“Nice hotel - poor internet”
Review of Hilton Munich City

Hilton Munich City
Ranked #80 of 383 Hotels in Munich
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Nice hotel - poor internet”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Nice Hotel located within walking distance of the city but Hilton wanted 25 eruo for the room internet that did not even work. Plus they charged me 88 Euro for a 15 minute phone call. Stay at the Holiday Inn nearby

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Bianca S, Executive Office at Hilton Munich City, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all I want to thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Munich City and for sharing your experiences with us and other travellers on tripadvisor.

As I could read from your comment you were not completely satisfied with your stay. Please do allow me to apologize for this.

Regarding the internet I can share with you that it is a Hilton Standard to offer free wifi in the public areas of the hotel. But I am pleased to be able to share with you that we reduced our internet prices to €10 per day since the seventh of April.
I was sorry to read your comment regarding the phone call and the high charges. We do have a price list by the phone so our guests know the costs in advance.

I do really hope to welcome you back to Hilton Munich City in the near future.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Chihuahua
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the hilton during our last bussines trip to south Germany, and it does has the quality all Hilton have in Europe. Cozy rooms, very well trained personnel and great breakfast. My only 'but' will be the bar personnel: not corteous.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Bianca S, Executive Office at Hilton Munich City, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Munich City and for sharing your experiences with us. I hope you had a comfortable journey home.

It was great to read that you were satisfied with your stay. I was surprised to read your negative comments regarding our bar personnel because normally they are very popular to our guests but I will certainly discuss it with them.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to Hilton Munich City in the near future.

MUNICH, Germany
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Whenever I have visited Munich DE, I have stayed at this hotel unless fully booked, because every staffs, room and furnitures could make me satisfied a lot. In addition, the location is nice to visit zentrum of the city and the S-Bahn station is just beneath the hotel. I was indeed satisfied at the latest stay from 21st to 25th Mar.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences about your stay at Hilton Munich City with us and other travellers on tripadvisor.

I was pleased to read your positive feedback. We are always trying to create an unforgettable stay for our guests therefore it is great to read that we achieved our goal.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Munich City in the near future.

Richmond-upon-Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Very reasonable, efficient staff, all pleasant. Rooms looked in need of TLC but nothing to worry about - comfortable bed and very clean throughout. €29 for breakfast is a bit extravagant so that's a negative point, as is free WiFi only in the reception area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank WelshwizardK10D
Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to give us a feedback about your stay at Hilton Munich City. This is very important for us in order to improve our services and product.

I am happy to read that you had a good time with us. We always want our guests feel cared for, valued and respected.

I am sorry that you think our breakfast and internet price is too expensive. Regarding the breakfast I can share with you that we offer rates including breakfast as well. For those guests who prefer something smaller there is the opportunity to enjoy a snack at our Café Cino or to use our a la carte service.

Regarding the internet I am pleased to share with you that we reduced our internet prices to €10 per day since the seventh of April.

I do hope to welcome you back to Hilton Munich City in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Second visit , its an ok Hilton , nothing bad , nothing great , good staff on reception , decent rooms , make sure breakfast is included in rate otherwise its 25 Euros , also charging 29 Euros for wifi connection in 2014 is not good . Would probably try elsewhere if i return .

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank mick48dc
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us a feedback about your stay at Hilton Munich City. Your feedback is very important for us in order to improve our services and product.

As I could see you were not completely satisfied with your stay.
Regarding the internet I can share with you that it is a Hilton standard to offer free wifi in the public areas of the hotel. But I am pleased to inform you that we decided to reduce our internet prices to €10 per day since the seventh of April. I hope this is to your satisfaction.

I hope that you enjoyed your time at our hotel apart from that and I do hope to welcome you back to Hilton Munich City in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I have just enjoyed a 6 night stay at the Hilton Munich City while attending a conference at the Munich International Congress Centre. My rate was 199 euros per night for a standard room, but being a diamond Hilton Honours program member, I was upgraded to an executive floor room on the 4th floor and given complementary access to the club lounge on the 5th floor which was much appreciated. The style of the room was very much in keeping with what you would expect from a Hilton hotel. The room was very comfortable although the bathroom facilities were fairly basic.

The club lounge was excellent and provided breakfast, afternoon tea and cakes and evening canapes and drinks which were of a good standard. In particular, the coffee and pastries were outstanding - as good as anything you'd find at a patisserie in Paris. My compliments to the pastrie chefs! Several mornings I decided to enjoy breakfast at the main restaurant on the ground floor where there was a wider selection of foods available including an egg station. I also dined at the main restaurant several times for dinner and found the food and service to be of a high standard.

I used the hotel gym daily which provided an adequate selection of cardio and resistance machines.

What was most convenient about this hotel is its location above the Rosenheimer Strasse underground train station which provides direct access to the airport and is only two stops away from Marienplatz in the city centre.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and would certainly stay there again on my next visit to Munich.

Room Tip: If you can afford the extra to stay on a club floor room, the use of the lounge and complimetary br...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank ___Dr__J0Hn___
Dear Guest,

I want to take the opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Munich City and for sharing your experiences with us and other travellers.

I was pleased to read your positive and detailed feedback about your stay. We always want our guests to feel cared for,valued and respected therefore it is great to see that we achieved our aim and that you enjoyed your stay immensely.

We are already looking forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Munich City in the near future.

La Vernia, Texas
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

I travel a lot and the service was great and the location was superb. An easy train ride to anywhere in the city. Never had to leave the hotel to catch a train on cold winter mornings. Highly recommend this place when visiting Munich.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Justin K
Bianca S, Executive Office at Hilton Munich City, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Munich City and for sharing your experiences with us and other travellers.

It is great to read that you enjoyed your time at our hotel. Our aim is always to make our guests feel valued, cared for and respected. It is great to read that we lived up to your expectation.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Munich City in the near future.