“Enjoyable with SUPER Fresh Donuts”

Schmalznudel - Cafe Frischhut
Ranked #1 of 19 Bakeries in Munich
Cuisines: German
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stopped here, based on the recommendations from TripAdvisor. Fried doughnuts were fresh and very good. Only problem? We didn't know to ask for them to be dipped in cinnamon sugar. We noticed locals coming in and ordering with sugar - AFTER we already ate. So, they were fresh and warm, but could have been better. Hot chocolate was outstanding however. So, while these weren't the best donuts I ever had, still worth a stop.

1  Thank SCB711

Reviewed May 26, 2013

The most scrumptious "Schmalz" pastry ever. So so so delicious! Try the Schmalznudeln!!! You won't regret it. Deliciously light and ever so pleasing to the palate. Such a lovely little cafe. The Virkutalien market across from it is a must!!!!! You can eat your way through it.....delish delish!!!!

1  Thank travellersalike83
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I was walking past and noticed a guy frying dough, when cooked they look like flying saucers dipped in sugar. They are lovely though and even better with nice cup of coffee. Not good for the waistline but if you're on holiday the that's OK. Loved the cafe and will take friends who visit for a real German experience.

1  Thank FionaC08
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I'm not sure what else to say. For those who said it was "average" I am not sure what they ate?!

In the front window they make the plain flat donuts and the jam filled ones all day long. They are always warm and fresh.

Incredible. We stopped by to take them out every time we passed by the market whether we were hungry or not. I had been on a previous trip and nothing had changed. Maybe it isn't worth it if you sit down and order the "wrong item"? I don't know as I've never tried

1  Thank d w
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Early in the morning is the best time to meet the locals from the market. Be prepared, you might encounter all sorts of characters. And have a go at the menue. For one day do not worry about the calories!!!!!

1  Thank cd_lavender