“As if on a holiday...”

Hilton Munich Park
Ranked #63 of 390 Hotels in Munich
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

I was in this hotel for business but when it was evening time, i was feeling like i am in a holiday resort; next to amazing English Garden, beautiful river and quite environment.
Hotel is beautiful but restaurant has not so many options to eat, could be better...
Overall, it is a good choice to stay in Munich

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank SedatKurtaran
Write a ReviewReviews (2,118)

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Great Hotel, have been staying there for many years. However, disappointed that Hilton still charges for Internet access. It is like charging for the use of the bath towels. Many cheap hotels and the Cafe on the Corner, provide free access to the internet

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank Leon R
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Rooms and interior of the hotel are very nice and comfortable. Exterior of the hotel is a bit outdated though. Good beds and very silent rooms during the night. Hotel is situated near a park so no noise. Connections to city center are ok, but you are not in the center within 5 minutes. Breakfast buffet is what you expect from a hotel of this category.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I have stayed at this Hilton many times through the years and my last review was top notch. Well, times change and this Hilton certainly has changed and NOT for the better.
Booked my room almost 9 months out using Hilton Honors points (Gold). Accumulated enough points to use for this part of my trip as I have done in the past....points are earned and not given out freely.
After a long boring train trip from Dresden, I checked in although I am an organizer from the getgo...it went downhill fast!
The check in clerk was very gracious and after hearing that the hotel was "booked" because of a fair in town, I couldn't be upgraded, couldn't have this, couldnt have that....so a guest manager (French which I need say more) came to discuss this with me. Speaking slowly and asking for nothing...he proceeded to continue the conversation. He kept telling me that "I" needed to know their policies. And when I asked what happened to taking care of the guest/customer, he became very patronizing and smug. I didn't ask to speak to him...the clerk got him....no words were spoken and no loud speaking was used I need to add.
Whatever....if I wanted a better room, then I should have "paid requested it and paid for it". So being a loyal member of Hilton Honors means nothing? Why accumulate points then? I have stayed st many HILTON properties and each time was treated courteously and professionally. This was NOT the case here.
But it gets worse....getting to my room, an attendant immediately knocks on the door for a "welcoming" plate. Bruised apple and a candy bar and could not speak one word of English! Then I ask at the front desk about public transportation and purchased a three pass. Trying to use the tram as I have done in the past led to more frustration....after a few stops, and not paying attention, I ended back where I started! Construction made the tram trip futile....but the clerk didn't know this? This hotel IS NOT CONVENIENT to anyone wishing to visit Munich...unless you takes taxis, public transit is B A D.
Tried to cash in some Euros coins I accumulated and no one could help me there....I cannot believe how poor the service is! Then on my first morning after all this, i go to the main dining room for breakfast....which is "supposed" to be "included" for Gold status....again, no. Receptionist kept insisting I sign for a 29 Euro receipt (???)...more frustration.
Then after more front desk questions and getting this resolved, after breakfast, I asked the clerk about using the bus service since the tram service didn't work....I took here advice and she was COMPLETELY WRONG in what she told me....I took the bus she told me and got off where she told me...only to walk 10 blocks and then find out I am no where near where I am supposed to be....so another one and a half hours wasted!!!
Honestly, although I gave this hotel great reviews in the past, I now must give it a POOR REVIEW. If you a a casual traveler, DO NOT STAY HERE! It is not convenient and the staff have been trained to ONLY TAKE CARE OF THE BUSINESS TRAVELER and have absolutely NO desire to take care of loyal Hilton customers....to say that this Hotel ruined my trip this time is putting it mildly....hated it....the staff do not smile, do not go out of their way and have very cavalier attitude which I will never toleratee whether using Hilton points or paying. And that guest service person was the most arrogant employee I have ever encountered within the Hilton system....he should be demoted if not fired!

Room Tip: Stay at an another hotel!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank dougkinney
Reviewed May 3, 2014

We booked 2 weekend nights at the Park Hilton in late April as part of our 3 city Euro Honeymoon. Although we booked just standard rooms, we were upgraded to the Executive Floor, which was awesome. I probably should have told someone at the hotel that it was our honeymoon, however because this room had 2 twin beds. We were too excited about the view, exec suite and everything else about it to complain though.
We had at least a dozen interactions with the staff and had only one somewhat negative experience, but this was probably due to a language barrier and me not being able to explain myself correctly. Other than that, everyone was great.
To address the location issue i see people complaining about. You should go into this knowing that this hotel is NOT really close to the city center, but there is a bus stop right outside the hotel. It's very easy to get there if you know how to read a map. I actually liked the area we stayed in because it was a little more relaxed and we were right in the English Garden.
Finally, do whatever you can to become a Hilton Gold member. The breakfast in the Trivoli Restaurant may have been the best breakfast I've ever had. It's complimentary if you have Gold status, not sure what the cost is otherwise.
Anyway, if i ever make it back to Munich, I'm definitely staying here.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pete P
Reviewed May 2, 2014

This is a decent Hilton with comfortable and well-equipped rooms. Some on the upper floors have great views over the English Garden. The breakfast buffet is pretty good although table cleaning can become a little over-run when busy. Having stayed here twice I would definitely go for a light meal in the bar over dinner in the restaurant which lacks atmosphere - packed for breakfast, rather empty at night - and which seems to charge a great deal for not that much. The big minus against this hotel is now a more minor minus with the wifi connection charge now cut from the outrageous and totally unjustifiable EURO25 a night to a more manageable EURO10. The power of customer reviews...

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Stayed for 3 nights

Shame I didnt get an upgraded room but still that happens. It's a clean hotel and has all the amenities you could want. The Lounge is great and I used it for a meeting which saved money and was very pleasant

One thing that needs a little more attention is probably the menu choice. Still lacking a selection for my tatses but wont stop me going back for sure

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business