“Great location, friendly staff”

Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre
Ranked #74 of 389 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I spent five nights here! Staff was very helpful and friendly. Our room had two twin beds but they let us check in early after a red eye flight so we were happy. Not much room in the room to walk with our suitcases, but it's europe so pretty expected. Grocery store and s-bahn right downstairs so very convienent to get all over town. Overall it was a great stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012
RituAgni, Guest Relations at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear Bexterstravels,

Thank you for leaving us the kind words of appreciation. I am pleased to hear that you had a great time. Early check in is sometimes extremely hard due to the ongoing conferences or seminar in house. We make every effort to make your stay more enjoyable and hope to please each of our guest with complete sincerity. It is therefore very nice to hear back from our valuable guest like you.

Thank you for choosing us for your travel plans. I hope to be at your service once again in teh days to come.

Ritu

Write a ReviewReviews (2,814)

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights with my husband at the beginning of February. I found the hotel to be extremely clean, comfortable and in an excellent location. Our room was quite a decent size with an immaculate bathroom containing a bathtub and shower. The staff were all very helpful and professional. The housekeeping staff, bar staff and reception staff all did an excellent job at making our stay as pleasant as possible. We didn't eat at the hotel so I cannot comment on that.The location of the hotel is great- from Munich airport, just take the S8 line to Rosenheimer Platz- the hotel is right there and you can access it from the underground. It is a 10 min walk to Marienplatz (or 2 stops on the train). There is a selection of shops in the little mall under the hotel including a pharmacy, supermarket and coffee shop. I can't really fault this hotel except to say that the cost of wifi is really expensive , but this seems to be common in Germany.I had an excellent time and I hope to return before the end of the year- can't recommend it highly enough!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank soot1977

Dear Soot1977,

Thank you for your useful tips to our future guests and your further recommendation. Your entire team of Holiday Inn is committed to the guest satisfaction. Your praise motivates us to go the extra mile and make your stay extra pleasant. Thank you for staying with us and letting us serve you. I hope to welcome you once again to the beautiful city of Munich and to our facility.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

As someone who travels professionally on everage ten times a year, and stay at 4 star hotels,I know when I get superior service.

From my first approach, I was treated with extreme professionalism and straight forwardness, knowing exactly what can be expected.

Needless to say that during my 6 day stay all of the hotal's staff did everything to exceed my expectations!

Specifically, I would like to commend and praise, Ms Viktoria Poor, Assitant to the CEO,
Ms Ritambhara Agnihotir - rooms division supervisor, Doina Melinkova - front office clerk
Who really got out of their ways in order to fulfill my sometimes extraordinary wishes.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Ms Katzenstein,

I appreciate you taking time and leaving us such a nice feedback. It is my pleasure to hear that we could exceed your expectations. I will certainly share it with all the staff members. I look forward to welcome you back with higher service standards and added enthusiasm.

Best regards

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I would like to thank Rita (Guest Relations) and Daniel (Restaurant - breakfast area) for their impeccable assistance and courtesy. They should both be considered for a promotion.

Hotel in general looks very well kept, the pool is outstanding and the staff has been very helpful and friendly.

Having to pay additional 10 euro for the gym adjacent to the hotel, was not pleasant; however this is already a discount for the Holiday Inn hotel guests, which makes it better.

Internet rather expensive.

Regards,
Roxana M.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rox M

Dear Ms Roxana,

Thank you for your encouraging words. I will certainly share them with our team. Your satisfaction is our true reward. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope to serve you soon with greater enthusiasm in the days to come.

Best regards

Reviewed February 11, 2013

It is very convenient being situated by the public transport. The staff is friendly and helpful, contrary to my experience in Accor hotels. It needs a sauna though, the pool is quite cold for a winter visit. Bed is confortable, bathroom is very good, breakfast is impressive but lacks fruits. A decent hotel for its price.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
RituAgni, Guest Relations at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Dear Revmm,

Thank you for taking time in providing us with your most valuable feedback. Our team is committed to the guest satisfaction and we truly appreciate your encouraging words. The breakfast buffet does include a variety of fresh fruit selection. I will certainly share your feedback with the restaurant to see if we could add some more fruit choices.

Thank you once again for your business. I look forward to welcome you soon.

Warm regards

Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stayed at this Holiday Inn just before Christmas, It is very convenient being situated by the U bahn. The staff were very friendly, extremely helpful - and as our German is minimal they did a great job of understanding us.

our room was very comfortable but a wee bit noisy at night being at the back overlooking loading bays but the views of the alps during the day made us forget all about this.

The breakfast was outstanding and the bar cocktails highly recommended as are the bar staff.

If anyone is considering a stay in Munich I would reccommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank pickytraveller_10
RituAgni, Guest Relations at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear Picky traveller_10,

It is nice to hear that you had a good time at our hotel. I will certainly share your positive thoughts with our team.

Thank you for staying with us and recommending us further. Truly appreciated.
I look forward to welcome you once again to munich and to our facility.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

The Holiday Inn City Center is a relatively large hotel with all the amenities you would expect from HI. The rooms are nice size, bedding is comfortable, great showers, no issues with internet and (my favorite) windows that open. The restaurant and bar are on the main floor and were perfect for my needs. I was with a number of business associates that stayed at the Hilton and the Le Meridian, the Holiday Inn bar was by far the best of the 3. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The area it is in is not touristy, there is a small “mall” with clothing, pharmacy, grocery stores, etc. you can access right from the hotel. This was great for grabbing water/snacks or anything you may have forgotten to pack. It is convenient to tourist areas 5-10 minute walk to museums, marktplatz and train station. There are nice walking/jogging paths straight across and down from the entrance that run along the river. It appears they would be very nice in warmer weather not so much in January. The hotel is not luxurious but nice place to stay on business and/or prefer the feel of larger western hotels.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Michael L,

Thank you for leaving us a nice feedback. I am pleased to hear that even though you were travelling on business, you could relax at our bar. Each one of us here, is committed to the guest satisfaction and your kind words motivate us to go the extra mile.

Thank you for including our facility in your travel plans. I hope to serve you soon with greater enthusiasm.