“Great location opposite train station”

Novum Hotel Muenchen Am Hauptbahnhof
Ranked #239 of 387 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in a triple room and the room was very clean. Heaters were available but no aircon however a window did open. Free wifi like most of Europe. Around a 15 min walk to the city centre. The location was great right opposite the train station

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank AhBea

Reviewed June 4, 2013

The hotel is very centrally located and also opposite Munich Hauptbankhof. Very close to Marienplatz and within walking distance to other places of interest. Breakfast is great and varied and will surely please the tastes of most people. My room being single was rather too small but then I wasn't going to spend my visit to Munich there. It was comfortable and clean and served its purpose fully. I recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Munich.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Fremeaux
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This hotel is in a fantastic location opposite Munich central station just a 10 minute stroll to Marienplatz. It was excellent value with a great buffet style Continental breakfast with a few hot items too. The bar was reasonably priced for a beer in the afternoon and our room was large and clean.

The one thing that I would point out is that breakfast is until 11am on weekends but only 10am weekdays, the recptionist didn't tell us that and we almost missed breakfast on Monday morning.

The Augustiner Keller beer garden is a 5-10 minute walk in the opposite direction of the town centre. It's a huge outdoor area with a self service area and a served area, the staff are friendly and it's amazing to watch them carrying 12 or more steins at once. Well worth a visit!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kelly W
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

It's difficult to find fault with this hotel. We booked for a 3 night budget break. The location was great for travel in and out of the city. We found the staff friendly and helpful, everything was spotless and the breakfast was great. OK the room wasn't huge but the beds were incredibly comfortable. Who wants to spend time in a hotel room anyway? Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank kentishdorit
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in room 205 which is at the front of the hotel. We didn't find it too noisy when window was closed. The room was clean and adequate for our needs and it's central location, opposite the HBf was excellent. Breakfast was good with the usual continetal selection, cold meats, cheeses etc. yoghurts, cereals, and a hot selection of sausages, scrambled egg and boiled egg Tea, coffee and cold drinks plus fruit.

The reception staff were very helpful with any requests we had. I am happy to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank jockuk
Reviewed May 16, 2013

If you are for a short stay in Munich and want to be near the centre, this is a good hotel to stay in. Plus points are that is right next to the train station and free wi-fi. However the rooms are very small.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Charles C
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This hotel was booked on our behalf by our vehicle rescue company.

I had a sense of forboding as I approached the hotel, it is run down from the exterior and sits uncomfortably next to the vastly superior looking Eden Hotel Wolff.

My expectations lowered further as the reception staff spent a good 15 minutes trying to locate our recent reservation, charging me 99 euros even though the payment had already been guaranteed by the ADAC (rescue company). At one point we were told to go and sit down whilst the receptionist fiddled around on the computer. At this point I decided I had better look at the room, and boy, am I glad I did....with all the stress of breaking down in our car, my wife would have burst in to tears if she'd seen the spartan room we were allocated. I think I stayed somewhere like it when I went on a school ski trip in the 80's.

At this point I telephoned my breakdown company, told them I'd find somewhere else and they should cancel the Winters. I walked down the road 20 yards and strolled in to the Eden Hotel Wolff that had considerably more curb appeal.....for 50% extra cost (50 euros per room per night), we were treated to a little oasis of calm with at least 3x the quality, if that's possible to quantify.

Unless 50 euros per night is going to break the bank for you, don't bother with Winters, go to Eden Wolff, the rooms, service, facilities and whole ambience are in a different league.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple