“Quality hotel and convenient location for me” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Munich City

Hilton Munich City
Ranked #76 of 381 Hotels in Munich
United States
“Quality hotel and convenient location for me”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

While the hotel is not in the center of town, it is almost next door to the U-bahn station (Rosenheimer Platz) on the S1 line from the airport at a cost of EUR 10.40. The S1 line also serves stations to the central train station and many other places of interest.

Check in was prompt and my room was ready. The room with king bed was quite spacious and very clean with all the proper amenities for the bath area. The staff was found to very helpful and was able to answer questions I posed.

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past and usually was upgraded to an Executive Floor room, however there was no upgrade available this time. Nonetheless,the ground floor lounge area serves some tasty snacks. The bar was a bit slow in filling my requested order of drinks this time, which was the only slightly negative part of an otherwise excellent stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Ramona R, Executive Office at Hilton Munich City, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

I was very pleased to read your review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. I was very delighted to read your friendly words about our staff and the facilities we offer.

We would sincerely like to thank you for your positive feedback about Hilton Munich City and are looking forward to your next stay with us.

In the meantime if I can be of any further assistance, please do contact me directly at any time.

With best regards

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
White Plains, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

This hotel is nicely located close to the downtown area in Munich, but it's way too expensive for its offerings. The staff was not to helpful especially in the executive lounge. Find a better value in the downtown area if you are visiting Munich.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

We would like to take the opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Munich City and for taking the time to share some constructive feedback with us.

From your review I could concluded that your stay did not meet your expectations. I would be very thankful if you would contact me via Ramona.reisinger@hilton.com to share some specific feedback on where we did not offer you the service you were expecting.

Only due to guests who share their experiences with us, either positive or negative, are we able to look at our performances objectively and filter out the strengths and weaknesses of our hotel.

In face of your negative impressions, I still hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hilton Munich City in the future. If so, please let us know so we can upgrade you to a suite and take extra special care of you.

Kindest regards

Ramona Reisinger
Executive Office
Kuwait
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

It is a very nice hotel with beautiful and clean room, as anyone would expect in a Hilton hotel. The room space was good, and had a safe box, and AC. The wireless internet is very costly, only available for free at the lobby.
The hotel is located at a perfect location just above a main subway station.
The hotel staff was very friendly.
I will choose Hilton Munich City for my next visit for Munich!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at Hilton Munich City and taking the time to give us your positive feedback online.

I was delighted to read your nice words about our staff, as well as the cleanliness of our hotel.

I appreciate your comments about our internet cost and I would like to inform you for your next stay with us that we do offer rates including Wi-Fi at a lower price which I hope will ensure your next stay is even more satisfactory.

If you do have any further questions, please do not hesitate and contact me directly.

With nice regards

New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

This Hilton is well located, very close to the Deutsche Museum and an easy 15 minute walk to old Munich. The breakfast buffet is very plentiful and the room was typical Hilton - adequate but not fancy or special. Some problems - the water level in the bathroom sink and shower was very low; we asked the front desk for an adaptor to plug in our computer and at first were told that all the adaptors were in use by other guests and then after complaining that this was absurd for a large hotel one was eventually brought up to our room. It is always annoying to have to pay an inflated daily price to have internet access.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel in the beautiful city of Munich and for sharing your experiences with other travelers.

It was with pleasure that I read that you enjoyed our hotel’s location as well as our room facilities.

Please do allow me to apologise for the problem regarding the water pressure and rest assured that I will inform our Technical Department about this matter.

I would be very grateful if you could contact me directly to let me know your room number via Ramona.reisinger@hilton .com.

I will also make sure I speak to the Front Desk and get some additional adaptors ordered.

Yours faithfully

Ramona Reisinger
Executive Office
Mexico City, Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

I've made a phone reservation for five non smoking rooms. The clerk asked me to confirm whether I wanted the rooms be non smoking and I confirmed it verbally.
Upon a late check in one of the rooms turned to be smoking. We asked for a change and the hotel clerk at the counter desk confessed that the hotel was full and had no other room available, neither at higher price.
Conclusion, one of our fellows had a stinking room, and could not sleep at all, but upon check out he paid the full amount originally agreed. The hotel blamed us for not having the non smoking request in their system despite the fact that we checked in twice on the same week and the first time we all got non smoking rooms with no issues. It seems that they have lost their database overnight. :-)
Do not trust anything that does not come in written from this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet. Just do not trust the clerks over the phone and ask for a written confirmation...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank DemetrioRak
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your detailed feedback on Tripadvisor.

