“I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel”

Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre
Ranked #78 of 383 Hotels in Munich
Tel Aviv, Israel
“I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

As someone who travels professionally on everage ten times a year, and stay at 4 star hotels,I know when I get superior service.

From my first approach, I was treated with extreme professionalism and straight forwardness, knowing exactly what can be expected.

Needless to say that during my 6 day stay all of the hotal's staff did everything to exceed my expectations!

Specifically, I would like to commend and praise, Ms Viktoria Poor, Assitant to the CEO,
Ms Ritambhara Agnihotir - rooms division supervisor, Doina Melinkova - front office clerk
Who really got out of their ways in order to fulfill my sometimes extraordinary wishes.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
RituAgni, Guest Relations at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Ms Katzenstein,

I appreciate you taking time and leaving us such a nice feedback. It is my pleasure to hear that we could exceed your expectations. I will certainly share it with all the staff members. I look forward to welcome you back with higher service standards and added enthusiasm.

Ritu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I would like to thank Rita (Guest Relations) and Daniel (Restaurant - breakfast area) for their impeccable assistance and courtesy. They should both be considered for a promotion.

Hotel in general looks very well kept, the pool is outstanding and the staff has been very helpful and friendly.

Having to pay additional 10 euro for the gym adjacent to the hotel, was not pleasant; however this is already a discount for the Holiday Inn hotel guests, which makes it better.

Internet rather expensive.

Regards,
Roxana M.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Rox M
Dear Ms Roxana,

Thank you for your encouraging words. I will certainly share them with our team. Your satisfaction is our true reward. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope to serve you soon with greater enthusiasm in the days to come.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed February 11, 2013

It is very convenient being situated by the public transport. The staff is friendly and helpful, contrary to my experience in Accor hotels. It needs a sauna though, the pool is quite cold for a winter visit. Bed is confortable, bathroom is very good, breakfast is impressive but lacks fruits. A decent hotel for its price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
RituAgni, Guest Relations at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Revmm,

Thank you for taking time in providing us with your most valuable feedback. Our team is committed to the guest satisfaction and we truly appreciate your encouraging words. The breakfast buffet does include a variety of fresh fruit selection. I will certainly share your feedback with the restaurant to see if we could add some more fruit choices.

Thank you once again for your business. I look forward to welcome you soon.

Warm regards
Crieff, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stayed at this Holiday Inn just before Christmas, It is very convenient being situated by the U bahn. The staff were very friendly, extremely helpful - and as our German is minimal they did a great job of understanding us.

our room was very comfortable but a wee bit noisy at night being at the back overlooking loading bays but the views of the alps during the day made us forget all about this.

The breakfast was outstanding and the bar cocktails highly recommended as are the bar staff.

If anyone is considering a stay in Munich I would reccommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank pickytraveller_10
RituAgni, Guest Relations at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Picky traveller_10,

It is nice to hear that you had a good time at our hotel. I will certainly share your positive thoughts with our team.

Thank you for staying with us and recommending us further. Truly appreciated.
I look forward to welcome you once again to munich and to our facility.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 4, 2013

The Holiday Inn City Center is a relatively large hotel with all the amenities you would expect from HI. The rooms are nice size, bedding is comfortable, great showers, no issues with internet and (my favorite) windows that open. The restaurant and bar are on the main floor and were perfect for my needs. I was with a number of business associates that stayed at the Hilton and the Le Meridian, the Holiday Inn bar was by far the best of the 3. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The area it is in is not touristy, there is a small “mall” with clothing, pharmacy, grocery stores, etc. you can access right from the hotel. This was great for grabbing water/snacks or anything you may have forgotten to pack. It is convenient to tourist areas 5-10 minute walk to museums, marktplatz and train station. There are nice walking/jogging paths straight across and down from the entrance that run along the river. It appears they would be very nice in warmer weather not so much in January. The hotel is not luxurious but nice place to stay on business and/or prefer the feel of larger western hotels.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Michael L,

Thank you for leaving us a nice feedback. I am pleased to hear that even though you were travelling on business, you could relax at our bar. Each one of us here, is committed to the guest satisfaction and your kind words motivate us to go the extra mile.

Thank you for including our facility in your travel plans. I hope to serve you soon with greater enthusiasm.

Olympia, Washington
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Great location... Right on the S-bahn, it's downstairs, no need to even go outside. So very easy to navigate Munich. Also helps getting to the airport, east side of downtown gets you there on the S8 in a jiffy.

Rooms are clean and comfortable, everything you need. Coffee in the room. Minibar, but a bit pricey. Quiet rooms due to quality construction. Pillow chices (soft or firm). Bathrooms very nice.

Breakfast buffet is outstanding, from typical German to a full English, to endless fruits and cereals. Several juices and coffee choices. Also a nice job of labeling (e.g. Gluten free, etc.. For those who need it.)

Lobby bar is a lobby bar, but hey, you are in Munich, why stay at the hotel in the evening?

Two treasures close by, a) the Deutsches Museum, sadly needs a coat of paint and a little more funding from the Govt, but this is truly my favorite Museum in the world. (full of tech, science, industry, music) b) Wirsthaus in der Au - a wonderful, very popular German resteraunt, some business travelers, but mostly locals, no tourists! :-) great food and beer, it's a short walk, ask at the desk.

There is a pool, large, but unimaginative, if laps are your thing you will be all set.

I have stayed here in the slow winter months as well as during Oktoberfest and always found the staff to be friendly and capable.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
RituAgni, Guest Relations at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear OlyRanger,

Thank you for your kind words and useful tips for our future guests. I am pleased to read that you stay with us each time you visit Munich. I will certainly share your nice feedback with our team. The recognition and appreciation from our guests is our true reward. Your words motivate us to exceed guest expectations.

Thank you once again for your loyalty. I look forward to welcome you with greater enthusiasm in the days to come.

London
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

You know what you're getting with Holiday Inn. Nothing spectacular, but good rooms, good shower, good bed and a good breakfast. Staff here are friendly and welcoming, and there is a nice open lobby bar run by a very affable team.

So not much to grumble about. Parts of the hotel could do with a lick of paint and an update, but it's still a neat, clean place.

Internet access is extortionate, but that seems to be the way it goes in Germany in general.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Chrissleight,

I appreciate you providing us with your valuable feedback. I am pleased to hear that our service and facility were up to your satisfaction. We have internet included in our high floor city view rooms in case that interersts you for your future stay.

Thank you for chossing us for your travel plans. We look forward to welcome you once again soon.