“A hotel that is worth every dime” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ambiance Rivoli

Ambiance Rivoli
Ranked #113 of 381 Hotels in Munich
Bamberg, Germany
“A hotel that is worth every dime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

On a recent trip to Munich my wife and I needed a place to stay out of the city center. We found this hotel and it was exactly where we wanted to be. Close to the U-Bhan subway and not to congested with traffic. The hotel staff were a bit on the confusing side and seemed to be a bit disorganization. They had lost our reservation but were very helpful to get a room for us anyway. In fact they under charged me and had to call me back once I was home to correct the error.

After our snafu with the reservation we were very pleased to find the room included breakfast and internet. The room was wonderful. I would have to rate it as one of the top that I have stayed in at this price point. The room was spacious, clean. well laid out, and comfortable. The linen was of high quality as were the towels. The bath room was large and covered in a nice tile pattern. The only down side with the room we found was the bath tube was a jacuzzi that needed to be run and cleaned better.

The breakfast was well worth the trip. The food was warm and delicious. You were even able to squeeze your own fresh squeezed orange juice. We stayed there two nights. If I was in the area again I think we would consider this place first.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed at the Ambiance Rivoli for 5 nights and was pleased with the choice. The hotel is clean and comfortable. My bed was very comfortable and the shower had great water pressure. The U6 Harras station is literally a 5 minute walk. It didn't seem like a 4 star hotel but I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Klagenfurt, Austria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

we stayed for one night me and my fiancee, the hotel was really nice and the room very beautifull.
We aet in the a la cart restaurant and we didnt like it so much! The palte with the fish and noudels was like a soup.not nice.
In the reception someone that was working there called Thomas was not polite at all.Not nice for a hotel 4*!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bergliebe123
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

What a lovely hotel, very elegant and welcoming. Rooms were lovely and clean, and the bed was really comfortable, not at all hard. The breakfast choice was excellent and the staff very quick to help. Really liked that as soon as they realised we were english, they talked to us in english, great when you dont know much german. We had dinner in their Siam restaurant, which we recommend, excellent food. Would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Izzyambergecko
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

We stayed at the Ambiance Rivoli Hotel for one night only. The room was beautiful, comfortable and the staff were very attentive. Unfortunately, the one night spent in Munich was spent at the Hofbrahaus, which is an amazing place - wonderful food, good company, great music, and plenty of beer! It is for that reason that my recollection of the hotel is a bit foggy lol. I just noted in my travel diary that it was very comfortable, with a great breakfast menu.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kid_U_Not58
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

Actually rooms are all very nice. Each room is different from the other, and each one has a different taste. Superior rooms are really superior with jacuzzi in bathroom.
Food for breakfast is very nice and Thai Restaurant + normal restaurant are both Great.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank AmrAbdallah
Austin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stay at this hotel while on business in Munich. It's in Harras next to a U and S bahn station, so getting anywhere in town is extremely easy. There are only a few spots to eat within walking distance, so that's a negative, but the Thai restaurant in the hotel is quite good.

The rooms are clean and plenty big. The lobby is clean, small, and basic. The breakfast is excellent and a big plus for this place. The biggest downside are the linens and blankets in the rooms. The towels are quite thin and worn. The bed blankets are a tiny, not too thick cover that don't stretch the length of the bed. For a taller person like myself, your feet can get quite cold at night.

The convenience of this location for my business and breakfast are reason enough for me to stay again in the future.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business