“Good Italian Restaurant!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Osteria Il Tenore

Osteria Il Tenore
Ranked #181 of 3,473 Restaurants in Munich
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
MALTA
“Good Italian Restaurant!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

When in Munich, you cannot stay away from the beer houses and the pork and the veal and the sausages and all that German stuff. But there comes a point during your stay when you start yearning for a good pizza or pasta or some more elaborate Italian dish. Well there's the Osteria Il Tenore for you. Nestled in a side street off Maximillianstrasse, the restaurant offers good service and food in a very cosy atmosphere. Prices are very reasonable. I recently took a group there (we were 31 in all) and everybody was really very satisfied with this restaurant.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank FarrellMLT

Naxxar, Malta
“Best day of my vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Best italian food i have ever tasted.... pizza salame was the best pizza i ever had and salvatore was a very nice guy...... Palermitano was satisfied with the whole experience.

3 Thank JamesPulli
St.Petersbourg, Russia
“Italian spirit in the heart of Altstadt”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Ok I understand that Italian cousine may not be what you are particulary looking for in Munich, but it's really a great place. Friendly, cosy and just lovely. The menu is great. I do recommend Il Tenore and will be back!

Visited April 2013
2 Thank la11
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
“Great Italian restaurant in city center”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Bit hard to find, this Osteria is adjanced to Hotel de la Opera. Simple but nice interior, waiters were great and very helpful. They knew our hosts who are regular guests but I am sure service is not worse even if you are coming for the first time. You have a menu board, that day typical entry was EUR 13.50 and main course was of the same price. Menu (third course is desert) was set on EUR 29.00. We agreed on mixture of 3 starters, which was great. Our hosts took risotto as well as second entry, obviously it was delicious but after late and rich breakfast (and this was an early lunch) I had to skip it, and also to stop after 1/3 of spaghetti Siciliana. but dessert I had to eat completely, that was the highlight of my stay in Munich. That was Crema Catalana, a version of Crème Brule. While Crème Brule I do not like, this Crema Catalana was exquisite. Others had pistachio mousse, another great dessert of osteria Il Tenore. I was so pleased with the restaurant that I wanted to come on my own with my wife next day, but nice weather took us away from Munich's city center.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Filotije
Wash DC
“Delicious and great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Near the tourist area of the Hofbrau Haus, but this little gem had terrific Italian food. We couldn't decide on pizza or pasta. My 6 yo who rarely likes the crust ate his entire pizza.

Service was attentive and friendly. Nice break from Bayern local food.

• Visited July 2013