“Nice hotel, but overpriced for the value”

Munich Marriott Hotel
Ranked #69 of 385 Hotels in Munich
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Pros: Easy access to and from the Munich airport via Lufthansa bus stop around the corner from the hotel. Also located near Nordfriedhof U-Bahn Station (U6), which makes accessing the city easy. Staff was helpful. Very nice spa and fitness area. Clean, modern rooms. Decent breakfast selection (although expensive if it's not included in the room!)

Cons: Expensive plus very slow wi-fi.

There are newer reviews for Munich Marriott Hotel

Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is in the north of the city and unfortunately the 2 Courtyards closer to the city centre were fully booked; I had to stay here on business for 2 nights and I arrived into Munich airport from London and took a taxi which cost around 55 Euro to the hotel.
The reception staff were more interested in chatting to their colleagues and I didn't get the usual Marriott friendly, efficient treatment.
When I found out my room was the farthest away from the lifts this made me even more disappointed.
Anyway on the plus side is they have a nice swimming pool and gym although it is on the small side and limited equipment and no rowing machines.
Will try and avoid this going forward.

Room Tip: Ask the receptionist before you just take what they give you!
1  Thank EnglishmaninJavea
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I recently stayed at Marriott Munich for two nights on business. Hotel is in a residential neighborhood, there is a subway stop 5 minutes walking distance away from the hotel and then a quick 15 minute subway ride on U6 to Marienplatz. The room was clean, had very modern furnishings, WiFi signal was strong and network speed decent, exercise room was clean and well maintained, breakfast had a good selection of food. There is no concierge lounge, but the breakfast room serves drinks and snacks from 6-10pm for gold and platinum members. Overall, the hotel facility lives up to the Marriott standard, however the service is a hit and miss. Staff at front desk and breakfast was friendly. On the second day I came back from work, I found that the cleaning staff took away all the dirty towels but didn’t leave any clean towels and didn’t empty any of the garbage cans. On the morning that I was checking out, there were only two people at the front desk and I basically had to wait in line for 20 minutes to check out. I was glad that I didn’t have an early flight to catch otherwise I’d be even more annoyed. That was just unacceptable given the size of the hotel and it being a business hotel where majority of the guests checking out in the early mornings.

Couple of tips for future guests. I parked in the underground garage, 24 euros a night, if the weather was a bit nicer (it was snowing when I stayed there), I would’ve just parked on the street for free, there was plenty of free street parking around the hotel. There is a small grocery store a block away, if you don’t care for spending 4 euros for a bottle water in the mini bar, you can buy your supplies there.

1  Thank Huskies92
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Everything about this hotel was excellent. It is in a quieter area of Munich, but within walking and subway access to restaurants, shopping, etc. Staff was very helpful/professional, rooms were clean and elegant, hotel perks were very nice, and business center was easily accessible if you needed to print documents (staff was available at the business center to assist - very nice detail). I was able to find parking on the street each night...that might have been luck. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for about a year ago and have generally positive experience from my stay there. The hotel is well located not very far from the airport and close to metro, serivce is ok and the food is great. If you are in Munich you must try different types of local bears they are just amazing!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great hotel! My boyfriend and I wanted to hit Oktoberfest for a couple of nights and were surprised that this Marriott was available (booked about 45 days out) and that I could use my points as well. Being a platinum rewards member, they gave us access to the executive lounge (set up in the restaurant but I can't remember if that was because they were remodeling, or not??) with a nice buffet of snacks and yummy German beers. We had a great, modern room. It was perhaps too comfortable since we planned to hit the festival when we arrived but couldn't be bothered once we got comfy in the awesome Marriott bed (and in all fairness, it was raining and we'd had a long journey). Speaking of rain, it did make for an unpleasant walk from the subway station to the hotel--we thought it was closer but was actually about 10 minute walk, which is fine, unless it's pouring rain. We loved the big pretzels at check-in! The breakfast was fantastic. If we weren't so hungover, we also would've loved the pool area downstairs before our train ride out. ;)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anne-B737
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This hotel on Munich's middle ring road off of the end of Autobahn 9 has relatively spacious, well appointed, quiet, and comfortable post-modern rooms. It is about 20 minutes from the airport by car when there is light traffic. Garage parking is a little pricey. A subway station (U-bahn) is nearby to help explore the city. This place is nicely situated for a walking tour to nearby green space (the English Garden) or a shopping mall.

Dining and health/fitness facilities offer convenient in-house options. If you were wondering about perks at this hotel, you have to inquire about them because they are not revealed up front.

Room Tip: Higher floors provide better view.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business