“Outstanding Experience”

Hilton Munich Park
Ranked #56 of 387 Hotels in Munich
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 14, 2013

From the moment you enter the Hilton Munich Park, your senses are overwheled with the beauty of the lobby and ambiance created by the ecxellent staff of the hotel. The service was absolutely first class and the food on site was delicious. The Hilton Munich Park is a class act and truly a fantastic place to call home while visiting beautiful Munich Germany!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Lisa_Sude, Operations Coordinator at Hilton Munich Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Please allow for me to firstly express sincere appreciation towards your very complimenting review about your recent stay at the Hilton Munich Park hotel.

I am glad to have read that you truly enjoyed the hotel and the our staff showed you our best service! Thank you very much your positive remarks, they are a great motivation tool

I would personally find great pleasure in welcoming you back to the Hilton Munich Park hotel upon your next visit to Munich. If I may make a recommendation, during the winter time with its Christmas markets Munich has a very special charm. A trip would then most definitely be worth considering!

Until then, I thank you once again for your wonderful review.

Kind regards from Munich

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed here on points after drop-off of our European Delivery MB car at the Munich airport. As a Diamond member, we had access to the Executive Lounge and were given a room on the executive level. The front desk staff and concierge were very friendly and helpful. The room was well appointed, clean, and comfortable. The Exec Lounge was well staffed and their breakfast and snacks were fresh and well prepared. Our room overlooked the English Garden and it was an easy can ride to the old section of Munich. We were very pleased with this property and the quality of service and would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Staff could not have been more helpful, but sometimes a bit quick with directions. Except for Sunday brunch, food was below par and overly expensive. Very nice to have an indoor pool, but note: children not allowed in pool area after 5 pm, which was not helpful. Had to go downstairs to the lobby for internet service, which was most inconvenient.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Lisa_Sude, Operations Coordinator at Hilton Munich Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share the expressions of your recent stay at the Hilton Munich Park on Tripadvisor.

I am glad to read that our staff was helpful and made you feel comfortable. Regarding our food offer I am very sorry to read that we could not meet your expectations. The quality and freshness of our food has the highest priority for us. Together with the chefs’ expertise and passion usually only delicious meals leave our kitchen.

As a recommendation for future stays we offer a special value package “Hilton Business” which is bookable via our homepage and includes our scrumptious breakfast buffet, free in room WIFI internet access and a newspaper of your choice delivered to your room in the morning. Make sure to click on “Packages and Promotions” in the search results of your preferred dates, then you will find the “Hilton Business” package.

Dear Guest, it would be a great pleasure having you back at the Hilton Munich Park in order to pamper you with our best service and delicacies!

Kind regards from Munich

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Visited Munich as part of a road trip, and Hilton Hotel was a good pit stop. Spacious, clean room with good view over the "English garden". The location of the hotel is a bit off Munich center surrounded by a park which makes it good for guests with pets but difficult for those seeking immediate access to the center (40 min walk through the park, car, or public transportation). The staff was very friendly and professional. Although the offer of an underground garage I encountered no problem parking in the area as the corporate buildings in the surroundings were closed.Well sized swimming pool. The breakfast buffet was ample and always renewed. The bar next to the lobby area is well equipped and worth paying a visit. Internet service in the upper floors. The internet service on the rooms should be free of charge. Overall pleasant stay good and value for money

Room Tip: Get room in the highest floor possible
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Please allow for me to firstly express sincere appreciation towards your complimenting review about your recent stay at the Hilton Munich Park.

I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Your positive remarks are a great motivation for all of us!

KInd regards

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We were picking up a BMW on their European Delivery Program and this hotel, which is part of the BMW program, seemed like the best choice for us. And although the property itself is nice, and Jing at the front desk as well as their guest coordinator, a very nice woman whose card I have misplaced (my apologies to her) both listened to my story which I will recount in a moment, and were extremely sympathetic, to the point of hugging me. However, this does not change the fact that I demanded to see or speak with the hotel manager, Mr. Soerensen, or his assistant manager, Lisa Sude, who have both addressed negative reviews on this very site, as if they cared about their guests, trying to persuade the guests to give them another chance, as it were. It is clear to me now, that they clearly do not care one iota about me and my husband, who had a horrendous experience trying to make our reservation following the precise directions of the BMW program.It took me over 5 hours of effort, emailing the hotel address provided by BMW, waiting days on end for an answer, and exchanging multiple emails with the hotel, yet never quite getting to the point that I had a confirmation of my reservation despite providing the individual who ultimately responded (Carmen Polster) all requisite information in my very first email! I also called the hotel directly from my home at my expense numerous times, being placed on hold endlessly, and never reaching Ms. Polster or her substitute--either a colleague or manager-again never getting the satisfaction of a confirmation. I even called the Hilton 800 customer service number, a number of times, but they were experiencing computer problems one time after I waited over 2 hours on hold, another time I was given a run-around from one of the 800 number's supervisors. I even had my husband call the hotel directly, thinking that I was being treated so poorly because I am a woman, and he was treated just as poorly, nor did he accomplish the goal of receiving the hotel confirmation either. Finally, I found Mr. Soerensen's name and Ms. Sude's name in Trip Advisor replies, did my research and located their email addresses on line, so I could appeal to them directly--asking them why it took me over two weeks, all of the emails that I copied them on, numerous phone calls to both Munich and to the Hilton 800 number, and still had not received my confirmation for my stay at their hotel. I NEVER RECEIVED SO MUCH AS A REPLY TO MY EMAILS FROM EITHER THE MANAGER OR ASSISTANT MANAGER--IS THAT THE MARK OF A GOOD HOTEL, THAT CARES ABOUT THEIR GUESTS?
Upon check-in, when I recounted the stories of my difficulties, and showed the emails sent to Mr. Soerensen and Ms. Sude to the people behind the desk, they confirmed that the emails were sent to the correct email addresses, yet they had no explanation for the fact that neither Mr. Soerensen & Ms. Sude attempted to help me complete my reservation, nor even responded in any way at any time to me.The people behind the desk were speechless concerning the trouble I had to go through, and were sincere in their sentiments of sympathy, HOWEVER, I ASKED TO BE CONTACTED BY THE MANAGER OR HIS ASSISTANT DURING MY STAY, SO THAT ONE OR BOTH OF THEM COULD GIVE ME EITHER AN EXPLANATION OR AN APOLOGY, BUT THIS NEVER HAPPENED.

As I say in the caption of my review, the hotel itself is nice, a little out of the way, but in a beautiful setting on a stream. The physical plant is in good condition. The rooms are perfectly adequate, large and well-equipped, the buffet breakfast is ample and pleasant, there is a spa in the basement, and a covered garage. Unfortunately, we had dinner at the hotel, and there was only one vegetarian option on the menu--dumplings prepared three ways. It sounded nice enough, but somebody must have taken a pound of salt and dumped it in the pot, because I literally, could not eat this dish. When it was cleared, the waiter never inquired if there was something wrong, because I had not eaten very much. When the Maitre D' came over to ask if we wanted dessert, and made a perfunctory inquiry as to how we enjoyed our dinner, I said to myself, "since he asked, I'll tell him." He was alarmed, and offered to "do something for me." We concurred, and told him to do what he thought was appropriate. Upon checking out, we learned that he thought that doing NOTHING to adjust the dinner check was appropriate--another indication of poor customer service.
Chances are we will not return to Munich ever again, but if we do, we will certainly not stay at this hotel again--not even if Mr. Soerensen offers us a free all-expense paid trip.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that isn't at the end of the hall--and good luch getting an upgrade as a Hilto...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa_Sude, Operations Coordinator at Hilton Munich Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear reginalampert,

I am happy that we could solve the issue to your satisfaction.

Hilton Hotels & Resorts are looking forward to welcome you again to one of our properties around the world.

I wish you a wonderful Christmas time and all the best for 2014 for you and your family.

Warm regards from Munich

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and it was very comfortable. The room was a good size and very clean. Staff were friendly although the service at breakfast was not very good ( they only serve coffee and juice - the rest is self service, but we had to ask for the coffee and juice 2 out of the 3 mornings.
Only downside was the distance to the town centre and restaurants - a good 30 mins walk across the park (which was not a good idea in the dark - so had to go around, this took 40 mins).

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank paulineh540
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The hotel is located next to the English Gardens in Munich, a popular tourist area. It is a short walk to the Chinese Hofbrau Haus in the gardens.
The service was very good, the staff was friendly and helpful. The resturant has very good German dishes.
The only drawback is that is a bit far from most tourist attractions. However cabs are available 24 hours.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple