Hilton Munich City
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
Mariahilf(Munich)
2,777 results
All reviewsthe executive loungerosenheimer platzs bahndirect accessdiamond memberconcierge desktrain stationbreakfast buffetconvenient locationchristmas marketmini barpublic transportstopscityelevatorgasteigeuros
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Although it's apparent that this hotel caters to business travelers, I very much enjoyed it as a leisure traveler. It's within waking distance of most of the city's sights and directly above a train station. Because I was staying on Hilton Honors points, I was placed in a deluxe room, which featured a bit more space and free soft drinks from the minibar. It was clean and very quiet. All the staff members I interacted with were polite, efficient, and helpful, especially the concierge, who helped me book a tour.
Overall I think the hotel was a decent value, especially since I was able to use points. I ate one afternoon snack in the cafe and ordered room service another night, and was pleasantly surprised by the quality. I was also pleased to see that they lowered the price of the WiFi between the time I booked and the time I stayed. It was pricey before but the new rate isn't bad for this type of hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Bianca S, Executive Office at Hilton Munich City, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear Guest,

I want to take the opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Munich City and for sharing your experiences with us.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed the time at our hotel. Especially your comment about our hotel staff was great to read because they are our biggest asset in creating an unforgettable stay for our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Munich City in the near future.

Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Had a hard time deciding between this Hilton & the Hilton Park Munich. When the taxi passed the Hilton Park, I knew I made the best decision for holiday travel!

The train station is less than half a block. The bar was nice and the breakfast was incredible! Hilton Diamond Status perks were even better! Fantastic location!!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Munich City and for sharing your experiences with us and other travelers on tripadvisor.

I was delighted to read your positive feedback about your stay. We are always trying to create an unforgettable stay for our guests and we want them to feel cared for, valued and respected. Therefore it is great to read that we achieved this.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Munich City in the near future.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

The rooms were alright. Ours was adjoining two rooms. Housekeeping was very nice. Concierge was also very helpful. Breakfast buffet was nice. The fridge in the rooms have sensors so if you nudge one of the items there they would assume that you used that item and have to call them if you didnt so its sort of an annoyance. The guest space in the fridge was also rather small so that could be a problem. There is no free wifi available in the rooms and have to go to the lobby for the hotel's public wifi which was kind of slow.

The good thing is that they have an elevator going down to an exit leading to the underground railway system. But there are small restaurants to dine in and cheap but good quality shops to check out before taking the escalator to reach the trains. The hotel is only a few stops away from the shopping district Marienplatz so thats quite convenient.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Bianca S, Executive Office at Hilton Munich City, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Munich City and for sharing your experiences with us. Without your feedback we would not be able to improve our services adn product.

It was pleasing to read your feedback in which you were satisfied with your stay and our service.

It is a Hilton Standard to offer free wifi in the public areas of the hotel, however we have reduced our internet prices to €10 per day or €5 per hour since the middle of April. We also offer mini fridges available to rent for guests who need more space to store personal items.

I hope you had a comfortable journey home and I hope to welcome you back to Hilton Munich City in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 26, 2014

I regularly stay this hotel since 17 years ago. Good location, usual hilton standard with German practicality. No noisy tour group. I sometimes try other hotels to find new things. But this hotel make me at home.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Munich City and for sharing your experiences with us and other travellers on tripadvisor.

I was very pleased to read that you had a great time at our hotel. We always aim to create an unforgettable stay for our guests and to make them feel cared for, valued and respected.

We look forward to welcoming you back again as our loyal guest back to Hilton Munich City in the near future.

Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

We had a nice stay at the Hilton, although some of the rooms were more like 3 star quality. Nothing bad, but nothing fancy. The hotel is also a bit of a walk to the Marienplatz, although it is the case that the U-bahn is directly under the hotel. No reason to stay at the airport if you have an early flight as we were to the airport in about 35 minutes.

Breakfast was very impressive here. The executive lounge was also pretty nice but doesn't compared to Berlin.

No pool.

Overall, a fine stay with no problems. But don't expect 5 star luxury

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

First of all I want to take the opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Munich City and for sharing your experiences with us and other travellers on tripadvisor. Your feedback is very important for us in order to improve our services and product.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time at our hotel. It is great to read that you were very satisfied with our breakfast buffet and thus you had a good start for your day. Thank you for your feedback regarding our rooms, we are at the beginning of the planning process of a refurbishment which will cover the entire hotel which we hope to commence in the near future.

I hope you had a comfortable journey home and we look forward to welcoming you back to
Hilton Munich City in the near future.