“Big hotel in Munchen Centrum”

Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre
Ranked #73 of 389 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Very good location, close to Munchen centrum, swimingpool access available (it´s great when the weather is bad). MAny stores and restaurants available at short distance. Child friendly, spacey lobby, the breakfast is diverse but quite crowded.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank sanradu
HI_Guest_Relation, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear sanradu,

Thank you very much for your comments.
We highly appreciate you including the Holiday Inn Munich – City Centre in your travel plans.
It is our first goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodation.
We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel so much and look forward to welcoming you once again to Munich and to our Hotel.

Kind regards,
Julia
Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,816)

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Spent 4 nights in this hotel during the last week of February. This was the second time I stayed in this hotel in the past one year. I liked the hotel the first time and hence selected this again when I visited Munich. I was not disappointed. The hotel staff have kept their tradition and this time too I really loved the stay. The hotel lobby was less crowded this time as I guess it was off season. My check in and checkout was quite smooth. The rooms were clean and the breakfast was good. Of course, the location is really convenient as the rosenheimer platz s-bahn station is quite near. I will prefer this hotel again on my next visit to Munich

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank zanju

Dear zanju,

Thank you very much for your recommendation.
It is excellent that you enjoyed your stays so much, and your words encourage us to keep our service on a high level.
We look forward to welcoming you again to Munich and to our hotel.

Kind regards from Munich,
Julia
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn City Centre and found it rather expensive. Granted ,I was a last minute check in but the price started at 145 Euro and my last night ended up at 225 Euro. On top of that I had to pay for an internet connection at 13 Euro for 24 hours. The location is however excellent. Close to the S Bahn which can be accessed without stepping outside ,which is a big plus when the weather is bad.
However I changed hotels due to the high cost and was accomadated at Motel One just down the road for 69 Euro a night and 9 Euro for excellent breakfast and free wifi !
Sorry Holiday Inn you realy dissapointed me this time.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
RituAgni, Guest Relations at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear NairobiJeremy,

Thank you for taking time in providing us with your most valuable feedback. It is disheartening to know that you were disappointed with our hotel. It is usually busy during the fair period not just in our hotel but all around the city and therefore the rates are different. It is economical to reserve the room in advance to avail our special offers including breakfast etc.

Your opinion is important to us and therefore I will certainly share it with the relevant department. I look forward to welcoming you once again and to regain your trust in our facility.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I often use the Holiday Inn for my business trips to Munich. Its really convient for the S Bahn and has good access ( all indoors) especially in the event of bad weather. I like the fact I know I am going to get a good room and good service The lady who takes your room number for breakfast always makes me smile and helps me with my poor attempts at German.

Whilst on the last visit check in and out was good , it has been slow on some occasions at peak times. Overall its a good hotel for business or leisure whilst in Munich

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
RituAgni, Guest Relations at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Rob R,

Thank you for providing us with your most valuable feedback. Your satisfaction is our true reward. I will certainly pass on your lovely comments to our breakfast team so that the colleague can be recognised. I agree that sometimes it is extremely hard to avoid the undue delay in the check in and check out due to heavy rush. However, we encourage all our guests to use express check out or Kiosks for a speedy service.

Thank you once again for including us in your travel plans. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you once again to the city of Munich and to our hotel.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

A well located hotel, there's a subway entrance right under it. The hotel is really clean, and looks pretty new, both inside and outside the rooms. Just across the Deutsch museum, and near the river, very nice if you want to go running somewhere

breakfast is lar vege and varied, the restaurant open only in the evening offers quite a decent choice of food, and quality is present too. Quite a break from the traditionnal Bavarian food. Special note about the bar, they have a barman like you do not see anymore these days, someone who know the job and speaks several language, and have humour in all of them. Bravo to Gian Carlo!

The swimming pool on the 2nd floor is heated and clean, a really nice feature, specially after a long day wlaking or spent in meetings

I was given a room on the 10th floor, with a gorgeous view on the city. I believe this is how they upgrade a platinum level. Room was quite, clean, standard but like new. I will definitely come back to this holiday inn if I have to stay in Munich again for business or leisure.

The only "cons" no restaurant open at lunch time, but you can order bar food (not what I was looking for after the good diner we had the day before. And the upgrade, my room at the exception of the floor and the view, was not larger than others. But my status was recognized and I got some benefits : 1 free drink and a discount at the restaurant

Room Tip: High floor facing the city to enjoy the view
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear FFM9,

Thank you for taking time and sharing your experience with us. I will certainly share your kind words of appreciation with the bar staff. I am very happy to hear that you liked your upgraded room and was satisfied with all the amenities offered.

Thank you once again for your loyalty as our esteemed PC Platinum member. It is our sincere effort to excel the expectations of our valued guests like you and therefore we value your feedback. I look forward to be at your service once again in the days to come.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn for 2 nights as part of a group booking. The Hotel is perfectly situated for access from the airport (S8 line) and then onto the centre, which is either a 5-10 minute walk or a further 2 stops on the underground. The hotel is clean, with a great bar, clean pool and good buffet breakfast (youre best to pre-book the day before and get 50% off).
The twin rooms are a good size as you would expect from a large hotel.
Our group enjoyed the stay and if returning to Munich would definately stay at the Holiday Inn again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
RituAgni, Guest Relations at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear Jonhem,

Thank you for your nice feedback and useful tips for our future guests. It is my pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay and our location worked out very well for you.

Thank you for chossing us for your stay and for recommending us further. I look forward to welcoming you once again to our hotel in the days to come.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We booked here because we were in Munich for 5 nights and we wanted a suite. We knew the hotel as we had stayed next door at the Novotel last year. For us the position was great. Lots of local restaurants, a pleasant walk to the centre of town, English garden etc. and a covered garage. It is of course a very large hotel with lots of guests, including flight crews who arrive and depart every morning. The reception copes well with the quantity of guests so there's no point in complaining about a wait. The breakfast is very slick and serves a selection of food for everyone. We ate in the bar one evening and found the food prices quite reasonable and the food and wine good. The pool was very cool to get into but once there is was great. The rooms I saw were not large but it was clean and the beds were comfortable. We included the internet and breakfast in our booking so there was nothing to annoy us when we paid.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank penwer
RituAgni, Guest Relations at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Penwear,

Thank you for including us in your travel plans. I am glad that you were happy with the breakfast selection, room amenities and our location. Thank you once again for your nice feedback.
I look forward to welcome you once again to our hotel with added enthusiasm.