Hilton Munich Park
$133
$124
Hotwire.com
2,175 results
All reviewsenglish gardenthe executive loungetivoli restaurantenglischer gartendiamond membernice hotelcity centrequiet locationrooms are spaciouspublic transportationlobby areabeer gardentram stopbreakfast buffetper dayvisiting munichconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The rooms here are a little larger than the standard city rooms, however, I was shocked to find that I did not have lounge access as a gold member. For some of us working folks on a per diem, that lounge access means free snacks that equal dinner, so it's not a minor perk. Further, having to eat a buffet breakfast when you want to get out the door quickly is not a bonus. They do give you free soft drinks to make up for the lack of lounge access, however, I do not drink soft drinks and the water, as always, is free. The first person at the front desk was nice about it. The next time I had reservations I called about it and they were not nice at all. I'll stay at the Hilton City Center.
They do have an endless pool in the basement but half the time the sauna and steamroom are turned off early in the morning. The English Gardens are beautiful to walk around after work.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank CleaC
Lisa_Sude, Operations Coordinator at Hilton Munich Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for your review about your recent stay at the Hilton Munich Park.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the closeness to the English Garden but I can also see that unfortunately you had reasons for critique.

Regarding the access to the Executive Lounge I may explain to you that according the international Hilton Honors policy Hilton Honors Gold Members will receive an upgrade upon availability. If the upgrade is to an Executive Room, access to the Executive Lounge comes automatically with it. Due to our occupancy you received an upgrade to one of our Deluxe Room, that includes the soft drinks from the minibar. Furthermore Hilton Honors Gold Members have the possibility to choose between extra points, free breakfast or a bar voucher whenever there is no upgrade to an Executive Room available. I understand your wish for access to the executive lounge and our front desk team tries to fulfil all of our guests’ wishes but sometimes due to our occupancy we have to find an alternative.

Dear guest, I would be mostly delighted if we could welcome you soon again to the Hilton Munich Park.

Kind regards

Martin Soerensen
Director of Operations

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Lovely hotel, even if parking and internet require payment. The beds are really comfy and nice size bathrooms and bedrooms. Free internet in lobby and bar and they happily allowed my son a pizza in the bar even though it was not on the menu.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton in Munich for the last night of our honeymoon. The hotel is fantastically located right in the English Gardens. We were given a beautiful room that looked out over the park with a balcony and were surprised with a fruit platter and a bottle of wine in our room when we returned from a day of sightseeing. The staff were friendly and professional and went out of their way to make our honeymoon extra special.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We had paid for an upgrade to a deluxe room which it states on the website is on the higher floors. A view of the Englischer Garten was very important for us so we called the hotel 4 days prior to arrival to ask them to add the importance of the view to our reservation. I spoke with a pleasant gentleman in the hotel who added the request. I also asked him to request an early check-in if possible. We were travelling with our teenage daughter and arrived at the hotel at 10.30am. The front desk informed us that our assigned room had not been occupied the previous night but their check-in time is 2pm so we would have to wait until that time . I asked her to check if our request of an Englischer Garten view had been made possible. She said no and that our assigned room would be on the 6th floor. I asked her since it was only 10.30 am and we could not check in any way,would they not have a higher floor with a view available later? She said no, the 6th floor room was assigned to us and could not be changed . We were very disappointed. We went to the city and returned around 5pm. We received our key and headed to the 6th floor ,where we had a view of some office buildings. I did query why the website says deluxe rooms are on higher floors but she told me the website is incorrect . Really????? The room itself is very comfortable,clean with very good linen. The airconditioning was much appreciated as it was a very hot July weekend. I think we must have been the only people on the 6th floor as during our stay we never saw any other guests or indeed a housekeeping cart on our floor . On Saturday night we enjoyed some cocktails around 10pm in the bar (hot tea for our daughter).Very extensive cocktail menu and pleasant staff. Again there were only 2 other guests and us there so the hotel did not seem busy. We enjoyed the breakfast.Very good selection and friendly,bubbly staff serving coffee and juice tableside. We had no problem finding a table with a selection of seats available.Upon check out we were asked if everything was ok and we said we were very disappointed with our view and the response we got was "that's the weekend for you"........WE were surprised with the inflexible customer service ......or is that customer service??

Room Tip: I would have loved a room with a view...not sure how you get that??? I paid upgrade to deluxe and called hotel prior to arrival....?????
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank worldtravelx4
Lisa_Sude, Operations Coordinator at Hilton Munich Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your honest feedback on the online portal Tripadvisor. We appreciate receiving feedback from our guests, even if it is of a critical nature, as this is the only way we can truly assess our guests’ needs, and continuously improve our service.

I am delighted to read that you were satisfied the hotel’s facilities and that you enjoyed the time in Bavaria’s capital.

We absolutely do understand your wish for a room with a view. Due to our occupancy it is unfortunately not possible to guarantee requests regarding the view or a check-in time before 2pm. Please rest assured that we always try our best to consider our guests’ wishes.

Dear worldtravelx4, it would be wonderful if we could welcome you and your family soon again to the Hilton Munich Park.

Kind regards

Martin Soerensen
Director of Operations

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed at Hilton Munich Park for 2 nights. The hotel was about 10 tram stops from Main train station or approx. 30 minutes with other means of public transport. The room was huge with decent decoration and comfortable bed. Air-con was excellent and bathroom was equipped with great cleansing products. View was magnificent as we were given a room facing the the river and English Garden. The downsides we had were the mini-bar in the fridge and no breakfast included (or expensive charge). We were told we could enjoy free soft drinks in the fridge but there was none when we check. Overall, it was a pleasant stay!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple