Motel One Munchen-Deutsches Museum
Hotel Prinz(Munich)
  • Pool
  • Room Service
1,204 results
All reviewsrooms are smallminute walkcity centreisar riverstylish hotels bahn stationwould stay here againcommon areascontinental breakfaststayed here for two nightsquiet locationshort stayboiled eggsnice barbusiness tripbusiness hotelstops
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed with a couple of friends for two nights in October. This was the first time I had ever stayed in this hotel chain and I will certainly be back. It was excellent value for money with our single rooms costing 69 euros per night. Breakfast was an additional 7.50 euros but was well worth it, with excellent choices. The room was very clean, no frills, not huge, and might be a bit small for two people. The bed was very comfy and I slept well. The shower was excellent! The only things I would have liked were some soap in the bathroom – there was only shower gel, and a bedside table.
The location was quiet, and is only a 15 minute walk from Marienplatz,
Overall a very good no frills hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 30, 2013

The rooms are good but basic. TV , bed and small desk. no place to put your clothing. shower is great but you only get body wash and shampoo bottles and there is no soap to wash your hands with. It is beside the S-bahn so easy access to the city centre. We went down the road to get breakfast but it did look basic. I would definitely stay here again but only for the weekend.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I really liked staying at Motel One. It was all very easy and efficient. The rooms are a bit smaller than other hotels but still enough. I liked the busy breakfast area, the whole place is very much alive and vibrant. A great experience and I would definitely stay again if I come to Munich.

Room Tip: Great value, great concept. I liked it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Guidowalter
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stayed 3 nights during oktoberfest. The rooms are basic - bed, chair, tv, lights, towels. I would have really liked if there were a fridge and maybe some regular hand or bar of soap (instead of only the combination body wash and shampoo bottles). That being said, the room was really nicely designed, comfortable, absolutely clean. The neighborhood is quiet, couple other hotels nearby and some apartment buildings. It is only a couple minutes walk to the S-bahn (direct line to/from the airport), and there are grocery stores above the station.
If you walk out of the hotel and head towards balanstrasse, there are a handful of locals restaurants (we went to Simplicissimus, loved it!).
We found the staff to be friendly as well. Didn't have breakfast there so can't comment on that.
All in all, there wasn't anything really "special" about it but we had a very fine stay!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here during the first weekend of Oktoberfest. Quite honestly, it wasn't my first choice but we were late booking and I refused to pay the outrageous prices most places were charging because of Oktoberfest. The Motel One Deutches Museum was a surprise! It is simple, but clean and efficient. I was afraid it was too far from downtown, but it is only a 15 minute walk to Marienplatz-- or only two S-bahn stops. Also, if you want to go to the Deutches Museum, it is a ahort walk. The room was quite small but the beds were firm and comfortable. Breakfast was okay. Parking is available out front of the hotel from a parking machine at EUR 6/24 hour period. I'd stay there again for sure.

• Stayed: September 2013