“Good location efficient service”

Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre
Ranked #75 of 389 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights during Oktoberfest, not a hotel if you are looking for a luxury stay but hotel does well for all basic services. Employees are helpful despite being busy. Buffet breakfast was the highlight.. huge variety.

Room Tip: In case you find the breakfast buffet expensive @ 25 Euros, there are plenty of options available in...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
RituAgni, Guest Relations at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear Raj202,

Oktoberfest is one of the busiest times of the year and certainly most joyous time too both for the city and for the hotel. I am happy to read that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet and were satisfied with the service. Thank you for staying with us and for leaving us such nice comments.

We look forward to welcome you with much enthusiasm in the days to come.

Ritu

Write a ReviewReviews (2,814)

Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

This is a generally good 3/4 star holiday in a good location. I was here for a conference and the location for a walk to the centre 10 mins and on top of a subway station was good. The breakfast was of good quality as well as lunch. The bar area is a bit dated and the service chaotic. The room was clean but dated (they still have old style TV's) Check out was a challenge. This is a cheap (although paid 115 Euro a night) and cheerful hotel so you get what you pay for and don't expect too much. I only stayed here as this was the conference hotel but would generally avoid Holiday Inn's as they all tend to suffer from the same issues. This is a group hotel and good for a night or two. Past that avoid it, there is much better nearby like the Novotel up the road.

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear CZonholiday,

I appreciate your honest feedback. I am glad that you liked our location, breakfast buffet and your room. It is our priviledge to host big events and conferences in house and therefore I agree that check in and check out sometines is delayed due to heavy rush. We always encourage our guests to use the express check out in case of no extra charges or pre paid reservations. I am pleased to share that the TV sets are up for replacemnet with Flat screen sometime this year.
Thank you for staying with us. We value your business and hope to serve you with enhanced service standards in future.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

This is a large chain hotel from which you expect good things and it's nice when it comes about. It is incredibly convenient being directly above the underground and that links to the airport without ever having to step outside which was great for us in mid January. We had a junior suite which was a very reasonable price and allowed us the freedom that one of us was tired the bedroom was separate to the lounge and office nook. If I had any complaint it would be that the only 2 free English language channels were both news channels, but there were pay per view channels for movies etc. But who goes overseas for TV right ? There are heaps of attractions within an easy walk including the Deutches Museum (a must see) a cultural centre almost across the road and a heap of great eateries, The bakeries are truly amazing. In the subway arcade below there are 2 large supermarkets where you can buy almost anything. There are also lots of pastry shops and an amazing deli. Do take the S8 train into Marienplatz to see the city centre, it is jaw droppingly awesome if you admire incredible old buildings.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
RituAgni, Guest Relations at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear Cole P,

Many thanks for your wonderful comments about our location and connectivity. Your tips would certainly help our future guests. I would like to add that S8 is the train that brings you directly to the hotel from airport but for Marienplatz, you can hop on to any train going to city center. All of them make a stop at Marienplatz. Also I am pleased to share that the TV channels upgrade is planned this year. Thank you for your positive way of looking at our English Channels limitation. We are certainly a short walk from the major sights.

Thank you for staying with us. I look forward to welcome you once again soon.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed here for two nights on a business conference. There was a slight queue for check-in and check-out, but for a hotel of this size that's pretty good. The room was comfortable and had everything needed. A few negative points, but nothing major:
* the bar staff one evening were not really on top of their game; taking some time to take an order, and then not delivering it without a reminder
* wi-fi not included - and costing about 15EUR for a day. Sure, par for the game in Munich, but still - this kind of thing should be a standard service these days; and shouldn't cost twice as much as using my mobile data roaming for the day
* odd one this one - but I couldn't find a power socket next to the bed. Is it just me who uses my phone as an alarm clock and charges it overnight?
Overall a good hotel and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank terrycjones
RituAgni, Guest Relations at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Dear Terrycjones,

I am pleased to read that you were satisfied with your room and our service. I trulty appreciate your understanding for the unavoidable delay sometimes during check in and check out due to the heavy rush. We do encourage our guests to use express check out when they have no extra charges or the room is pre paid.

I would certainly share your comments with the bar staff to see where we need training to exceed guest expecations in future.
Wi Fi is certainly the need of the day. We guarantee a quality and high speed internet connectivity. The charges were recently reviewed by the management and are fairly competitive for our area. We do have it included in our high floor city view rooms.

Thank you for choosing us. We value your business and hope to rise upto your expectations next time you stay with us.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights back in September 2012. The hotel is conveniently located right down the road from a station that served both metro and suburban trains that will get you to the city center and the airport. It's a Holiday Inn so you know what to expect from an accommodation perspective. That said, my complaint is the fact that WiFi was an additional charge and only available in the lobby. Seeing as how it's 2013 (I guess 2012 when I stayed there), I'm surprised that places still charge for WiFi and that it wasn't available in the rooms.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank csayer
RituAgni, Guest Relations at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Dear C Sayer,

Thank you for taking time to leave us your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you liked our central location. The WiFi is available throughout the property. The charges are fairly competitive for our area. I am sorry to read that it did not work for you in the room.
Thank you once again for staying with us. I hope to welcome you once again to our hotel with higher service standards.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I stayed here on my way to India. Even though the US and British airforce flattened Munich during WWII it is a great city. The hotel is ideal and conveniently located near all the best Third Reich sites.

Clean, close to the S Bahn and the city center

Also visit the museum, the German technical museum right new to the hotel. FANTASTIC museum of technical innovation. You could spend an entire day there!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank International48
RituAgni, Guest Relations at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear International48,

Thank you for your positive feedback and further recommendation. Look forward to welcome you once again to Munich and to our facility.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I needed to stay in Munich over the weekend between two two work weeks. A colleague from the local office suggested this hotel for its convenient location and I wasn't disappointed. This is a nice hotel with rooms with very modern decor and the best part is that it is situated right across a subway line from which you can take a direct train/subway to the Munich airport. The neighborhood has plenty of restaurants and overall very pleasant. If I return to Munich again I'll probably stay at this hotel.

Have a good trip and I hope you found this review useful!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 2ndThoughts

Dear 2ndThoughts,

It is nice to read that our location worked out very well for you. I am happy that we lived up to your expectations. Thank you for choosing us for your travel plans. Your further recommendation is greatly aprreciated. I hope to welcome you once again to our hotel soon.