“Loved it!”

Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre
Ranked #76 of 383 Hotels in Munich
“Loved it!”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Love this hotel. We stayed there with our daughter, aged 4 and planning on going there again next year April. It's very well situated, literally on top of the subway, you go into the elevator in the hotel lobby and down, right into the subway. It's clean, spacious rooms with excellent views over the city. Breakfast also very good. Would recommend to all

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
HI_Guest_Relation, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Cindy,

we appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experiences in the Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre with other travellers. We are very proud that we have received a 4 star evalution from you and thank you cordially!

It will be our pleasure to be your host again in April.
Until then all the best for you and your family!
Kind regards,

Franka Henke
Guest Relation

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Babylon, New York
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I booked this Hotel because it was budget friendly, is in a good location, and because I knew what I was getting - and I got that! The room was good size for Europe, clean, great location (very short walk to city center plus you are in Munich - walking around is fun!) and it had a bar which we went to every night we were there. We bought drinks, snacks, beer, etc in the supermarket under the hotel - also It wound up being very warm for October so i bought some t-shirts and a skirt in the super cheap clothing store also located under the hotel. We didn't eat breakfast in the hotel, i don't know why you would considering there was new places & things to try right around the corner. I have been to Europe a few times - Munich is an easy, clean and safe European city. Perfect to spend a few days there. Usually I don't like chain anything when traveling but I have to say it felt good to not worry and know what I was getting - no complaints at all! oh - one tip the pool is freezing leave your bathing suite home unless you go in the summer!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
RituAgni, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear PureVidaEva,

Thank you for your lovely feedback with useful tips for our future guests. It is our pleasure to be your host. Thank you once again for staying with us and recommending us further. Look forward to welcoming you with greater enthusiasm in the days to come.

Nvt
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Easy to find hotel with entrance reachable from the S-bahn. We booked the "Superior room", which was worth it because the rooms were very quiet, no outside noise (traffic, hallway).

Isartor is just 15 minutes away (walking) and then you're in the old city center, Marienplatz. Not even worth taking the S-bahn there. Deutsches Museum is right around the corner and definitively worth a visit.

Would stay again

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Sander V,
Thank you for your valuable feedback. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and were happy with the amenities, service and location. Thank you for staying with us and recommending us further. Look forward to be at your service soon with added enthusiasm in the days to come.

Guest relations
New Delhi
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Stayed in this hotel in Jan 2013 for 7 days, for a business trip. The location of the hotel is just perfect, in the Rosenhiemer plats metro complex, offers excellent connectivity to almost any wherever, including airport and Rly stations. Lots of good eating and shopping options nearby and even the famous Marine Platz only two station away. Rooms of the hotel are nice but on the smaller size. Break fast menu was lavish, but was same on all 7 days, should consider some variations. Hotel is otherwise very well maintained and serviced. A very good option in the heart of the city.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank shonababu
Dear shonababu,

Many thanks for your valuable feedback. We have changed lot of things since Jan 2013. I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised next time you visit us with upgraded flat screen TVs in all rooms, redesigned lobby etc.
Thank you for staying with us. Look forward to welcoming you with greater enthusiasm in the days to come.

Guest relations
Tervuren, Belgium
Reviewed August 4, 2014

It's big, impersonal and not cheap, but the room was good and the location excellent. Reception is undermanned for a place this size so there was always a sizeable queue, which may explain the less than welcoming staff. Has a good indoor pool and breakfast was enjoyed. Underground parking available but doesn't belong to hotel and is € 20 a day. WiFi was mostly inaccessible. But it is very close to city centre, the Isar river and the Hofbrau beer garden and an S-Bahn station is within the building complex, all of which made it a good choice for us.

Room Tip: High up if you want any kind of view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
RituAgni, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear BritRich 750,

Many thanks for your valuable feedback. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the location and the breakfast. It is our sincere effort to provide all our guests with friendly and efficient srevice. My apologies for the negative impression about the Reception. I will certainly forwrad it to the relevant department for the necessary action.

Thank you once again for staying with us. Look forward to restoring your faith in our amenities and services next time you visit us.

Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

This is my first time in Germany, I booked for 6 nights, when I arrived at first I had a disppointing feeling! I had to wait for 40 or 50 mins to get my room key!. No body took my bags out of the taxi & no body took it to my room,they don't have this service.My room was cold and comfortable.There was mini bar, iron with its stand, and heater. breakfast nothing special at all. The thing is I asked the reception for someone to take out all the mini bar so that I can use the fridge, when the man came up he said you have to pay 7 euros for me to do that. They could say that when I talked to them but they didn't! Asked for plates they said we will send it over, after waiting 30 mins I called room service NOT reception they say u have to pay 7 euros to get it. I didn't like that "ignoring" and I can't understand whats the BIG problem if the reception itself told me the rules instead of knowing by coincidence? . At last, WiFi NOT FREE charge you per hr per day whatever you choose which was odd. Normally, every hotel provide its guests with a free wifi. Over all? I had stayed in better hotels never worse! There are many hotels with the same great location and I bit that its better than this one.

Dear SarakMA,

Thank you for your most valuable feedback. My apologies for leaving a negative impression on you. I will certainly use your commenst to provide necessary training both to teh new and old employees toa void such situation in future.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

So this is my second time here at the Holiday Inn - Munich City Centre

The first thing I'll recommend to anyone is get yourself a IHG membership as it will allow you late check out, free wifi in room and room upgrade. For free!

Overall very very good

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank danfelix
Dear Daneflix,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. It is our pleasure to welcome all our IHG Rewards Club members. Thank you for your loyalty. We value your business and look forward to welcoming you once again with greater enthusiasm in the days to come.

Best Regards