“It is a good choice” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #76 of 381 Hotels in Munich
beijing, China
“It is a good choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

The hotel locates a good place and the room are clean eough. It is normally a good choice for business trip and the staff in the hotel are very professional and you could get necessary support if you need. The traffic is also very convenient. You can get Taxi easily at the main entrance and the location to the airport or to the trainstation is acceptable - 5 min to trainstation 25 min to airport.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Bianca S, Executive Office at Hilton Munich City, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us this positive feedback about your stay at Hilton Munich City.

I am happy to read that you had a great time with us. Our team always wants you to have an unforgettable stay at our hotel and our team members are our biggest asset. Therefore it is great to read that our colleagues did a great job.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Munich City in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

After two below expectation nights in Sindelfingen, I was relived to be back in the consistency of a Hilton property. That being said, here are my thoughts from my two-night stay.

Lobby - Well designed w the concierge, restaurant, elevators, and reception desk all separated by enough space that traffic flowed very well throughout.
Staff - Extremely helpful, courteous, and timely. Kudos to the staff and leadership team.
Room - My room was of average/expected size, very clean, had ample work space, and the bed was very comfortable. Consistent w other reviewers, I would agree that the room finishes are starting to show some wear, but not to the point where it is in need of immediate repair.
Bar / restaurant - The one meal that I did eat at the hotel was at the bar because the restaurant was filled, and the variety, taste, and quality of the evening menu to be average at best.
Internet access - Easy to connect, great speed, but the 25 euro charge was nothing short of a crime. In 2014, Internet access should --NOT-- be a separately chargeable item, and should be built into the cost of the room just like the electricity, water, TV, and all other included fit and finishes. I'm not sure how widespread this pricing model is across the global Hilton chain, but mimicking the airline "extras" pricing model needs to stop.
Location - Weather not withstanding and If you like to walk, Munich city center is about 10 - 15 minutes away. If you'd rather take the metro, take the lobby elevator down to the platform and the city center is 2 quick stops away. The trip to Munich airport is 35 minutes from the same hotel platform, and you can save some time on the platform by having the concierge charge your ticket to your room.

Unless my business travels take me to another part of the city, I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing your feedback online.

It is great to read your positive and detailed feedback. We are always trying to create an unforgettable stay for our guests and our team members are our biggest asset. Therefore we are happy to see that they all did a great job to ensure you enjoyed your stay.

Regarding the internet I can share with you that it is a Hilton Standard to have free wifi in the public areas of the hotel which is available to all guests. We are currently conducting a study in order to compare our internet prices with our competitors.

We are working on some plans with a view to upgrade certain parts of our hotel which we will hopefully be able to realize in the near future.

We are looking forward to welcome you back at Hilton Munich City in the near future.

Essex UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Hilton during January hotel has kept its standard although ageing. Location is perfect the only reservation I have is the gym did not have enough machines so you will need to get up early if you want to work out before starting the day

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Bianca S, Executive Office at Hilton Munich City, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Munich City and for sharing your experiences with us. Your feedback is very important for us in order to improve our services and product.

I am happy to read that you had a great time at our hotel.

Thank you for your comment regarding our gym area which we will discuss internally to see if we can make any further improvements.

I do hope to welcome you back to Hilton Munich City in the near future.

Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

One of those typical for Germany mid level Hilton facilities. Small rooms (even on exec floor), same fittings and furniture I have seen in Hilton Dusseldorf. As mentioned by others getting tired, where even on exec floor the wall paper is pilling out...
Very professional reception staff, as well as the concierge ( though lack a human touch and a smile even for Diamond HH guest). Clean and spacious entrance area.
Unusually locally decorated breakfast resto was nice to see, not to mention a good breakfast even by Hilton standards. Executive lounge was also well appointed, spacious and looked fresh. Although again, the lady at the welcome desk did not act as a hostess (smile and a welcome sentence would do).
Location is excellent for business and tourists alike.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much to give us some feedback about your stay at Hilton Munich City which is especially valuable coming from a Hhonors Diamond Guest.

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I was happy to read that our reception team and the concierge did a great job. However I did pass on your feedback about the lack of “smiles” in this area.

I passed on your comment regarding the wallpaper in order to get this repaired as fast as possible and do apologize for this matter.

I do hope to welcome you back to Hilton Munich City in the near future.

Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

While this hotel is not technically within the center of the tourist area (encircled by the ring road), it is within walking distance of this area. Even better, there is metro access via an elevator from the hotel lobby and the market square is only 2 stops away. The hotel is also on the main metro route from the airport.

Check-in was very pleasant and helpful. People at the hotel continued to help throughout our stay. The concierge(s) were almost always at their post and again, responded well to all of our requests for help. Even the hostess for breakfast was very nice and conversational.

You won't get the "old world" feel from a major chain hotel but in many ways, a helpful staff can provide a lot of guidance and time saving tips to make your stay there worthwhile.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

First of all I want to thank you for taking the time to give us a feedback about your stay at Hilton Munich City.

As I could read from your feedback you were very satisfied about your stay. I was very happy to hear this because we are always trying to create a memorable experience for our guests and giving great service is definitely a major part of this.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to Hilton Munich City in the near future.

Chicago, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel several times. Each time, it seems that the rooms are a little more worn. In my last visit, my room had worn carpet, peeling wallpaper, and an extremely slow draining bathtub. The common areas are nice and I like having breakfast in the executive lounge. The exercise room is nice, but gets extremely warm. You can easily take the S8 train from the airport to Rosenheimer Platz to get to the hotel (walk in the direction of the train to get to the hotel). Overall, this is a nice hotel, but it seems that Hilton is skimping on property maintenance globally.

Room Tip: This is only a 5 floor hotel, so the views aren't that great. If you want a quieter room, ask f...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I want to take the opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Munich City and for sharing your feedback with us.

At Hilton Munich City we always work hard to address any issues that might exist in your room and always value any feedback you might have. Next to this we are working on some bigger plans to upgrade certain parts of our hotel which will hopefully become more concrete in the very near future.

Despite the mentioned feedback I am happy that you still enjoyed your stay overall and I do hope to welcome you back at Hilton Munich City in the near future.

Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by the warm reception staff (Thank you, Darina!)
The lobby and coffee/bar area was very comfortable and convenient for meeting people.
The room was not hyper modern but definitely not outdated either (as some people say) - maybe they have different rooms? I liked the bed, the interior and bathroom (except the shower curtains as an idea) but the toiletries were good.
I was very surprised about 1meter wide small duvets on a double bed but oh well, I was not cold).

Overall I thought it was a good value although I did not have breakfast nor wifi in my room.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing your feedback online.

I am happy to read that you had a great time at our hotel and was especially happy to read your comment about our hotel staff. They are indeed our biggest asset and are always trying to do a great job for our guests.

With regards to the bedding I would like to inform you we are currently working on a plan to change these in all rooms in the seeable future.

I do hope to welcome you back to Hilton Munich City soon!