I had to do 2 reservations (1 day + 2 days) to split the invoice on 2 different cards (personal + professional). This generated lots of issues the hotel seemed to have difficulties to deal with.
After the 1st night.
- in the morning 9am, the internet connection stopped working although we purchased a 24h connection the day before. This was weird but we thought it was a glitch. It prevented us to do some work - but it's life.
- the fridge didn't open (we had put some of our own bottles in there). It was weird too but we didn't pay too much attention to it, and we went out for the day.
When we came back in the evening, the room was locked (with all our luggage in there) and we had to go to the reception before going to bed. The staff was nice and reopened the room without issue.
In the room, there was a letter asking us to go to the reception - but as we just came from there, we figured everything was fine. Internet was still not working, fridge still didn't open.
Next morning, there is another letter at the entrance of the room asking us to go to the reception. We go to the breakfast. We are said that no credit card was entered (although it was entered at day 1 when we arrived), and that breakfast was 25€ per person. This is more expensive than what you get in a 3 or 4 star hotel. I ask twice that if I understand correctly what they say (we never know), but that's how much it is. We are hungry, so we give them our card. Obviously the quality was similar to what you get in any other low-cost hotel - something worth 10-15€ top.
During breakfast, we start realizing what is happening and that there is an actual issue because of the 2 separate reservations. We realize that the internet connection has been stopped by the hotel (it doesn't matter we paid for a 24h-long connection) and that the fridge was locked by the hotel as well.
We go to the reception and ask to resolve the problems. They recognize our conclusions are true, apologize, take the necessary actions. Back in the room, everything is working as expected.
In the evening when we get back to the room, we realize the room is locked again. Back to the reception one last time. They apologize again, and reopen the room.
We happily leave the next morning.
My conclusion :
- I don't understand why everything was not solved once and for all the first time we went to the reception
- the stay was very unpleasant and we had to deal with issues all week-end
- staff was very nice and polite but they only resolved problems one by one as we raised them
- breakfast price is obscene for what you get. I would highly recommend to go somewhere else if you can.
All in all, I am disappointed. Unless I have no choice, I will definitely avoid this particular chain of hotels in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre! Just over a quarter mile from the Deutsches Museum, this hotel in Munich offers comfortable rooms. The S-Bahn Station 'Rosenheimer Platz'is only 55 yards away, just 2 stops from the 'Marienplatz'.Located in a shopping complex, the Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre has air-conditioned rooms with comfortable beds, pillow menu, a spacious desk, free Internet, satellite TV, minibar and and tea/coffee facilities. Please be aware that we are a non-Smoking Hotel! Bavarian and international specialties are served in Restaurant Grat³. Snacks and cocktails are available in the newly renovated open lobby. The front desk is open 24 hours a day. Computers in the business Center in the lobby provide free internet access.Covered parking spaces are available in the public garage in the same building complex(against extra charge. The Munich Central Station can be reached in 10 minutes by S-Bahn, Munich's Airport (Josef-Strauss Airport)in less than 40 minutes. Important Information: Our pool is closed until further notice! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, IHG, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre Hotel Munich
- Munich Holiday Inn