“Good for Business or pleasure”

Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre
Ranked #74 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Pretty much what you'd expect from a Holiday inn, comfortable rooms, decent restaurant, friendly staff... no problems.
The real benefit of this hotel is it's proximity from the the clean and very efficient S and U bahns. The side exit of the hotel takes you into a small covered Mall and within 5 minutes your on the platform at Rosenheimerplatz with easy access to all areas of Munich and just a 35 min journey to the airport.
Alternatively a 15-20 minute stroll across the River Isor and your in Marianplatz square enjoying the atmosphere of this lovely city.

Room Tip: We found the rooms very quiet with little traffic noise.. We were north side (I think)
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
RituAgni, Guest Relations at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Dear Travelbloke,
Thank you for your lovely feedback with some useful tips for our future guests. Truly appreciated. I am pleased to read that we could meet your expectations and you enjoyed your time in our beautiful city.
Thank you for choosing us for your travel needs. We appreciate your business and look forwrad to welcoming you once again with greater enthusiasm.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Just returned from a business trip to Munich. This is my 2nd stay at the Holiday Inn here. One tip is to enroll in Holiday Inn's Priority Pass program. Wifi and breakfast was included in my package, cost for a major city (when there isn't a major event in town) is reasonable - for a room with twin beds, cost was about 120 Euro/night. The week prior there was a major convention in town, and the cost was over 300 Euro/night.

Rooms are clean, small (by US standards), don't have a room safe, but does have an honor bar, ironing board and coffee maker.

The buffet breakfast was excellent and had a large choice of foods.

The best feature of this hotel is the adjacency to the S Bahn - you don't even have to walk outdoors to access, there is an underground tunnel/shopping center that links the hotel to the train station.

You are only 2 train stops from Marienplatz, the heart of the city.

The hotel does not provide any toiletries - which is a bit surprising; but there is a grocery store next to the hotel that you can buy whatever you need.

Room Tip: Join the Priority Club before traveling, they have 2 floors for Priority Club members, however, the...
1  Thank ro953
RituAgni, Guest Relations at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Randy O,
Thank you for taking time and providing us with your feedback. Our location is mostly liked by all our guests. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the breakfast and liked your room also. We have the basic toiletteries available at the desk in case the guest needs them. Please do not hesitate to ask our friendly reception.
Thank you once again for staying with us. I look forward to welcoming you once again in the near future with added enthusiasm.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Just back from 3 days in Munich staying at this hotel. Used to Holiday Inns and am Priority Club member. This hotel could not be better re transport into the city centre and to and from the airportand has a handy supermarket and other shops downstairs in the shopping area. Hotel is excellent, Breakfast is super with loads of choices - all fresh and the staff friendly. Plenty of restaurants nearby as the restaurant in the hotel is a bit pricey.
Only downside was the dark empty passageway we had to walk very late at night to get to the hotel from the S Bahn , would not have liked to have done it on my own.
Apart from that everything was great even the weather ( 23 degrees +)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
RituAgni, Guest Relations at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Dear Jen M,
Thank you for your lovely feedback with useful tips for our future guests. The appreciation from our guests is our true award. It motivates us to go the extra mile.
Many thanks for your loyalty as PC member. We value your membership and look forward to welcoming you once again with greater enthusiasm.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Very good hotel near the centre of Munich. A pleasant 10 minutes walk to the centre, crossing the Isar. Cannot find anything to fault with the hotel. Room good and clean, buffet breakfast good and to top it all a very good indoor pool to relax after a stressing day! The Hotel shares an underground car park which costs 20 per day.

Room Tip: Our room was at the back. The rooms appear to be well insulted. If you want to sleep with the window...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Wehr,
I appreciate your positive comments about our location, cleanliness, the buffet breakfast and the indoor pool. I am glad that you could enjoy the surroundings too. Thank you for choosing us for your short trip. I hope to welcoming you back with added enthusiasm in the days to come.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Staying at this hotel for about 2 weeks, cos of S-Bah / U-bah and also the connected supermarket, thus my husband pick this hotel. This is my 1st time staying in this hotel.
1) Room - ok
2) Bathroom - Not ok, woman essentials was not provided , we got to call house keeping to request, i find it was rather troublesome, thus i buy my own , cotton wool , cotton bud.
3) Breakfast - everyday is the same! After 2 days of the same breakfast, it turn me off! And it charged 9 Euro.
4) Housekeeper - attitude ok , but cant communicate . Request for cotton wool / buds , but the house keeper does not understand me.

Overall, ok. The next time i will not pick this hotel. Still prefer next door Novotel Hotel.

Dear WennKoh75,
Thank you for taking time in providing us with your most valuable feedback. I am pleased to read that the location and room were upto your satisfaction. My apologies for not rising upto your expectations of available vanity items and the breakfast offered. It is our sincere attempt to offer variety of food items including fresh fruits, gluten free choices etc. to make a healthy start of the day. The live cooking station generally suits everybody's taste. However I have made a note of your observation and will certianly share it with the relevant department to reconsider improvements.
Thank you once again for staying with us. I hope to regain your trust in our facilty and services next time you visit us.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed here for 5 days on a business trip, the location of the hotel was very good, connected to the sub way not far from the city center. over all the hotel was very good.
this hotel does not offer free Wi-Fi you need to pay 35 EURO for one week. hotel is connected to a good supermarket, breakfast was great however it is too crowded.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
RituAgni, Guest Relations at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear Mohamed E,
Thank you for taking time and sharing with us your thoughts about our facility and services. I am glad our location worked out very well for and you liked our breakfast and facility over all. I agree it is sometimes busy in our breakfast area during the peak hours. We recommend our guests to utilize the off peak hours if possible for a much relaxing expereince.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future with added enthusisam.
Kind regards

Reviewed April 23, 2013

This was a quick overnight stay necessitated by an airline strike, so I chose this hotel in order to get the opportunity to see part of Munich. The rooms were comfortable and reasonably quiet. Of course my travel agent forgot to provide my Priority Club number, and I forgot to mention it at check-in, otherwise I'm sure I would have receied an even nicer room. I didn't get a chance to enjoy the breakfast as I had to get back to the airport. There are several nice restaurants in the area, along with a subway stop.

Dear Larryd6578,
Thank you for choosing us for your travel plans and for leaving us the positive feedback. I am glad that you liked your room. It is always a good idea to mention the PC membership number at reservation so that you get the PC benefits at check in e.g. already prepared registration card, room blocked on the PC floor when available, free water etc. I am sorry that you had to leave without enjoying our breakfast buffet. I look forward to welcoming you back soon in the days to come.