“Great hotel, especially for the brand”

Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre
Ranked #74 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Once again, I traveled this hotel for a conference. I have to admit, when I heard we were going to a Holiday Inn I was slightly concerned. I have to say though, this hotel pleasantly surprised me. It was a very nice property. There is a grocery store in the attached building, the city center is about a 15 minute walk from this property. There is a lot of meeting space, although slightly spread out and slightly confusing on the layout, but once you figured it out it was no problem.

Pros:
Nice hotel, very clean.
Nice location, easy walk to amenities or quick subway ride
friendly staff
lots of meeting space

Cons
-shower head was a switchable height shower head, that would only stay in the down position. (This was a common problem with my other team members)
-room was slightly small, but no smaller then standard European rooms
-Tv only had one channel in English, News. So if you speak only English, bring entertainment,

Overall though I would recommend this hotel and would go back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
RituAgni, Guest Relations at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Dear Clyde_Betts,

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. I am happy to know that you found our location convenient for your business needs. Each one of us is dedicated to provide superior service and your kind words motivate us to go the extra mile.
I apologize that the position of shower head was not very comfortable. I will certainly forward your comments to the appropriate department to be used to reconsider improvements needed.
The upgrade to Flat screen TV is planned this year and will bring more English channels to our selection. Once again, thank you for your further recommendation and your patronage. We hope to have the honor of serving you again in the future.

Warmest regards

Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Excellent location. Other things about this hotel is good. Clean, tidy, location is the best.

I have been to this hotel many times. It is sad that i never any smile from the hotel staff, reception desk. Why? I saw many reviewer also wrote the same thing... why does the hotel management pay attention?

No free wifi. The hotel could have provide it free at least at the lobby area since this consider as biz hotel.. but NOOOO... no mercy. You must pay forbit and its not cheap too...

I still choose this hotel in my frequent visit to Munich..but after so many years, Holiday Inn is still consisteny SMILE-LESS and PRICEY WIFI....

• Stayed: March 2013
RituAgni, Guest Relations at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear S W,
Many thanks for taking time in leaving us a feedback. I am glad that you liked our location and the cleanliness. It is my pleasure to read that you choose to stay with us frequently and therefore I value your observation. Thank you for providing me with the opportunity to improve our service to your satisfaction. I understand that the WiFi is the need of the day and it is included in our high floor city view rooms. Please let us know if you would like to choose one of our high floor city view rooms and we will be more than happy to assist you accordingly.

I look forward to welcome you with higher and friendlier service standards next time you visit us.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

As a member of ICH's loyalty scheme I always look for a Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza or InterContinental when travelling on business. Munich is not great for choice here, so I always default to this property.

Quality is decidedly average, service sometimes great, sometimes poor, but I keep coming back. Why? 1/ It's a HI, you know what you are going to get 2/ It's very well located, not too far from the city centre and some great small restaurants around the corner (try the Afghan restaurant). I have a number 3 reason too, but its not for all - RUNNING, walk 5 minutes and head North with the River Isar to your left and you can run for miles up to the English Garden and on quite easy terrain. Maybe I'll see you there one day, if running isnt your thing it's very close the the German Museum too.

One final point, when I work, I dont always eat out, and use in room service - this place has a VERY limited menu, maybe 5 main course items - it's a bit like scooby doo scenery once you've been a few times...but until they build a CP or an ICH, this is my less than perfect hotel choice.

Note prices vary wildly, Munich is a big conference town, and I've paid 60 euro and 200 euro for the same uninspiring room, so book early.

Room Tip: Go with the flow, not a great deal of difference whatever you get!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lee-in-Newcastle
RituAgni, Guest Relations at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear Lee-in-Newcastle,

Thank you for your most valuable feedback. I am pleased to read that you like our location and the nearby walking trail. I have made a note of your observation about our room service menu and will certaily share it with the relevant department.

Thank you once again for your loyalty as a priority club member. We value your business and look forwrad to welcome you with higher service standards next time you visit us.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

i stay here for 2 nights in my last visit to Munich, everything in the hotel is up to the mark, good lobby, cleaner room and very nice swimming pool. Metro station is in the basement with shopping center which is very convenient. Wifi is too expensive. breakfast is good but should go early or late to avoid rush.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ashok_patel
RituAgni, Guest Relations at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Mr. Patel,

Thank you for taking time in providing us with your most valuable feedback. I appreciate your nice comments and useful tips for our future guests. Wi Fi is included in our high floor city view rooms. We also have two computers free in the lobby for our guests to use. I hope this info will help you next time you stay with us.
Thank you once again for staying with us. I look forward to welcome you once again in the future.

Warmest regards

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Excellent hotel and superb after service, food and bar always efficient even when busy! Can be queues at checkout and breakfast which is a little annoying!a short walk up the hill is a Paulaner Keller which serves a fantastic pint of salvator Beir .

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank LukeLawrence
RituAgni, Guest Relations at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear LukeLawrence,

Thank you for your nice recommendation. It is truly appreciated. Our primary goal is the guest satisfaction. Your words of appreciation motivate us to work harder. I agree that our service is sometimes delayed due to high ocuupancy or in house events. We do recommend our guests to use the express check out or Kiosks for quicker service. Thank you once again for your patience and understanding. I appreciate you choosing us and look forward to welcome you with greater professionalism.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here for one night but would willing stay here for a longer period.It is well situated and very handy for all main sites.Reception staff were friendly and the room, whilst a little compact had all you needed with both bath and shower.I would not pay 23 euros for breakfast but, if included in a deal as ours was, then take it. The choice was superb with items being forever replenished.Bar area also very relaxing,but prices on the high side.Very handy for transport around the city and the airport.,If two or more are travelling together always get a Partner ticket as it allows up to 5 people to travel for only 10.60 euro.A great deal.

Room Tip: LEVEL 7 and above for city view.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank klammer

Dear Klammer,

Thank you for your useful tips to our future guests. We appreciate your further recommendation. Many thanks for staying with us. I hope to serve you with greater enthusiasm next time you visit us.

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

My aunt my mother and myself stayed here as our last stop in Germany. The staff were friendly,helpful and very well spoken. Our room was spotless and comfortable. Breakfast was great. The S-Bahn stop is a short walk through the shoppibg centre and its just 2 stops away from the city centre - Marienplatz- i would defnitely stay here again!

1  Thank Kopgirl10

Dear Kopgirl 10,

Thank you for taking time and recommending us further. It is our pleasure to be at your service. I look forward to welcome you once again to our hotel. Thank you once again for including us in your travel plans.