the better hotels I stayed in during the trip. The room and bathroom though not very big had good furnishing and fittings giving a feel of elegance. This was the only hotel on my trip that had a kettle in the room along with coffee and tea bags. The breakfast was very good I particularly liked their croissants.
Its not very near the city center but it is located in a quiet peaceful area.I enjoyed my stay here.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Martin G, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Munchen Ost-Messe, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2017

Dear Deepankar57,
thank you very much for the great feedback.
Best regards