WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #74 of 391 Hotels in Munich
Thornton Cleveleys, United Kingdom
“Well looked after”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

I checked in quite late. I was givena warm welcome by a trainee I think and she did very well in informing me that my details were correct and that I had been given an upgrade

It was no ordinary upgrade, it was a suite. It wasnt just any suite either, it had a kitchen a bar a sofa and 2 armchairs a desk a dining table a bathroom and nice bedroom. Wow!!

I went to the lounge and had great room service whilst I was there. check out the veg stir fry, simple and good to eat at 10.30pm.

Breakfast was Pretty good, nothing special. It would be nice if they would serve you and have Breakfast tea to hand.

Nice people in the lounge too.

Reason for not giving full marks was that housekeeping entered my bedroom before 8.00am without knocking and a guy came in later whilst I was on a conference call.

LOOK AT WHO HAS CHECKED OUT FIRST!!!

I will return and hope to be looked after again, and left in bed!

Room Tip: Put a do not disturb BEFORE you go to bed
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bianca S, Executive Office at Hilton Munich City, responded to this review, August 1, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us a feedback about your stay.

I was delighted to read that you had a great stay at our hotel and that we reached our goal of creating an unforgettable stay for our guests.

Please do allow me to apologize for the inconvenience caused. I already passed it on to our Front Desk Manager and Housekeeping team in order to make sure that this will not be repeated.

Kind regards,

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Canberra
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Munich City for a couple of days as an opportunity for my brother to fly in from London while my wife and I visited Munich. The main point is that the staff were very friendly (especially on the executive floor) and the hotel is on top of a subway. Although if you get good weather you can walk into town no problem - it is not too far from some trendy areas that are more local focused and less touristic. A little renovation is needed, but if you get a good price for a room and are happy to get the train then the hotel is a good choice. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Fifth floor is the executive level...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Munich City.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. At the moment we are planning our renovation and we hope to get started it as fast as possible.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

We have very mixed feelings about our stay here. The staff were very good and helpful. However the hotel fell below Hilton standards. First, when we checked in they told us the room was ready but it was not. We booked a room for three yet there was sleeping only for two and towels for two! Further, the room was quite shabby - the carpeting was badly stained and the wallpaper falling off the walls! The positives were the helpful staff and the breakfast which was included in our rate. We booked through a discount online site. Had we paid full rate with no breakfast we would have been quite angry.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to give us a feedback about your stay.

I was sorry to read that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. I can share with you that we are planning our renovation at the moment and we hope to realize it in the near future.

It was great to read your positive feedback about our hotel staff as they are our biggest asset in making our guests feel cared for, valued and respected.

I do hope to welcome you back to Hilton Munich City in the near future.

Lake Forest, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

The Hilton Munich City was my third hotel in 5 nights. All I can say is that it was by far the best. The staff was fantastic, the room was clean and inviting and the location was perfect for my visit to Munich.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Bianca S, Executive Office at Hilton Munich City, responded to this review, July 30, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us a feedback about your stay.

i was delighted to read that you had a great time at our hotel.

We look forward to being able to welcome you back to Hilton Munich City in the near future.

Frankfurt, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is well located in the heart of Munich. A lot of sights are close by.
Our room was spacious and bright - but a little touch up wouldn't hurt.
The lobby looked a bit dark and not a welcoming as I expected.
If you just over night, its perfectly fine.

Stayed March 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Munich City.

We always want our guests feel cared for, valued and respected and it´s great to know that you experienced this. Thank you for your comments about our lobby, we believe the arrival and first impression is very important so we will look into this.

Kind regards,

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

We stayed at the Munich City Hilton for a long weekend, as my wife needed to work in Munich for a couple of days. We thought we'd bring the family.

Upon check in it turned out that we didn't have the connecting rooms we'd asked for. They took a while to get them ready, but it was sorted out within 30 minutes (fair enough). Our stay was very comfortable, and the housekeeping service was excellent - kept up with 2 young children constantly being messy.

The location is great - a few metro stops from the city centre, a train ride to the airport, a short walk to any number of decent restaurants and bierkellers, and a tram ride and metro ride to the zoo. Also fairly close to a couple of supermarkets and cafes. The bar downstairs is decent as well, great beer as with nearly everywhere in Munich, and a good selection of whiskies.

I enjoyed my stay. The only problem was that we'd been misquoted the rack rate by our booking agent, and ended up paying about twice as much as we'd budgeted for. That was the only unpleasant experience.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank JinWee T
Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us a feedback about your stay.

You seem to have really enjoyed your stay with us, delighted to read this! It was also really nice to read you enjoyed the city and our location.

I was sorry to read your comment about the problems with the rate. May I suggest next time that you contact us directly as we do offer a best rate guarantee when booking on Hilton.com.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

This used to be my go to hotel when staying in Munich. It is in a terrific location with the S-Bahn station literally underneath the hotel. This makes is very convenient to travel around the city and to and from the airport. The staff here have always been very friendly and accomodating. The rooms however are in desperate need of updating as they are mostly worn out and pretty beatup after years of use. It's recently become very crowded here and prices have sky rocketed so that the hotel isn't worth the price of admission anymore. They also charge 25 Euro/day for wifi which is very costly. I'd recommend staying near Ostbanhof station as there are newer, more updated and less expensive hotels that give you more for your money.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SpartyGirl888
Bianca S, Executive Office at Hilton Munich City, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear guest,

Thanks for taking the time to give us a feedback about your stay.
I was happy to read that you enjoyed the location of our hotel and our service.

I was surprised to read your comment about our internet pricing as we reduced our prices in April basis on guest feedback which we were receiving.
We now charge €10 per day or €5 per hour.