Platzl Hotel(Munich)
$144
$125
Hotel Website
2,784 results
All reviewsthe executive loungerosenheimer platzs bahndirect accessdiamond memberconcierge desktrain stationbreakfast buffetconvenient locationchristmas marketmini barpublic transportstopscityelevatorgasteigeuros
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Stayed at this Hilton for 7 nights during Oktoberfest. The rooms themselves were nothing remarkable. Everything was clean and comfortable. Our window looked out to the street, but it wasn't that loud, so it wasn't a bother. Close to the subway (like you don't even have to walk outside to get to the station, just take the elevator down). Just a short, lovely walk down to Marienplatz.

This place truly shined because of its people. The check in clerks were friendly and welcoming, but the Breakfast check-in woman was WONDERFUL. She remembered our family after checking us in only once and she would routinely save a cushy table for us (which was great because the breakfast room can get crowded). The breakfast is so good. At least a dozen tea options for us tea drinkers. Lots of pastry choices, bread assortment, pretzels, fruit, cold plate assortment (cold cuts, cheese, olives, etc), hot options (eggs, bacon, breakfast potatoes, sausage, etc), cereals...the list goes on. Lots of tasty options! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Nina_Fiebig, Executive Office at Hilton Munich City, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Dear Travels4Food,

It was a pleasure to read your review. It sounds you had a great experience with us and I hope you had a unforgettable time at the Oktoberfest.

What makes us really proud is our staff and our products, like our “Breakfast at Hilton”. Many people say that breakfast is the most important dish of the day and we think this should be of highest quality. This is why we offer such a wide range including a local touch. We do this for our guests, so it is a huge compliment that you liked it. It is our goal to make every guest feel welcome. It will be a pleasure to share your lovely comments with our staff and I will let the women know which welcomes you in this wonderful way – Thank you so much!!

Hope to see you next year again when Oktoberfest starts or maybe earlier!

With warm regards

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed at Hilton for two nights during a business visit to Munich. This was by far one of the worst hotels I've stayed at. While check-in was timely, this is where the positive remarks end! Rooms were small, dated and had a funky smell. That should have been a clue and I should have asked for a room change or left for another hotel. Sheets were stained and I was unable to get hotel to come and change them.

When I returned to the States after a long trip, I discovered that I had a case of mild bed-bug bites. I have no doubt it was from the Hilton Munich City hotel as it was the only hotel I stayed at during this trip.

I immediately sent the hotel an e-mail explaining the issue and only asking that they take corrective action to prevent the spread of the bed-bugs to other rooms thorough the hotel. To my dismay, hotel never responded to two separate messages I sent. I then wrote to Hilton corporate offices, and have not yet received any responses.

I am shocked that the hotel would ignore such a public health issue. I did not intend to write this review on this forum, and only wanted to warn the hotel of issues I had at their property in hopes of preventing this from happening to someone else. Therefore, I would not, and could not, recommend this hotel to anyone who is concerned with hygiene and responsive management.

Room Tip: Chose one without bed-bugs!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank TheDiplomats
Nina_Fiebig, Executive Office at Hilton Munich City, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Dear TheDiplomats,

With concern I read your comments about your stay. I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
Hilton has a strict policy in place to ensure that bed bugs are not found in any of our hotels. All employees are regularly trained to know what to look for when checking our rooms. Here at Hilton Munich City we treat such feedback with the utmost of seriousness. With this in mind I would be most grateful if you could contact me directly at nina.fiebig@hilton.com to ensure that this matter is dealt with.

Unfortunately we have no record of your previous attempts to contact us hence us reaching out to you now.

With kind regards from Munich

Reviewed November 24, 2012

When you think about Hilton you maybe think about a good stable hotel with nice rooms, not necessarily luxurious but still much better than average – please re-think because this is not the case. Nowadays Hilton hotels are shabby, worn and plainly dull plus that they overcharge for the rooms. I will tell you my story from my visit in Munich. I came via the S-bahn train from the airport and it was a fairly easy ride and the good thing is that you can take the elevator right to and from the S-bahn so from that perspective the hotel location is great but please remember that both Holiday in and Novotel hotel are just 3 minutes (walking distance) from the Hilton Hotel (and this is where I will stay the next time). The check-in was very smooth and I got a room on the 3rd level – yes, a room with loose wallpapers. The impression I got was like checking in at a 1 star hotel or maybe a motel but even the motels are better these days. It felt very unpleasant indeed and you could see that the room had lived through its better days and to give such a room to a customer is plainly shameful. I have stayed at Hilton hotels in the US many times and it is exactly the same feeling, the name tells you that it should be good but the rooms are so worn and used and you can really see that they are trying to squeeze every dollar from the room until it almost falls apart. What I dislike the most is the fact that they are anyway trying to give you this room and it cannot be a surprise that the room(s) was in a bad condition. So I went down to the reception and told my story and showed my pictures and I immediately got a new room which of course was expected, I also got upgraded so that I could use the executive lounge which was the least they could do. I got the opportunity to look at the room and it looked ok and I had to go up and down to the reception and all in all the exercise took me at least 35 minutes and this is not why I check into the Hilton hotel, I have better things to do than running around chasing rooms. Oh, yes - I almost forgot...the office chair in the new room did have a big brown spot, I would say it would be great if they cleaned the room before they give it to a new customer, and yet again I had to go to the reception and then I gt a new CLEA chair. All the credits to the nice lady (thanks Katja) who helped me, she did a really good job to keep me calm. The credibility (Hilton hotels) is now definitely gone and I simply do not believe in the brand anymore which I did for many years (I should have stopped believe in it years ago and followed my intuition instead). A question to the Hilton management – why should I choose Hilton the next time?

Room Tip: Please be critical and make sure you get a clean and nice room - if customers just accept bad rooms they will never change their attitude.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Lamboswede

Dear Lamboswede,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Munich City and for your valuable feedback. I hope you had a safe trip back home.
After having read your feedback I was concerned to learn about your experience during your stay.
It would be a great help to us if you could contact me directly at nina.fiebig@hilton.com to discuss your stay personally.

With kind regards from Munich

Reviewed November 23, 2012

The hotel's location right above Rosenheimer Platz station makes it very easy to access the hotel directly from the airport and hauptbahnhoff. It is walking distance from Marienplatz. The buffet breakfast was wonderful, with especially tasty scrambled eggs. And you should definitely make sure the breakfast is included in your rate since there is not a real alternative close by. There is, however, a good Italian restaurant about a block away for evenings when you don't feel like going back to Marienpatz for dinner. The room was comfortable. The biggest negative is the cost of wireless.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CarolynP598
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Stayed at the Hilton Munich Centre for a weekend. The location is excellent, with an excellent Italian restaurant about 1 min walk away. The hotel is right above the train station (RosenheimerPlatz S-Bahn), no need to even get out as there is a lift that takes you directly from the station level to the hotel lobby. As a Hilton honors Gold, I was upgraded to the Executive Lounge floor, which turned out to be a pleasant surprise: excellent coffee machine with plenty of refreshments and dinner served every night. The breakfast is one of the best of the Hilton chain, and the staff are polite and considerate. All in all, an excellent stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LeoBRLondon
Nina_Fiebig, Executive Office at Hilton Munich City, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear LeoBRLondon,
We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon to Munich.

With kind regards