Munich Marriott Hotel
$144
$125
Hotel Website
1,326 results
All reviewschampions barelite membersu bahn stationresidential areabusiness centerlobby barbreakfast buffetlufthansa buscity centreenglish gardensubway stoppretzelsshort walkminute riderooms are nicestandard roombusiness trip
Reviewed December 16, 2011

My wife is a very light sleeper and so I always phone ahead to request a quiet twin bed room.
This was honoured by the Marriott, 5th floor room 550. Some small noise during day from building work next door the old Siemens Nixdorf building.
Unfortunately we were on a floor full of Japenese tourists (nothing against Japanese or tourists) that banged doors all night, shouted down the corridor, all decided to get up at 6am and more noise. We had already planned to ask to be moved, when the 'icing on the cake', the housekeeping or reception had not 'cleared' the 'fancy' phone/alarm clock alarm which went off at 6am. My wife only had 2 hours sleep and felt unwell for the first day to explore Munich's Christmas markets.
I asked to speak to the manager, and a Mr Holger Lackermann took the time to listen to our problems, and showed real concern, even though we had booked the hotel on a cheaper advance deal pre paid and no changes booking.
We were each given a free buffet breakfast that morning, and when we did move into the alternative room on the 7th floor number 718 a bowl of fresh fruit and water was left for us by Mr Lackemann.
There were some other minor gripes, slow room service (45 minutes), cold soup, housekeeping not replenishing cups.
Mr Lackemann even let us stay past 3pm on our last day free of charge as we had a 6pm flight home.
If you are reading this Mr Lackemann - I thank you once again for your genuine concern and kind actions towards us.
Some tips if you are a verylight sleeper:-
Avoid side facing main road, not noisy but you can hear a little bit
Ask for room at end of corridor near Siemens building, as building work only during day.
Rooms in block above pool/spa there is ahum of lift noise, minor but could effect light sleepers

Spa/Pool - excellent free steam, sauna, whirlpool, pool
Location 3 minutes walk from U bahn 'Nordfriedhof' - tip buy day cards for value
Local food/shops bakery, cafe, supermarket at U bahn 3 minutes
Room quality - excellent, room in fridge space for few own items, room safe, tea/coffee making
Housekeeping - erratic took cups not replacing, same with bathrobes
Food - because room service was slow my wifes soup was cold (they did refund), Marriot Burger I had excellent although a bit cold. Plenty of choices in the restaurant.

Our stay rescued by Mr Lackemann.

Room Tip: Rooms over pool block have a small level of lift noise Ask if your floor has a tour group! Rooms near old Siemens building which is being demolished you can hear some noise during the day
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NA1960
Reviewed December 8, 2011

While the location could be slightly more central, the rooms are spacious and modern and the staff very efficient and friendly.

The only downside which always puts me off is when hotels impose a rip-off wireless internet charge - EUR 19.90 for 24h usage in Marriott Munich's case. GIven that there is hardly any marginal cost of providing this service, the hotel should be ashamed for charging for something that is absolutely essential for business travellers.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank wdonson
Reviewed December 5, 2011

I've stayed several times in this property in the last years. The staff is always very friendly, the service outstanding. The Champions Bar is a very nice place to eat and watch football, the food is excellent and inexpensive. The pool and gym are also fine. The rooms are newly renovated with fantastic beds and big flatscreen TVs. Last time I've stayed there I had my birthday. A birthday cake and a bottle of prosecco awaited me with best regards from the hotel. I'll come again.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Stayed here for work. Nice, clean and well appointed hotel. Gym open 24hrs, and pretty good for hotel gym. Swimming pool a little small and shallow. Mainly for children.

Rooms were reasonable size, and well appointed. Would have liked a brighter room. Housekeeping and room service were both prompt and polite.

It's a couple of minutes walk to U6 metro line.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Nice and clean rooms, lovely hotel staff and a wonderful Paulaner tavern in the basement. Dont miss the breakfast, absolutely amazing!

I´ll stay here again for sure!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business