I am very sorry to read that you were not satisfied with the reservation service, please do allow me to apologise for this inconvenience.

Please rest assured that this is not the type of quality the Hilton Munich City is known for. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to prove to you, that we do care about your feedback, during your next stay at our hotel. If so, please let me know via floris.licht@hilton.com when you will be staying with us next so that we can take extra special care of you.

Next to this and as requested in my emails to you from past Tuesday, I would also be very thankful if you could let us know the name of your colleague that was given a smoking room so that we can reach out to him and apologise.

If I can be of any further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at any time.

With kind regards

Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed here while we attended Oktoberfest. Selected it because it seemed to be far enough from the fair grounds and we were not sure how rowdy the city would get. Well, this was perfect. As other fellow travelers have commented, the entrance to the Bahn (underground/subway) is right by the hotel. Oktoberfest grounds, or Wiesn as it is called there, is just three stops away. After a long journey to Munich our comfortable, clean room, facing the courtyard as requested, provided a great night sleep before heading to the fair. The staff was super helpful in many ways. From all concierge staff who gave us great instructions how to get to all places we wanted to go, to very nice MaryLou at the breakfast counter who already on the second morning remembered what our requests had been the day before. Did not quite explore the neighborhood where hotel was but we were there for Oktoberfest and to discover a bit of Munich. Having the Bahn literally in front/under hotel made a huge difference. The city.s underground system, as in the rest of a Germany, is very efficient, reliable, clean and user friendly. The bar at the Hilton was very lively. The restaurant at Hilton serves very good meals (which was great after the lousy, terribly overpriced dinner we had had the night before at a place right across magnificent Rathaus in Marienplatz, which was an unfortunate way to end our very awesome day at Oktoberfest. Wish I had the name of that eatery to suggest not to go there.....)
Finding a comfortable, well located hotel that provides with all your needs as you travel and friendly, knowledgeable staff the makes the discovery journey more pleasurable is everything you always wish for. Recommend this Hilton for making our stay in Munich so wonderful.

Room Tip: Our faced the side courtyard. Very quiet and peaceful.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ramona R, Executive Office at Hilton Munich City, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was pleasing to read your friendly words on Tripadvisor, as well as that you enjoyed a lot your time during the Oktoberfest in Munich.

Our biggest goal is to make all of our guests feel comfortable during their stay and we are very glad that our staff was able to fulfill your expectations.

We are looking forward to your upcoming stay with us in the future.

Kindest regards

Philip Murray
Operations Manager
chorley
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Perfect hotel, all said before, just beware of the mini bar in the room. My fault, should have checked prices before waking up thirsty in the night after sampling too much of the fantastic beer in the city.
4.50 euros for a 200ml bottle of cola, thats around £11.50 a pint.
Also bought 2 Black Russians at the bar, (not human, the drink) and it was 29 euros, about £26, so a bit over the top.
Mind you, the room was great, just make sure you stock up at the Aldi over the road with soft drinks, and like a previous reviewer commented, the alcohol in the supermarkets is so cheap, 6 bottles of 500ml German wheat beer at around £1.70, bottles of wine about a £1.And the British government believe U.K prices are too low? Mr Cameron, visit Germany, then you might have to reconsider.
Bsck regarding the hotel, the cleaners are very well mannered, and if you feel you need anything like extra coffee, towels, pillows etc, just ask or ring reception.
From the airport catch the S8 train, 22 euros for 1 but only 4 euros extra per person up to 5 passengers. Mind you, I felt as though we were the only ones who paid at the machine as they run the trains on a honesty system, and I honestly think everyone else travelled for free.
Would stay here again, if you order the limited room service after midnight, try the Goulash soup, lovely and not bad value at I think was 5.50 euros, just remember to check the mini bar prices.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank chorleyboy
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at Hilton Munich City and for sharing your experiences online with other travelers.

Reading your comments I could see that you felt our prices too expensive. I can assure you we have carried on an extensive study to see how we are comparing to our competitors and that our products and services are competitively priced with other hotels in the city. We are currently reviewing our minibar product and will certainly have your feedback on board.

I will however take your feedback on mind and thank you for taking the time to inform us about your impressions.

With best regards from Munich