“great food and service”

Ranked #1,583 of 3,836 Restaurants in Munich
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Wonderful atmosphere, delicious food, value for money. The brownies were heavenly. Only critique would be if they had authentic asian desserts, I would go more often.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

I give this restaurant two stars for the food, and three stars for the service & atmosphere - I guess it depends on what you are looking for.

The service here is very friendly, quick (even on a Friday evening) and came with a smile.

I would not recommend nam nam if you are looking for authentic fresh Thai food.

The Tom Yam Gung soup was mainly mushrooms and TWO prawns in an oversweet broth.

The Panaeng duck curry consisted of a watery, coconut based sauce, soggy overcooked green beans and sweetcorn (I think the sweetcorn came out of a jar) and deep fried slices of duck breast. Too sweet, bland and not spicy (although according to the menu it should have been). No sign of any fresh herbs in either of the dishes.

The Hong Kong style crispy duck was also a disappointment - stringy and overcooked.

It is not difficult to obtain fresh Asian ingredients in Munich - I know of at least two stores that have fresh vegetables and herbs air-freighted in twice a week, so why cut corners?

Prices are reasonable but I would prefer to pay a bit more for better food (from somebody who knows how to cook Thai). Very disappointed.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Friendly staff and good Thai for a reasonable price. People eat happily. The place is crowded with students and I belive many of the staff are students as well. I saw some more negative reviews, but our experience was good!

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

I went to Nam Nam for dinner based on one of the reviews in Insomnia food travel catalogue available in many hotels at Munich. It's very close to the University and can be reached via the U Bahn stop Universitat or Odeonsplatz. The decor is quite chic and different from other Thai restaurants in Munich with a Tuk Tuk at the entrance area. The food menu is ok with 4 different price options with different colour codes starting from 4.90€ to 13.90€, however, I didn't see any combination with Traditional Thai Green curry. I tried their glass noodles with chicken and ground nuts, whereas, my wife orders the honey chicken with rice. Both were ok but it took them almost about 20-25 mins to get us these two dishes!! Its not very expensive but I wouldn't recommend to go there if you are a true Thai food lover who likes their spicy green or red Thai curries.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Recently stayed nearby the restaurant and stopped in for a lunch and dinner meals. The restaurant was smaller but had a very cozy feel. The food was very inexpensive and we were able to eat a three course meal for under 20 Euro a person. The food always came our immediately after it was cooked and was excellent. The portion sizes were plentiful and did not leave you hungry. Unfortunately, the service left something to be desired. I have traveled to Europe before and understand that the waiters and waitresses do not rush you. The first time we went the service was excellent but the second time we went, we were ignored the first few times we tried to order and was scoffed at when we requested an english menu. We were not trying to be rude but we were a little offended with the service. If you are looking for a quick and inexpensive meal, this would be a good place. But be sure to allow yourself plenty of time for your meal.